So can I remove armoring mods from BM/Rakata gear?

Kurfer

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part that only applies to new gear is the set bonus. Before Game Update 1.2, the set bonus is attached to the shell item, and thus it cannot be moved from old items. In Game Update 1.2, the set bonus will be attached to the armoring, meaning you can move it between items.

The part that only applies to new gear is the set bonus. Before Game Update 1.2, the set bonus is attached to the shell item, and thus it cannot be moved from old items. In Game Update 1.2, the set bonus will be attached to the armoring, meaning you can move it between items.

You're joking, right?

Please tell me your not seriously saying that people with the current gear will have to reaquire it because EAWare is incapable of doing anything right.

Because from your post that sounds exactly what what you're saying, I just want you to clarify.

You're joking, right?

Please tell me your not seriously saying that people with the current gear will have to reaquire it because EAWare is incapable of doing anything right.

Because from your post that sounds exactly what what you're saying, I just want you to clarify.

Reading comprehension, you got it all wrong

Oh it's you again. No the mod isn't joking, it's been announced weeks ago that's how the changes to armor/moddable gear/set bonuses would be coming together. Allowing you to have any look you want and not sacrifice set bonuses.

You seem really unhappy about 1.2 in general, wish you the best finding something you enjoy about it.

Just to let you know, this currently does not work on the PTS. The armorings come out as labelled with the slot and can only go in that slot, but the set bonus isnt listed on the armoring. When put into orange gear, and equipped with an original piece of tier, the set bonus appears satisfied (green), however the effect is not applied. This was easily tested with the sorc healing 4pc (+50 force) and warrior DPS 2pc (-5s on enrage CD).

Just to let you know, this currently does not work on the PTS. The armorings come out as labelled with the slot and can only go in that slot, but the set bonus isnt listed on the armoring. When put into orange gear, and equipped with an original piece of tier, the set bonus appears satisfied (green), however the effect is not applied. This was easily tested with the sorc healing 4pc (+50 force) and warrior DPS 2pc (-5s on enrage CD).

I already did a /bug for this. I would hope you did as well.

Regards,

KK

Ok,

Not sure I understand so I apologize in advance...

In 1.2 I can take the armoring/mod/enhancement out of my Rakata pieces but will not get my set bonuses?

But if I have the new T2 gear that drops in 1.2 I CAN transfer set bonuses?

I think that's what you're saying correct?

**EDIT

I think I am reading it wrong, sorry re-read what you typed...

It appears my original question was confirmed...1.2 binds everything to armoring instead of the shell.

1.0+ = Remove mods/enhancements only, armoring part of shell

1.2 = set bonuses attached to armoring thus allowing us to remove all three from the Rakata stuff.

I just want to get rid of the look of my Rakata/BM equipped player...the orange gear was graphically designed 500000% better.

Edited by Kurfer

Oh it's you again. No the mod isn't joking, it's been announced weeks ago that's how the changes to armor/moddable gear/set bonuses would be coming together. Allowing you to have any look you want and not sacrifice set bonuses.

You seem really unhappy about 1.2 in general, wish you the best finding something you enjoy about it.

It did sound for a second as if he was saying changes to existing gear wouldn't be retroactively applied.

I am really unhappy with 1.2, and 1.1.5, and 1.0, and the game in general.

If the game was better I'd be playing it instead of on the forums.

I did find something I enjoyed about it, which ironically is simply not playing it.

Edited by HKDeath

I already did a /bug for this. I would hope you did as well.

Regards,

KK

after rereading the yellow post, it seems as if this is intended.

Edit after some further investigation on the PTS and analyzing word for word the yellow post. It almost seems as if all NEW items (ie black hole, campaign and the new tier of raid gear) will have the set bonus ON the armoring.

I got some campaign boots last night, with no stats whatso ever, no armoring, no mod, no set bonus. Which leads us to believe that the new gear will have the set bonus on the armoring.

If you take all the armoring, mods, enhancements etc out of a rakata piece right now, the set bonus still stays on there. Which fits with what he said.

Edited by gramz

after rereading the yellow post, it seems as if this is intended.

Edit after some further investigation on the PTS and analyzing word for word the yellow post. It almost seems as if all NEW items (ie black hole, campaign and the new tier of raid gear) will have the set bonus ON the armoring.

I got some campaign boots last night, with no stats whatso ever, no armoring, no mod, no set bonus. Which leads us to believe that the new gear will have the set bonus on the armoring.

If you take all the armoring, mods, enhancements etc out of a rakata piece right now, the set bonus still stays on there. Which fits with what he said.

Well then i'll just have to ignore my set bonuses then...

I can't stand to look at that gear anymore, so ugly. I hope the dude responsible for the design was fired and working as a bagger at Walmart. i'd rather not take weeks after the patch is introduced to change my look to something less insane...

It will take weeks because I have zero confidence the new operation won't be bugged to hell thus preventing us from completing our gear sets. D7 hard mode still doesn't work half the time...

Edited by Kurfer

Thanks I hate the fact I have to pay for reusing items I already own ><;;...

sucks, but small price to pay :)

What about BM armoring guys? Is the expertise now bound to the armoring on the existing BM gear?

Well then i'll just have to ignore my set bonuses then...

Snip

It will take weeks because I have zero confidence the new operation won't be bugged to hell thus preventing us from completing our gear sets. D7 hard mode still doesn't work half the time...

are you saying you've done D7 without it bugging? Lucky!

Also I agree it is lame that set bonuses on my current stuff won't carry over when I want to put the mods in my orange set. I am getting the mats and schematics ready to start crit crafting oranges now.

Kind of a silly decision bioware since I think a lot of players want to customize their look but will ultimately choose the set bonus instead. Is there tricky coding involved or this an intentional ploy to get us to spend playtime grinding new gear?

Does this apply to lightsabers as well? Bonuses attached to the hilt instead of the "shell item"?

What about BM armoring guys? Is the expertise now bound to the armoring on the existing BM gear?

Yes, some info on this would be appreciated too.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Okay, this needs some MAJOR clarification. The wording of it makes it seem like we won't be able to remove the armoring of any set bonuses pieces we have in 1.2 from the pieces we currently have in 1.1.5.

Ideally, on day 1 on 1.2, the first thing I was going to do was remove the set bonus from my Rakatta chest and put it into my PVP chest, turning that PVP chest into a PVE one. Will that NOT be possible without having to reacquire both pieces after 1.2?

Okay, this needs some MAJOR clarification. The wording of it makes it seem like we won't be able to remove the armoring of any set bonuses pieces we have in 1.2 from the pieces we currently have in 1.1.5.

Ideally, on day 1 on 1.2, the first thing I was going to do was remove the set bonus from my Rakatta chest and put it into my PVP chest, turning that PVP chest into a PVE one. Will that NOT be possible without having to reacquire both pieces after 1.2?

This. I am currently wearing the entire Ciridium War Armor "set", all orange, modded up to the best I can, and have enough tokens or half-empty (took the mods, kept the remaining item) Columi and Rakata set pieces waiting to have their armoring and set bonus transferred to my orange gear.

I was absolutely, 100% expecting, from everything ever said, that this will be possible. Now the wording of the orange post here really sound like that would not happen, and only on new gear from the new operation the armoring+setbonus are removable.

I can't express in words how pissed I would be if that were but a [attention, gigantic euphemism incoming] "miscommunication".

It almost seems as if all NEW items (ie black hole, campaign and the new tier of raid gear) will have the set bonus ON the armoring.

Correct for any items that have a set bonus. The set bonus is on Campaign armorings.

I got some campaign boots last night, with no stats whatso ever, no armoring, no mod, no set bonus.

There's an unrelated issue that's causing some items to appear blank - that's the case here. The actual Campaign boots will have full stats and mods.

When you acquire an item does not matter.

You can remove armoring from any item that has one.

If you remove the armoring from some high end items, it will bind to that slot (so it can only be transferred from chest to chest).

Currently, Armorings of level 61 or above (new in 1.2) have the set bonus on the armoring.

Items of level 58 or below (existed before 1.2) have the set bonus on the item, not the armoring.

It will have the PvP set bonus with PvE stats. Reacquiring the pieces in 1.2 will not change the results. To get the PvE set bonus on your PvP gear, you will need to acquire the Campaign gear, extract the armorings and put them in your PvP gear. If you only want the chest, you can keep the other 4 Rakata set pieces equipped, get just the Campaign chest and put that armoring in your PvP chest.

Edited by StephenReid