Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to Rectify Class Balance! (PVE and PVP)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Petition to Rectify Class Balance! (PVE and PVP)

AndoEyrune
11.15.2015 , 07:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lodinn View Post
Jugg isn't that weak if you compare it to mara. Sure, now anni has very decent numbers but you get more burst, intrinsic aoe and whatnot. I won't say juggs are weak.
I actually disagree with this statement. A carnage mara can put out both more single target and, to a somewhat lesser degree, aoe burst than juggs. Also anni is the best melee single target sustained class in the game, and is only inferior to an AP PT due to a lack of burst. In both cases still better than a juggernaut.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lodinn View Post
Assassins seem to still be worse than juggs.
I also have to disagree with this, as deception is capable of extremely high burst due to phantom stride and recklessness procs on discharge, and, once again, is capable of single target damage higher than a jugg, although aoe is less than a jugg.
Vendrine <LS>

"I'm Done"
-Kytera 2016 (RIP)

Tintfax
11.15.2015 , 09:49 AM | #22
Agree with that... If Maras and Assas are behind jugs, it is a matter of skill, not class.... most of the time.

wadecounty
11.15.2015 , 12:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ViceroySaber View Post
Concealment has never had good AOE, but at least pre-4.0 it was a strong single target spec.

I've had a raid leader tell me to take the 25% damage utility for Carbine Burst in fights like Torque. I hope that one day, Concealment AOE might be such that this might actually be a viable suggestion and not completely ridiculous.
<slap>
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

GrandLordMenace
11.15.2015 , 12:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
<slap>
He's not wrong you know.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game

GrandLordMenace
11.15.2015 , 12:51 PM | #25
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

This thread's damage calculations were done with my logs. Projections definitively show Jugg DPS is worse. (Fun fact, Deception is actually as good as AP PT, there's just not a single good player in the world that has made it work quite yet, cause it's been bottom of the barrel for so long).

thebugman
11.15.2015 , 05:53 PM | #26
I agree, engi snipers need a buff, plasma probe and orbital strike should stick to a target!!!!!!

GrandLordMenace
11.15.2015 , 06:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by thebugman View Post
I agree, engi snipers need a buff, plasma probe and orbital strike should stick to a target!!!!!!

no comment.

AndoEyrune
11.15.2015 , 06:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by thebugman View Post

It's also incredibly difficult

Engineering 2 hard, pls nerf
Vendrine <LS>

"I'm Done"
-Kytera 2016 (RIP)

Shadix
11.15.2015 , 07:21 PM | #29
/signed

I don't care which class is on top or on bottom, what I want to see is the disparity between dps classes reigned in to the promised 5% when this game released.

I'm ok sitting on the bottom of parses if the very top is only 5% more than me. I don't think that's asking too much, and I believe that shows the devs are at least trying to class balance.

Please stop this silliness, BW. You're our only hope.

GrandLordMenace
11.15.2015 , 08:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadix View Post
/signed

I don't care which class is on top or on bottom, what I want to see is the disparity between dps classes reigned in to the promised 5% when this game released.

I'm ok sitting on the bottom of parses if the very top is only 5% more than me. I don't think that's asking too much, and I believe that shows the devs are at least trying to class balance.

Please stop this silliness, BW. You're our only hope.

More importantly, the spec at the top makes zero sense for being at the top. IT should be at the middle of the pack or below considering how simplistic it is to run in a raid.