Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Bodyguard Healing Guide - 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
PvE Bodyguard Healing Guide - 2.0

twiggie
05.21.2013 , 06:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayto View Post
What about set bonus? The 2 and 2 or the 4 piece?
Thank you for reminding me. I will update the guide to include this.

I would recommend the 4 piece PvE bonus. Two pieces will increase your Supercharged Gas to 13 seconds, which means two additional Healing Scans or one additional Kolto Missile while under its effect. With four pieces, you reduce the cooldowns of Healing Scan and Emergency Scan.

Phrase
05.24.2013 , 12:19 PM | #12
Bump!

"Sticky you must."

"Declaration: Meatbags need good heal support. Conclusion: Sticky thread."

Sixgun
Satele Shan

twiggie
05.24.2013 , 02:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Bump!

"Sticky you must."

"Declaration: Meatbags need good heal support. Conclusion: Sticky thread."
"Raaaaaauuuuuughr! Urgh urgh waaaaaaaaagh!" (You the man, man!)

HaireDan
05.25.2013 , 03:09 PM | #14
Thanks for the great resource. I've found very little that is as comprehensive post 2.0 as this. It's sticky worthy indeed.

One question though: what end game sets should I look for? I'm lost In a sea of gear. Which sets offer the healing set bonus? I get using the custom gear and playing the mod game, just curious on set bonuses.

Phrase
05.25.2013 , 03:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by HaireDan View Post
Thanks for the great resource. I've found very little that is as comprehensive post 2.0 as this. It's sticky worthy indeed.

One question though: what end game sets should I look for? I'm lost In a sea of gear. Which sets offer the healing set bonus? I get using the custom gear and playing the mod game, just curious on set bonuses.
Any of the Combat Medic sets. For ears and implants optimize for power/ surge and power/ alacrity.

Set bonuses are on Partisan/ Conqueror for pvp and Arkanian/ Underworld for PvE. I'm not sure but I think the new HM flashpoints drop Dreadguard which would be a good place to start.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

twiggie
05.26.2013 , 06:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HaireDan View Post

What Phrase said above is correct. I should point out that currently, the only way to get Arkanian and Underworld set pieces are through Operations. In the future, they may allow us to purchase them with commendations (like they did with Campaign armoring pre-2.0), but no guarantees.

I'm glad you enjoyed the guide!

TimAlien
05.26.2013 , 11:29 PM | #17
A small question about Crit and Surge. Am I right if I say that the "perfect" healer will have 30% crit and 70% surge?
Rei'ru

twiggie
05.27.2013 , 06:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TimAlien View Post
A small question about Crit and Surge. Am I right if I say that the "perfect" healer will have 30% crit and 70% surge?
You are able to reach those numbers without much trouble once you start gearing at the Black Market level, considering the majority of our gear comes pre-loaded with Crit modifications. It's personal preference, really -- some people like a larger Crit percentage. The drawback is that we are going to need a decent amount of it to hit that 30% mark, and that means sacrificing Power, which has been stated by many Mercenaries to increase their performance more than Crit. The Upgraded Arsenal talent will give you a flat 3% Crit while in Combat Support Cylinder if you spec into it fully.

I, myself, have 29% Crit and 73% Surge. Both sit higher than I would like, and I'm in the process of replacing them in lieu of Power and Alacrity. I run 16-player Hard Modes and would rather have the increased bonus healing/quicker activations/greater heat dissipation.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with playing around with different Crit levels and seeing what you like best.

haksilence
05.28.2013 , 07:15 AM | #19
Nice guide. I have my own on the commando forums that takes a little more dynamic approach and a couple different healing methods. Working on swapping the terminology to mercs but if you'd like to read ahead, maybe you can find a few things you'd like to add to your own guide.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635473
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

twiggie
05.28.2013 , 06:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
Nice guide. I have my own on the commando forums that takes a little more dynamic approach and a couple different healing methods. Working on swapping the terminology to mercs but if you'd like to read ahead, maybe you can find a few things you'd like to add to your own guide.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635473
You have written a very informative guide. Thank you for sharing!

I haven't gone too much into advanced techniques because of the sheer amount of different situations found in PvE content. Sometimes a strategy that works for one encounter will not work as well in the next. Group composition is another factor. My own style will be tweaked around depending on the make-up of my group.

I have outlined the basics in this guide and encourage players to grow into their own styles depending on their individual situations. I wouldn't want readers to suffer information overload, but to learn from practice and experience. This thread should be a place where we can come together to discuss specifics and share our suggestions. I'm trying to keep the guide itself as streamlined as possible.

I hope we can solve the drought of information regarding Mercenary/Commando healing.