Returning Player. Should I Wait for 6.0?

Corinne

I'm a returning player and I read that Onslaught will overhaul some classes.

I'm afraid to invest in a character only to be frustrated after they change the way I've been playing.

Any ideas which classes will change the most for better or worse? I don't care about flavor of the month or min-maxing. I just like to play classes that are fun.

Well, you're able to post on this forum, which means you bought paid time or have a sub, and if you want 6.0 for free, however it turns out, you'll need to sub by the deadline. Sub now and after you get it wait 30 days and then cancel if you don't like it.

However 6.0 turns out, if you're interested enough to ask, give it a whirl and see. Worst case you're out $15.

I'm afraid to invest in a character only to be frustrated after they change the way I've been playing.

Any ideas which classes will change the most for better or worse? I don't care about flavor of the month or min-maxing. I just like to play classes that are fun.

If you are thinking on major changes to several skills and some core mechanics of clases like we had from 4.X to 5.0 (best example: Powetechs); then rest asured this is certaily not the case from what they showed. Just don't get too attached to current set bonus bacuse that part WILL change. Other than that the basics will be the same, ONE more skill and different set bonuses.

Well, you're able to post on this forum, which means you bought paid time or have a sub, and if you want 6.0 for free, however it turns out, you'll need to sub by the deadline. Sub now and after you get it wait 30 days and then cancel if you don't like it.

However 6.0 turns out, if you're interested enough to ask, give it a whirl and see. Worst case you're out $15.

6.0 is free for all players regardless of sub status. a sub is not required to gain access to 6.0. Bioware already stated this fact.

Facts on the ground: we have been given a glipmse into some of the mechanics around 6.0 in PTS and the livestream a month back, but really there isn't a whole lot out there as far as information is concerned at this point on 6.0 and certaintly not a lot anyone else can give as it is all subject to change until release.

so i can't give you any better answer than: i don't know. As i don't know is the only genuine answer there is at this point until EA get off their hands and deliver more information, but that depends on them.

Edited by Celise

I'm afraid to invest in a character only to be frustrated after they change the way I've been playing..

You could wait for 6.0 if you have something else to do, or you could play a character now, without investing too much into it (credits, dyes, etc) and wait and see what happens in 6.0 Then you could either continue with the character, or start a new one.

Your choice. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

Honestly, depends where you are.

Theres a lot you can do to prepare. Playing properly is not really important until you are doing max level content, wich i doubt you will do that quickly. PvP is the only thing that could have you see benefits.

Either way, i doubt any classes will change dramatically, the way say WoW did it with Legion.

Classes are getting new passives and a new ability (and a tactical wich modifies one skill). But i haven't myself heard much about revamps, though i do hope some specs get improved.

AKA it's an mmo. Things will change. Nothing will change to the point you are playing a completely different class from night to day. So, i say play it. Theres no reason to hold off if you haven't prepared for onslaught. You got lots of stuff to do until you even reach the expansion content.

Edited by Nemmar

6.0 is free for all players regardless of sub status. a sub is not required to gain access to 6.0. Bioware already stated this fact.

From the Onslaught launch article on the main page:

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught is coming September 2019, free for all subscribers!

So yes, 6.0 will be free for all subs. Pay one month and you get access to it. Don't pay, and your max level will be 70 or 50 if you never paid for a sub before.

I seem to remember someone saying they're giving Shadow of Revan for free to everyone, but I can't find the article right now.