melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

So what? Either be patient and be thankful for what Bioware presented to you AS AN OPTION TO DO OR NOT DO or else don't play the game. End of story.

People need to stop thinking they're entitled to everything.

No one is saying they arnt thankful for what bioware does, but we are all paying customers who want voice our opinions on the forum. Which im pretty sure we are entilted to do so? So we ar just letting them know a variety of weapons may have been a better choice...end of story

The only thing bioware owes us is a working game, and no one has said they owe anything more.

Edited by MerkSauce

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is saying they arnt thankful for what bioware does, but we are all paying customers who want voice our opinions on the forum. Which im pretty sure we are entilted to do so? So we ar just letting them know a variety of weapons may have been a better choice...end of story

People still would have complained.

"OMG, Rifle users get the iconic bowcaster and all we sabers users get is some crappy new crystal that will be obsolete in 3 days!??! And pistol users got Pistol Bowcasters? OMG, The lORE?!? Bioware has runt Starwars forever!! It's DEAD!!"

The last event had nothing but Crystals, basically.

The last event had something much better than crystals. It had unique companion customizations for each class. Yeah, it's just fluff items, but fluff which isn't obtainable by any other means (i have my doubts about the incoming cash shop, but still), and which clearly shows that you participated in the event. With the said customizations you can show off just like with some cool unique looking speeder. Same goes for containment set and title.

All these rewards point out that their owner has something to do with the rakghoul event. But it's absolutely not the case for the current one. Bowcasters remind you of wookies, not the scavenger hunt. Sand people armor reminds you of sand people, as well as the already existing social set, not the scavenger hunt. Imperial loyalist/Capable specimen titles remind you of... nothing actually, they are meaningless.

The dumb mistake being that BW did not give YOU the rewards that YOU want dring THIS live event because they are staggering them over SEVERAL live events meaning YOU will get your turn...but others have THEIR turn BEFORE YOU?

So you say i have to wait for my turn. But when will it be? Another 4 months later? And what if i get unlucky and won't find anything useful at the next event? Should i wait for the next one which will happen another 4 months later then?

What you say might be acceptable ONLY if we would get events much more frequently, maybe each month or something. But in the current situation with them being so rare, isn't it better to give something unique to every class each event?

So what? Either be patient and be thankful for what Bioware presented to you AS AN OPTION TO DO OR NOT DO or else don't play the game. End of story.

So if i'm being fed an obviously bad quality content, i need to be patient and thankful that it's at least something? Like a dog, which is happy to get bones from the master's table? I don't have a right to express my opinion, critisize anything? Leave any negative feedback?

Quite cool approach you have here, buddy.

Not Driz

You do realise GW2 is gonna suck right?

Yeah, damn that dynamic combat in which actual skill rather than homing-in lasers determined by dice rolls matter! Damn the dynamic events in which your actions actually impact the game world and changes it irrevocably! Damn the awesome art direction, stable and razorsharp responsive engine, the sheer sensemaking design decisions! Damn them!

... You sound like you're trying to convince yourself, darling.

I mean, you must already know that the game is just a mediocre rehash of popular game mechanics from WAR et al with some cartoony PvP and and a renamed trinity??

Except there is no trinity. There is no carved-in-stone roles. It is everything but a rehash, though explaining that indepth to you would take a while - and likely be futile. Hopefully, though one could have his/her concerns, you've got some friends asking you to try it out. You'd be surprised.

Its also arguably more entrenched in the F2P / P2W model than TOR will be...

As it stands, Guild Wars 2 is neither of what you describe. It's B2P, aka Buy2Play. The cash shop is nigh-anonymous and not even a selling point for the game. It's also confirmed to be purely cosmetic, conveying no ingame benefits. Judging from the recent GamesCom convention, the same cannot be said for SWTOR. With EA's pedigree taken into account, it seems highly likely that SWTOR will be far more susceptible to wide-ranging "P2W" initiatives.

Give it 3 months and you will be proclaiming it "FAIL" because it does not cater your every demand and personal vision for the game....still at least I know you will surely enjoy such misery :)

Driz

Considering they have a Dev Team that has been allowed postponings, creative freedom, support etc, and who communicates vocally with their community with a sincerity that is all but unheard of in the industry... I doubt it. I am fairly positive that it'll have a positive launch and subsequent reign. Far more positive than SWTOR would ever be able to hope to accomplish with its inane design choices, lack of creative vision and risk-taking and blatant disregard for its community.

At $15 month they are entitled to something to do that they are paying for besides which came with the box price.

As far as the "or else don't play the game" that is what is happening in spades. At this rate there won't be enough left to justify even keeping the doors open on it.

No big deal bud. I see the bigger picture. It's a video game. It won't last forever. If I don't enjoy it, I'll stop playing it and pick up another one. I'm sorry to hear that you waited years for a video game that disappointed you. I'm not going to shed any tears if you unsubscribe due to dissatisfaction. Yes, the servers populations are dwindling. They will just continue to consolidate/shut down servers until they turn the lights off. It's a fact of MMO's. They have to end at some point. Some sooner than others. Oh well. I will continue to play it until I don't enjoy it any more, or they pull the plug. One thing is for sure though: I won't nerd rage over something so trivial as this game.

Here's the thing. Most of us still around DON'T want to see this game continue to die.

We don't want to lights turned off. Why? Because WoW is terrible, Rift is convoluted and boring, TSW is awful, and I mean the bulk of us are Star Wars fans.

That's why we rage. It's not that this is adversely affecting any of us in real life, but this IS a game forum, this is the place to voice appreciation or complaints about...you know...the game itself.

It just amazes me how month after month Bioware makes mistake after mistake. Even when they actually do something right (Rakghoul Plague) they can't help but eff up the next event they do - somehow.

Moreover, if you think this event was trivial, you clearly are overselling the overall skill level of the developers working on this game. Content and bug fixes have been behind schedule and bug ridden since...release. Seriously, this might be the worst dev staff in my history of MMORPG's (at least as far as I can remember) at actually fixing serious bugs in a timely manner. Although to be fair, it might be more EA's terrible decision to use an alpha version of this Hero engine. The coding environment itself might be inhibiting development. I couldn't say.

Edited by islander

Understood, but when CS comes out and clarifies for us the fact that yes, some classes didn't "get the love" this time but that they will in future events, it does in face become whiny and, frankly, immature to keep railing about something that's been clarified.

The problem stems from some people having unrealistic expectations. Having, for example, a new raid every five weeks or continuous story content with complete voice-over work every month is a ridiculous thing to expect from ANY MMO. Being thankful for what's given to you, even if it is optional or not to your taste or does not directly benefit you in the way you feel you should be benefiting, is the mature way to behave. Would I have liked for my marauder main to get some awesome loot? Sure. It does not mean that I am going to cry six ways from Sunday about Bioware being awful or incompetent or stupid, because A) they're not, and B) I'm not an entitled, spoiled crybaby like a lot of people seem to be. Have some perspective, be patient and get over the fact that this is NOT a society where everything gets handed to you.

At $15 month they are entitled to something to do that they are paying for besides which came with the box price.

As far as the "or else don't play the game" that is what is happening in spades. At this rate there won't be enough left to justify even keeping the doors open on it.

There's plenty to do...people are just too lazy to do it.

or disinterested. Has that occurred to you?

Very much so, yes. I find a disconnect about disinterest being a motivational factor for whining about nothing to do, though. :) Lack of interest and lack of content are two separate issues, and a lot of people want to make them out to be the same thing...that was my point.

Very much so, yes. I find a disconnect about disinterest being a motivational factor for whining about nothing to do, though. :) Lack of interest and lack of content are two separate issues, and a lot of people want to make them out to be the same thing...that was my point.

Roger that :)

Yeah, damn that dynamic combat in which actual skill rather than homing-in lasers determined by dice rolls matter! Damn the dynamic events in which your actions actually impact the game world and changes it irrevocably! Damn the awesome art direction, stable and razorsharp responsive engine, the sheer sensemaking design decisions! Damn them!

... You sound like you're trying to convince yourself, darling.

Except there is no trinity. There is no carved-in-stone roles. It is everything but a rehash, though explaining that indepth to you would take a while - and likely be futile. Hopefully, though one could have his/her concerns, you've got some friends asking you to try it out. You'd be surprised.

As it stands, Guild Wars 2 is neither of what you describe. It's B2P, aka Buy2Play. The cash shop is nigh-anonymous and not even a selling point for the game. It's also confirmed to be purely cosmetic, conveying no ingame benefits. Judging from the recent GamesCom convention, the same cannot be said for SWTOR. With EA's pedigree taken into account, it seems highly likely that SWTOR will be far more susceptible to wide-ranging "P2W" initiatives.

Considering they have a Dev Team that has been allowed postponings, creative freedom, support etc, and who communicates vocally with their community with a sincerity that is all but unheard of in the industry... I doubt it. I am fairly positive that it'll have a positive launch and subsequent reign. Far more positive than SWTOR would ever be able to hope to accomplish with its inane design choices, lack of creative vision and risk-taking and blatant disregard for its community.

I thought GW2 was amazing last beta test and I cant get enough of it, everything about it is fresh, and being able to cast w/ no ability delay is a refresher I cant even begin to describe. The guy is mad that GW2 is gonna steal a lot of subs is all. Everything you said here is true.

Understood, but when CS comes out and clarifies for us the fact that yes, some classes didn't "get the love" this time but that they will in future events, it does in face become whiny and, frankly, immature to keep railing about something that's been clarified.

The problem stems from some people having unrealistic expectations. Having, for example, a new raid every five weeks or continuous story content with complete voice-over work every month is a ridiculous thing to expect from ANY MMO. Being thankful for what's given to you, even if it is optional or not to your taste or does not directly benefit you in the way you feel you should be benefiting, is the mature way to behave. Would I have liked for my marauder main to get some awesome loot? Sure. It does not mean that I am going to cry six ways from Sunday about Bioware being awful or incompetent or stupid, because A) they're not, and B) I'm not an entitled, spoiled crybaby like a lot of people seem to be. Have some perspective, be patient and get over the fact that this is NOT a society where everything gets handed to you.

I definitely agree, however, they should at least make items available to more than one class. The fact that my companion can get it does not justify the hours spent doing the quest. maybe 2 classes or 3. Or throw in a color crystal of some sort. Luckily I have a lvl 50 operative that isnt my main, but can still use a bowcaster. Even if they made something my main melee couldnt use but wouldve made a better variety.....wouldve been better.

There's plenty to do...people are just too lazy to do it.

That's like telling people to count dots on your television when the signal's cut. Just for the sake of defending television itself.

The game's content is extremely shallow, grindy and easily exhausted. It's content whose equivalent was in TBC and WotLK, which is now being phased out of WoW for stuff like varying dailies. SWTOR is an anachronism. And for the record no, I do not plan to play MoP and I do not play WoW currently. I do, however, plan to play Guild Wars 2 because that game is truly innovative in so many ways in an mmo-genre that is unbelievably stale. Something SWTOR is very much contributing to.

I thought GW2 was amazing last beta test and I cant get enough of it, everything about it is fresh, and being able to cast w/ no ability delay is a refresher I cant even begin to describe. The guy is mad that GW2 is gonna steal a lot of subs is all. Everything you said here is true.

I'm mostly amazed at the level of intelligence, sheer sense-making and astonishing creative energy and vision in every aspect of the game. It is so diametrically opposite to this game.

And again, the color crystals where aimed at lightsaber users. To say otherwise is just being naive. No rifle/pistol user cared.

Wow generalize much? I loved the crystals on my Smuggler and Bounty Hunter and they both use pistols. I know plenty of other people who farmed to get the crystals and their rifle and pistol users as well. Simple fact is the last event catered to everyone, this event didn't. You can try and paint it any way you want but it doesn't change the end result which is that people are being left out during this event which is happening right before another game launches that lots of people are planning on moving to.

It makes no marketing sense. We all know the game is suffering, the subs have dropped significantly since launch and that's before GW2 comes out. Personally I'm not interested in GW2 in the slightest, but having watched almost my entire guild leave for it and then sat chatting to them on mumble or facebook and heard them talk about how much they enjoy it, I can see that they probably won't be coming back. Right now the game needs players, servers are dead or dying, a new game is launching and the last thing the dev team should be doing is putting out an event that leaves more than half the player base feeling let down. It doesn't matter on an individual basis what people think of the event but rather on a large scale and from everything I've read over the forums the past few days and see in the chat on the game itself, this event is letting people down and it's hardly surprising as to why.

The Sand people outfit looks like something they made for the previous event but weren't able to get ready in time, there is simply no explanation as to why it is in this event. We don't interact with the sand people, we aren't even led to believe the Chev have, it's just randomly there. The bowcasters whilst looking awesome are again something that seems totally out of place. There has been no Wookies involved in the event anywhere that I've seen and again no suggestion that the Chev have been working with the Wookies or anything, they just randomly happen to have only Wookie weapons. I honestly don't see how anyone can consider this event a success. It's upset a significant portion of the playerbase, has been riddled with bugs, has had nothing instanced causing mass queues and griefing and causing hostilities between players on half the servers, is full of cutscenes in which the player characters have all seemingly developed laryngitis and can no longer talk, despite the previous event and the whole story up until that point being full of fantastic dialogue and has failed to impress people even close to the level that the previous one did.

Of course people can wait until the next event and hope they get lucky enough then, I probably will since I'm here for the Star Wars aspect more than anything, but if it's going to end up being another 3/4 months wait with very little to keep people interested until that point, then it's obvious that the subs are going to continue dropping and people are going to get fed up and leave.

Color crystals where mainly for Jedi/lightsaber users. If you dont understand that concept, there is no hope.

Stop crying.

Mainly...not ONLY. Regardless, yes, the event felt rushed and not completely well thought-out (from a logistical, esthetic and, at times, lore-related perspective). All I'm saying is that people shouldn't expect everything all the time or else they will be sorely disappointed. Maybe I'm just an optimistic person by nature...

Color crystals where mainly for Jedi/lightsaber users. If you dont understand that concept, there is no hope.

Stop crying.

You are wrong. If you don't understand that concept, there is no hope for you. See what I did there?

I got the green-black crystal for my Powertech and still use it. One of the Mercenaries in our guild cares a lot about what colour crystals he is using.

So to say that the crystals were aimed at only lightsaber-wielders is short-sighted at best.

Edited by juanni

Stop crying.

Color crystals were usable by everyone, no matter how much difference it makes visually, the stats are useful, unlike bowcasters where melee/pistol classes cannot equip it at all. If you don't understand that concept, you have no hope.

Stop posting.

There is also lack of content. I have been here since early release and am on my 5th toon running through. I have done all the flashpoints, planetary quests, ops in normal and hard mode, rakghoul event and PvP warzones up the ying-yang. Please enlighten me as to what else there is too do once you have done all this stuff multiple times over? There are no sandbox elements (such as pazaak, ship customization, housing, sabaac, pod and swoop racing, holochess or gambling on Nar Shadda) so everything else, for those that have been here since launch, is done multiple times over.

Now we have what would have been patch 1.4 broken apart and going to be served in elements of one thing every six weeks. Yeah, BioWare is doing a GREAT job. It's us players who are the problem.

You are wrong. If you don't understand that concept, there is no hope for you. See what I did there?

I got the green-black crystal for my Powertech and still use it. One of the Mercenaries in our guild cares a lot about what colour crystals he is using.

So to say that the crystals were aimed at only lightsaber-wielders is short-sighted at best.

And saying that Bowcasters, that are BOUND TO LEGACY are not for everyone is accurate? Is there some stipulation on your account that won't allow you to create an advance class that can use these items?

Saying a bind to legacy item is not for every one is short-sighted at best. See what I did there?

And saying that Bowcasters, that are BOUND TO LEGACY are not for everyone is accurate? Is there some stipulation on your account that won't allow you to create an advance class that can use these items?

Saying a bind to legacy item is not for every one is short-sighted at best. See what I did there?

What is shortsighted is expecting every single player to have a bunch of alts, or expect them to level one even if they are not interested. A lot of people like to stick with their mains and are not interested in playing other classes, they like to focus and devote time on the class they like.

So what really is the downside to have rewards appealing to every class? Nothing, apart from developer lazyness.

It's pointless for people to be saying "oh but they're useful for alts" and all the other excuses presented, the simple fact is there is no good reason for why there are not rewards usable by every class. It should not have been difficult for Bioware to see common sense and realise that if they ever give away unique items they should be available to all classes because as others have said not everyone has or is interested in rolling every different class.

Personally I have purchased 4 of the bowcasters, 2 for my sniper and 2 for my vanguard, however my main is a scoundrel which I have spent a lot of time on and these weapons are no use to the character I care the most about. There is no excuse for why the event does not benefit every class equally.