Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Happened?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel
01.28.2015 , 07:03 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Chazcon View Post
Seriously? You guys amaze me. I try, I really try to be a good fan of Bioware but this is a bush league mistake. I'd fire the whole team if I was your manager for such a data loss with no backup. Fire. The. Whole. Team.
Deleting something by mistake, well, it's a mistake, s*** happens. But, as it appears to be the case, choosing not making a proper backup for who knows how long is simply negligence. That's what's really bad.

Jaden_Antilles
01.30.2015 , 11:33 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Deleting something by mistake, well, it's a mistake, s*** happens. But, as it appears to be the case, choosing not making a proper backup for who knows how long is simply negligence. That's what's really bad.
I agree, it's totally asinine that the forum/threads haven't been restored yet. vBulletin has an archive system on by default that copies all forums/threads to a more search engine friendly format. It is fairly simple to turn that into the "normal" forums if need be. Unless of course the idiots running this forum turned it off.
My referral link if you'd like to help me reach 5 referrals that'd be great

Simmerr
02.06.2015 , 03:15 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Our web team was working on some forum optimization, including removing some of our old unused forums (we have a lot of hidden unused stuff behind the scenes). Unfortunately, this forum was affected when it shouldn't have been. We are unsure if we will be able to restore the posts but we are actively working on it. It may take a few days but I will pass on any updates as I have them.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

-eric
Any updates?
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS

g_land
02.12.2015 , 10:50 AM | #34
Wow! It's been almost a month... what utter fail!

Chazcon
02.12.2015 , 01:24 PM | #35
Dudes, they borked the data, it's gone. Time to move forward.
FOR THE VITAE!
Thod says, "they really don't know what they're doing"