Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy

Goblin_Lackey
10.31.2015 , 12:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Two things:

1) You need +10% to get 110%, not +9%. As I'm sure you know, there is a legacy bonus of +1% that is easy to achieve for end game characters, so all experienced characters should be assumed to have it, but for...accuracy's sake you should probably mention this.

2) While 4.0 did change Melee and Ranged attack base Accuracy from 90% to 100% (making all attacks have a base of 100%), and the display has changed, it is incredibly misleading. When you look at the [redesigned] character sheet, the upper left quadrant displays all of your stats, but it does not include bonuses. So if you look just at your Accuracy stat and mouse-over it, the tooltip will not show you at + 10% Accuracy until about 775 (which is higher than the 3.x value of 758), not the new value of 684.

If you look at the drop down sections in the bottom half, you will see your actual [correct] percentage, and mousing over it will *accurately* include the +1% from the legacy bonus. Basically, since all accuracy is now the same, BW should probably move it to the "permanent" stats section and not display two (or more) times (in different formats) on the same "page".
I automatically assumed that everyone would have the 1% from companions. Especially since they have now they have changed the requirements for the conversions from affection to story progress.
Because of this starting base of 101% only 9% more is needed to reach 110%. This has been the same since the launch. (though with the 3.0 dropping +3% accuracy talents, it has changed to all from gear)
684 is still all you need to reach the +9% which allows you to hit 110% Accuracy.
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

eartharioch
10.31.2015 , 02:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Goblin_Lackey View Post
I automatically assumed that everyone would have the 1% from companions. Especially since they have now they have changed the requirements for the conversions from affection to story progress.
Because of this starting base of 101% only 9% more is needed to reach 110%. This has been the same since the launch. (though with the 3.0 dropping +3% accuracy talents, it has changed to all from gear)
684 is still all you need to reach the +9% which allows you to hit 110% Accuracy.
I know you understand how it works, my point was things have changed in 4.0, and since there appear to be a lot of new and returning players, I was just suggesting a couple of things that it might be useful to clarify.

o The +1% bonus comes from completing the conversations with one of the original five companions. New players that jump in with a level 60 (and thus cannot have those conversations) cannot (as far as I can tell) get this bonus unless they play a regular start-at-1 character as well. Players returning from launch (before the legacy system was implemented) may not be aware of this feature at all.

o I wasn't aware if you were aware of the char screen inconsistency, and thought you might want to point which Accuracy score people should be looking at in order to avoid confusion.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link