Running Animation Glitch with Drawn Dualsaber

Chelan

The animation for running with a drawn dualsaber is glitching out. The legs and feet look wobbly. It is happening with both the normal run and while sprinting. The glitch is much more pronounced with sprint turned off though, it looks like the animation is cutting off and starting over mid-step.

Experiencing this with Female Body Type 1. I've tested the other lightsaber wielding characters (all same gender and body type) and only the dualsaber seems affected. I noticed this started happening after patch 5.10.3.

Edited by Chelan

• Dev Post

Thanks to all for the reports about the current running animation with drawn weapon of Shadows and Assassins. It is affecting multiple body types of female and male characters. The team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

• 8 months later...
I am on Iokath with my Sith assassin doing the where dreams die mission and this bug has started again when I run with dualsaber out. it was fine before update 6.1.

I've started having this too, though not with my Shadow...

Edited by Corpsmancase
Grammar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's been almost an entire year since we were told this is being worked on. Can we get an actual update on this situation and an ETA for the fix? 'We're still aware' isn't really a good answer after 11 months. What's the hold up? When's it coming?

• 2 weeks later...
I have been experimenting with this and am having this bug today, It happens after I apply the perk that increases my normal running speed by 15%. This is unfortunate as it would be nice to run faster a bit, but the animation glitch doesn't make it worth it. So hopefully that helps you narrow this down, looks like it was brought up for a long while now though.

• 4 weeks later...

It has now been over a year since this was reported, and the team has yet to fix an ANIMATION GLITCH or provide any information whatsoever beyond "we know about".

This bug is also affecting people using Cartel Market lightsabers. Maybe that'll get it fixed.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can see this glitch on my female shadow body type 4 :(. It seems, as some people mentioned, the main culprit is that 15% movement speed increase from the "Misdirection" utility; as soon as I enabled that one, I've started seeing the glitch.

Can we please get a fix for this? It's very easy to reproduce.

Edited by MicholashKage

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks to all for the reports about the current running animation with drawn weapon of Shadows and Assassins. It is affecting multiple body types of female and male characters. The team is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Are you sure about that? Because this is STILL HAPPENING IN 2021 :(

• 2 months later...
Still broken! In game "Support" said that I maybe have some conection/launcher problem and send these useless links - " https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-launcher-troubleshooting-guide/ " " https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ ". *** is that!? Some sorta trolling?! Edited by Nita_Kane