Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Bodyguard Healing Guide - 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
PvE Bodyguard Healing Guide - 2.0

Warrioroffhell
05.30.2013 , 01:46 PM | #21
very nice written guide , keep on the good work

Slouchggold
06.05.2013 , 01:51 PM | #22
I'm in the process of gearing up my 55 healer (also for 16m HM's) and I realize there might not be one answer... but a bunch of the healers in my guild (sorcs) say I should be shooting for 30% crit and 70% surge. Currently, I'm at 30% crit (tech), and 71% surge (tech), with only ~650 extra healing, and my alacrity is around 4%.
I was just wondering if there was any further information people have discerned regarding merc healers about where the stats should look like?

For instance, should I only go up to 25% crit (tech) and bump up surge to 75% (tech) and add a bunch of power/alac?
Catalyst @ Prophecy of the Five
Calsnipes-MM PvE/ Leth PvP sniper
Calheals-Bodyguard Mercenary
Caldoom-Deception Assassin

twiggie
06.05.2013 , 06:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slouchggold View Post
should I only go up to 25% crit (tech) and bump up surge to 75% (tech) and add a bunch of power/alac?
This is exactly what I would recommend. We get 6% Crit just through talents, which is a huge amount of free Crit. This opens you up to more Power/Alacrity on your gear. Crits are appealing, but I think we get more mileage out of the consistent healing Power benefits instead of the RNG that comes from Crit.

Let me know how it goes!

Slouchggold
06.05.2013 , 08:17 PM | #24
Will do! Like I said, still gearing, but now I can drop crit and gain some power (thank goodness)

Lung_Tien_Lien
06.06.2013 , 01:49 AM | #25
Great guide, thank you for taking the time to write it! My Merc is my first proper healer so this definitely helped me. For some reason it didn't occur to me before that the AOE is something to be used regularly as opposed to just in tight situations. (Without checking, I assumed it would produce more heat since it's an AOE and all...) Suddenly I don't overheat all the time anymore...

Slouchggold
06.06.2013 , 06:56 AM | #26
Yea, being able to get a 4k crit from an AoE is kind of nice, especially since it doesn't cost very much

Phrase
06.06.2013 , 01:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lung_Tien_Lien View Post
Great guide, thank you for taking the time to write it! My Merc is my first proper healer so this definitely helped me. For some reason it didn't occur to me before that the AOE is something to be used regularly as opposed to just in tight situations. (Without checking, I assumed it would produce more heat since it's an AOE and all...) Suddenly I don't overheat all the time anymore...
KM is nice to lead with due to the HoT and Residue buff as well. Stacking the Residue on top of a Sorc puddle can be a nice pre-heal strat at the start of fights.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

twiggie
06.06.2013 , 07:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lung_Tien_Lien View Post
I'm glad to be of assistance!

Phrase
06.10.2013 , 11:47 AM | #29
Back to the top.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

Migisi
06.11.2013 , 09:53 AM | #30
Thanks for the guide I have found it extremely helpful and from struggling to 'get a handle' on the healing Im finally starting to see how it works. For people just getting to 55 I would say this is the most gear dependent healer but it really starts to come into its own once you get some of the Black Market pieces (I also have sorcerer and operative healers). Thanks to this guide and a few pieces of gear I can see this rapidly becoming my favored healing class.