Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Temporary) Ideal Tank Stats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
(Temporary) Ideal Tank Stats

Cyole
01.17.2015 , 09:35 PM | #21
Noob here trying to under stand your pages here. What does the first number in the string represent?

100.{1500,{defense->1220,shield->280,absorb->0}}

145.{6000,{defense->1452,shield->2506,absorb->2041}}

Decrepid
01.18.2015 , 03:38 AM | #22
The first number is your total stats budget.

In your character sheet hover your mouse over defense, shield and absorption chance and look for the rating (in brackets), add these together to get your total stats budget.

Make sure your buffs and stim are on

Dakkus
01.19.2015 , 10:17 AM | #23
My wife found this today, and from trial and error, it looks like I'm on a decent track with my guardian. I'm a fan of building on profession strengths.

Current:
Defense Shield Absorb
1448 1051 804

However, I've noticed at times that certain bosses eat through defense regardless. Usually due to debuffs, but not always. Would it be a good idea to have 2 suits: 1 defense focused for most situations and 1 that's mostly absorb/shield that's good for specific bosses? Just swap them before/after boss fight.

Thank you for everyone's effort that went into making this. Will be using it for my shadow tank that I'm about to slot out ^_^

Gardimuer
01.19.2015 , 03:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakkus View Post
However, I've noticed at times that certain bosses eat through defense regardless. Usually due to debuffs, but not always. Would it be a good idea to have 2 suits: 1 defense focused for most situations and 1 that's mostly absorb/shield that's good for specific bosses? Just swap them before/after boss fight.

Thank you for everyone's effort that went into making this. Will be using it for my shadow tank that I'm about to slot out ^_^
Some bosses do more Force/Tech damage, which the defense stat has no effect on. So yes, there are situations when it is better to have less defense and more shield.

KBN's original post contained 3 lists of stats for each tank class: one for High Force/Tech dmg, one for Moderate Force/Tech dmg, and one for Low Force/Tech dmg.

meisterjedi
01.19.2015 , 10:37 PM | #25
in addition there might come up some new boss profile. Revan is ~80% I/E dmg post mitigation and therefore might be the first boss where hp is almost everything that matters itemizationwise.

Hanak
01.20.2015 , 06:44 AM | #26
Thank you again for your hard work!

Rather than create another thread right now I'll just post the Tanking Min/Max spreadsheet I've made here. The Values tab has all of the information saved from KBN's original post.

SWTOR Tanking Min/Max and Augment Spreadsheet
Ukvayat Hanak
Saberwing on The Ebon Hawk
Operations Leader and Recruitment Officer
"Return with Honor"

Naritara
01.20.2015 , 07:29 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hanak View Post

Rather than create another thread right now I'll just post the Tanking Min/Max spreadsheet I've made here. The Values tab has all of the information saved from KBN's original post.

You sir are a prince among men! Brilliant work!!!
::: Mains: Ay'li - Mercenary DPS | Ayl'imei - Sniper DPS:::
::: Ay'limei - Sin Tank | Aylimei - Sorc Heal/DPS :::
::: Koturan - PT Tank | Ak'ame - Jugg Tank/DPS | Aylimai - OP Heal :::
::: Kara'luna - Sentinel DPS | Ka'raluna - Commando DPS:::

Horano_Heresy
01.21.2015 , 01:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Methoxa View Post
#1 Malaphar : M/R+K/E: 52,6%
F/T+K/E: 0%
F/T+I/E: 47.4%

#2 Sword Squadron : M/R+K/E: 51,5%
F/T+K/E: 48,5%
F/T+I/E: 0%

#1 Sparky :
M/R+K/E : 72,2%
F/T+K/E : 0%
F/T+I/E : 27,8%

#2 Bulo : M/R+K/E: 74,4%
F/T+K/E: 14,1%
F/T+I/E: 11,5%

#3 Torque : M/R+K/E: 65,6%
F/T+K/E: 10,4% <depends on how quickly your dps focus the turrets on the consoles>
F/T+I/E: 25%

#4 Master/Blaster : M/R+K/E : 54,1%
F/T+K/E : 29.9%
F/T+I/E : 15,9%

Those Numbers are from Hardmodes.
Thanks for posting these man! Will really help with optimising for particular boss fights.

@KBN How do you go about calculating the ideal stat distribution after you have the damage types worked out for each of the bosses? Is it a complicated calculation?
Kaus Immortal Juggernaut Kreusia Fury Marauder Pars Concealment Operative
<Renascent>

XisscVekno
01.21.2015 , 04:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hanak View Post

I was playing around with your spread sheet adjusting the stats to my gear when I noticed it was telling me to use 15 Augments. This obviously is an error. So I looked back at your original sheet and saw that on yours it's telling you to use 14 like it's suppose to. So I started playing around with the numbers again on my copy (just the numbers in the light yellow area no equations or any thing like that) and for some reason it's calculating the stim as an extra gear slot for an augment which is why it's telling me 15 augments instead of 14.

Any idea why this is changing like this?
Not all things in life are free,
and freedom has the highest cost of them all.
Remember those who gave, so you could enjoy what others do not.

KeyboardNinja
01.21.2015 , 04:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Horano_Heresy View Post
@KBN How do you go about calculating the ideal stat distribution after you have the damage types worked out for each of the bosses? Is it a complicated calculation?
Quite. I basically use this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../mitigation.nb Generating the tables usually takes about 20-30 minutes on my laptop. The graphs require a few hours.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017