Make Torian Melee Again

Fergz

Of course it's possible. "Old" (pre-KotFE) Torian still is melee, so of course they could change the details of "new" Torian's class(1) to include a melee weapon.

(1) It's called "Torian Cadera". All companions have a personal class all to themselves, although there's an oddity surrounding class companions who return - they get a new class of the same name, and in a couple of cases, the weapon type changes.

This makes me wonder why the change was made. Was it a programming/database/technical issue - or an error - or was it in response to people (and/or the devs) wanting Torian to be ranged. We may never know. :) Edited by JediQuaker

This makes me wonder why the change was made. Was it a programming/database/technical issue - or an error - or was it in response to people (and/or the devs) wanting Torian to be ranged. We may never know. :)

Maybe the PTs prefer to have him ranged, but as a Merc I want him in close beating the crap out of people with his huge stick

I prefer him as ranged.

Bounty Hunters already have Gault as ranged sniper. In fact, now EVERYONE has him. Plus Jorgan is now ranged sniper. We don't need another sniper companion. Would much prefer Torian go back to his melee stance, where he belongs.

Plus Jorgan is now ranged sniper.

There's no other kind of sniper(1). (end: pedantry)

I'd also add that Jorgan was *always* ranged DPS even before he (er, a sniper) was changed to use a sniper rifle instead of an assault cannon.

(1) It's worth noting that the history of sniping includes some remarkable things, including sniper hits from a mile and a half using a heavy machine gun (see: Carlos Hathaway) and the De Lisle carbine, one of the quietest firearms ever made, which despite its desperately short range (effective range: 185 metres) could nevertheless far out-range any character in SWTOR.

I'm shocked people saved him over Vette? lol I Keep seem to make myself haha.

He shows more dignity when staring Death in the face than Vette does. To be sure, he doesn't want to go that way, but he faces it with a graceful acceptance of his fate that Vette totally fails at. That's why some people let him live. My character Baroness Jintalie Tark saved him because, well, why wouldn't she save her husband in favour of saving some whining thief, anyway?

(It's worth noting that Jintalie is Light V.)

I repeat: HE SAID IN DIALOGUE WITH THE BOUNTY HUNTER THAT HE WAS CHANGING TO BLASTER after watching bounty hunter in combat. It fits with his story that he actually changes his weapon.

Makes no sense that Jorgan went from Blaster Cannon to Blaster Rifle.

Uh... Torian could use a blaster and still be melee range... maybe swapping it with his staff. Just made no sense for him to totally change his style, despite a throw-away line. (It made sense for Gus to use a saber with his nascent Jedi training.)

It also made TOTAL sense to change Jorgan to sniper... his entire backstory is about how he was a great sniper with a special forces team. It was discussed at length as he and the trooper tries to save his old division.

We didn't need more snipers after Jorgan was changed (first, I might add)... Torian should have remained melee range with his staff.

I'm shocked people saved him over Vette? lol I Keep seem to make myself haha.

I did on pretty much all my characters, for various reasons.

My BH obviously saved her husband over a girl she barely knew.

Some of my characters, decided to save a warrior when fighters were more needed.

For some it was just that his influence was higher than Vette's

And i as the player liked Torian's reaction much more than Vette's. He doesn't want to die, bur he's ready to accept his death while Vette pretty much asks you to sacrifice Torian to save her. Honnestly i'd rather fight with someone ready to sacrifice himself rather than with someone ready to sacrifice me

And well as said above, Torian is my main BH's lover while Vette is none of my main's LI.

About the topic, i think i like him better the way he is now than as melee with a staff.