Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4.0 KOTFE Augmentation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
4.0 KOTFE Augmentation

PlayLoud
10.22.2015 , 04:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by power-alex View Post
if your results are correct, then 1% is negligible. Basically it doesnt matter which augments to use
So, stat budget is all that matters?
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | SSD: Samsung EVO 1TB
Video: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 10 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

power-alex
10.22.2015 , 04:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
So, stat budget is all that matters?
I'm no expert, but to me 1% is nothing. Because you can't get a perfect 100% uptime on the boss in any ops anyway. In 16m unless you have a mainframe at your disposal you will get lag and ability delay and all that crap so alacrity will be useless to you. Even in 8m.
For example with alacrity I on a dummy could manage putting in ravage+blast in gore window without berzerk - but never in ops evnironment, because of ability delay and lag.
It's like in 3.0 we argued between main stat and power augments and came to conlusion that the difference was like 1 or less percent and you could go with whichever you like, it didnt matter.

AbashedDuk
10.22.2015 , 05:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by power-alex View Post
For example with alacrity I on a dummy could manage putting in ravage+blast in gore window without berzerk - but never in ops evnironment, because of ability delay and lag.
Not all of us have ****** computers lol and I have not noticed any ability lag in a long time.
Sycaro

Ryuku-sama
10.22.2015 , 05:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AbashedDuk View Post
Not all of us have ****** computers lol and I have not noticed any ability lag in a long time.
It's not about ability lag.. Just the slightly higher latency in raid than in your ship in front of the dummy. Pulling a VT>Rav>DB or a VT>G>Rav>DB is doable with the right amount of alacrity and perfect execution. It's not in raid environment just because you need about 0 ms delay. Even the best comps have 10-20ms delay which is enough to throw off the VT>G>Rav>DB combo and make G>Rav>DB significantly more luck-based than I'd like.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Goblin_Lackey
10.22.2015 , 11:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakisback View Post
I see no damage formulas here. Only stats and then a claim of dps gained or lost without any work shown. You need something like this bro: (2(1.05)(2476)+400)(1+(.75)(.01)(23+30(1- (1- (0.01/0.3))^((x/65)/0.8)))(.50+.15+.30(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((x/65)/0.8)))+(.25)(.50+.15+.10+.30(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((x/65)/0.8))+.23+.30(1- (1- (0.01/0.3))^((x/65)/0.8))))(1+.30(1-(1-(.01/.3))^(((1370-x)/65)/1.25))) = ymax at 895 crit

That is just a crit vs alacrity graph as an example. You need the ability damage coefficient to base damage ratio, the 5% bonus damage class buff, your bonus damage prior to the stats in question being calculated, the total non-autocrit and auto-crit percentages, the crit chance prior to the stats in question being calculated, the crit chance formula, the surge formula, the surge formula for autocrits, and the alacrity formula. At least. Whatever method you are using is grossly simplified and woefully inadequate.
You are right, I should really show more of my work here.
But the problem is, that to do it full justice it really needs its own post just to explain the system (I had one prior to 4.0 but over-zealous moderation removed it). I am currently working on an updated version that should be out soon (still data gathering on all of the changes and reformatting).

Until that is posted, please believe me that I have taken into account and had included all of the inputs you posted and many, many, more. I have included a small section that shows a very simplified version from this just as an example:

Spoiler

I meant for this post to be more of an informative post on the new augmentation options. That is why it is light on the explanation behind the dps numbers and heavier on just showing what happens with each choice.
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

HaemmernZeit
10.23.2015 , 09:02 AM | #26
Can confirm swapping out some of my power augs for crit increased my damage a lot! Thanks for this post. I would not have thought to try crit augs otherwise.

Zottelkrischan
10.23.2015 , 09:28 AM | #27
what i don't get is why have it to be the augments that should have crit, why not use still power/mainstat-augments and take more crit from mods and enhancements as they always have a lot of crit?
or will you say we should have as much crit as possible on mods, enhancements AND augments?
Darth Malgus Ellie Minator - Róllmops - Ichmussweg - Pri´lilifeh - Gnhaark - Grčebo Forced Marge - Ashk-ente - Trennmittel

bdatt
10.23.2015 , 09:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Zottelkrischan View Post
what i don't get is why have it to be the augments that should have crit, why not use still power/mainstat-augments and take more crit from mods and enhancements as they always have a lot of crit?
or will you say we should have as much crit as possible on mods, enhancements AND augments?
Crit no longer comes in the mod slot. Only power and defense. They shuffled things around in 4.0.

That said this was to demonstrate point for point dps return at a fixed starting stat budget. As he noted his overall optimal stats will be released later and reachable (or close to optimal) by multiple strategies including augments/crystals/enhancements.

oofalong
10.23.2015 , 01:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Goblin_Lackey View Post

Conclusions:
1) Only Augment with Accuracy, Critical, and/or Alacrity (for all DPS and all healers)
2) Only Use Eviscerating crystals
Incidentally in my limited theorycrafting (Annihilation | Watchman) I agree with these. I also happen to have every color of crit crystal from the cartel market for sale. Let me know what you want and I'm sure we can arrange a fair price
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

RussianDantex
10.23.2015 , 02:10 PM | #30
Sorry if you mentioned it before:

Are you going to post some optimal stats for 4.0 for all classes 216/220 gear as you did previously?