Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Jedi Knight class for beginners??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Best Jedi Knight class for beginners??

ChandlerNichols
07.20.2015 , 01:00 PM | #1
I'm about to finish the sith assassin storyline and figured I'd make a jedi class, I just started playing MMO's this year and am not too experienced. My assassin uses the hatred skill tree for more dps and I still beat the game pretty easily with no real problems regardless of my noobiness. I just want to use a jedi knight class that is the easiest to adapt to. thank you.

Ziffron
07.20.2015 , 01:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandlerNichols View Post
I'm about to finish the sith assassin storyline and figured I'd make a jedi class, I just started playing MMO's this year and am not too experienced. My assassin uses the hatred skill tree for more dps and I still beat the game pretty easily with no real problems regardless of my noobiness. I just want to use a jedi knight class that is the easiest to adapt to. thank you.
One does not simply "beat" an MMO, you finished a single story for a single class. The Jedi Knight class is definitely not for beginners, as they have some of the most convoluted rotations in the game. the easiest of these would probably be the Combat discipline for the Sentinel AC
The Merak Legacy
Never Retreat
Never Surrender
The Force is with you, Now and Always

ChandlerNichols
07.20.2015 , 01:33 PM | #3
Thank you for the postů. for future posts if you could state what are some good moves/rotations to use for the class as well that'd be awesome. And please don't use so many acronyms for the words I don't know what all of them mean still lol

ChandlerNichols
07.20.2015 , 02:08 PM | #4
bump...

btmart
08.10.2015 , 10:33 AM | #5
If you're looking for a DPS role, Guardian Vigilance is a good place to start. Has a fairly simple rotation, and can put out pretty decent numbers. If you're trying to get 4k+ DPS, that will take a bit more work on rotation but it is completely doable. Sentinel classes are less forgiving, rotation-wise.

Kyovarde
08.10.2015 , 10:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ziffron View Post
One does not simply "beat" an MMO, you finished a single story for a single class. The Jedi Knight class is definitely not for beginners, as they have some of the most convoluted rotations in the game. the easiest of these would probably be the Combat discipline for the Sentinel AC
No, just no.

I play both a 60 Juggernaut and 60 Sentinel. They are my two favorite classes. Parse around 4100 on Juggernaut (192 MH, 186 gears mostly) and 4400 on Sentinel (192 6 piece 192 MH 198 OH).

Vengeance/Vigilance is BY FAR the simplest rotation for either of the AC. Literally all you have to do is keep DoTs up and Ravage during Shatter CD. Combat is a fairly simple rotation, but takes a good reflexes, skill, and a decent connection to execute properly. Focus/Rage are both simple rotations, but lower DPS. Don't even bother with Watchman unless you want to devote days played to learning a rotation.

KelbornX
08.10.2015 , 07:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandlerNichols View Post
Pick the Guardian Advanced Class and use the Focus Discipline. Focus is very easy to play, and Guardian has a lot of defensive abilities built in that will help you while leveling (since Guardian is one of the 3 Tank classes).

Focus is a "burst damage" spec that has a heavy focus on mobility and mid-range abilities. This makes it better suited for someone just learning the class as it's more forgiving than Vigilance, and is better suited (in my opinion) for leveling and Story content.

If you really want to dual-wield lightsabers you can totally pick Sentinel; it just has a more of a learning curve than Guardian and is a bit weaker defensively. Sentinel's Concentration Discipline is exactly the same as Focus for Guardian. The Combat and Watchman Disciplines are better damage than Concentration, but they're harder to play (especially Watchman) and imo aren't quite suited to leveling.