Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH Healing for PVE

TroglodyteJB
01.03.2012 , 03:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Chorusgirl View Post
In all honesty I've never been in a fight where I 'need' the damage reduction. I suppose you can go either way but with the IHV you can do more healing while intentionally spiking your heat up. I guess if you're just doing flashpoints you can go with the damage reduction but for operations at least up till Nightmare Mode you want the IHV since you don't really get hit by anything besides normal raid damage.
I guess it's largely a moot point; I consider both bottom-tier talents in comparison to some of the real requirements (Healing Scan improvements, Cleanse improvement, etc), it's just that both are better than the trashy Shield buffs.

Chorusgirl
01.03.2012 , 05:27 PM | #22
I need to test some stuff with Kolto shell. Has anyone checked to see if you 2 will stack? I know it says that you can only have one on a target but I raided briefly with another BH and we were able to put our shell on the same target.
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five
Progression Raiding Guild

kayd-
01.03.2012 , 06:05 PM | #23
Thank you!
SWG > WoW > SWTOR

Yahkx
01.03.2012 , 07:43 PM | #24
How do we request sticky?

Chorusgirl
01.03.2012 , 07:46 PM | #25
I'm assuming by posting to sticky?
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five

Ertei
01.03.2012 , 09:05 PM | #26
The stat priorities seem awful. Power scales abysmally for heals and the value of alacrity is depressed given our short casting times and 9% from talents. While power would be the best, all things being equal, since power actually translates into such a small increase in bonus healing as far as I can tell, mathematically, crit (and then surge) are the greatest boosts to healing throughput.

That's not to say that power is bad or should be avoided, but the coefficient for healing is so terrible, that it just doesn't measure up to crit (and eventually surge at a sufficient level of crit).

Chorusgirl
01.03.2012 , 11:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ertei View Post
The stat priorities seem awful. Power scales abysmally for heals and the value of alacrity is depressed given our short casting times and 9% from talents. While power would be the best, all things being equal, since power actually translates into such a small increase in bonus healing as far as I can tell, mathematically, crit (and then surge) are the greatest boosts to healing throughput.

That's not to say that power is bad or should be avoided, but the coefficient for healing is so terrible, that it just doesn't measure up to crit (and eventually surge at a sufficient level of crit).
I'd like to see your math on this since most our gear is Power/Alacrity. If you have the figures to support what you say I wanna see :-D
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five

Ertei
01.04.2012 , 01:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Chorusgirl View Post
I'd like to see your math on this since most our gear is Power/Alacrity. If you have the figures to support what you say I wanna see :-D
Actually, most of our gear is crit/surge. Take a look at the badge gear from corellia, other than the subpar chestpiece which is power/alacrity, the rest is crit/surge. A wonderful spread of the weights for stats was done here (not mine, but no reason to redo work that was already well done):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=70055

The relevant issue is that power is ~6 points to a single bonus healing, whereas crit is 23.75 points to a full percentage point. Even if you have 0 surge on your gear, a percentage of crit is a 0.65% increase in your healing throughput. Since power and crit come in roughly equal amounts on gear, you are trading 1 point of bonus healing for (0.65/4) or .16% healing. Given that, at 50, my rapid scan hits for roughly 2.3k and a less than 2 second casting time (before critical reaction) I'm getting roughly 2 hitpoints per second from the crit compared to 1 hp/sec from the same amount of power.

And surge scales even better at 5.8 points per percentage. Which in turn makes both it and crit even stronger.

Power is far better for dps since it scales far better for dps.

Again, it's not a bad stat, it's just worse for throughput than crit/surge. Don't avoid it, but pick crit/surge over that.

Edit: On a side note, I feel like there is some danger in overvaluing surge compared to crit (as the more you have of one, the better more of the other is) but we'll see. I kind of feel like surge might scale too well which really just makes healing this slot machine of crappy non-crits and then explosive crits for double or more of the non-crit value.

Chorusgirl
01.04.2012 , 11:56 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ertei View Post
Actually, most of our gear is crit/surge. Take a look at the badge gear from corellia, other than the subpar chestpiece which is power/alacrity, the rest is crit/surge.
If you look at our Tionese, Columi and Rakata vendor - 3/5 or our set pieces are Power/Alacrity. The helm and gloves have crit surge. Can't really say that leveling gear(planet comendation) is the same as the stuff you get in end game. If anything it seems we'll want a well rounded gear set (if bioware set up our gear correctly).

As for the stat weights - This guy took his percentages and divided it by the crit from his own gear, I do the same thing and get 19 crit = 1% and if I remove my glove 25 crit = 1%. There's more to the stat weights than what is listed in the post that you linked since his XX = 1% should hold true across the board if they were correct. It seems that there is more involved than just a straight-line calculation. I sit at 30% crit unbuffed and this doesn't include the 3% crit from combat cylinder (not sure if it's a tooltip bug) then you get 5% crit from the agent buff and I should be at 38% crit without really trying to gear for it (197 rating total).

Also the bonus we receive from each ability is a different percentage. I just compared my own heals before I got full columi gear and the crit bonus was as follows (after about 30 or so of each heal) RS - 40% more over normal heals, ES was 65%, HS was 75% and KM was 90%. I have 144 surge, from Columi Helm and Gloves.

If you would like to compare some figures I'd be more than happy to. If you want to list your total stats (aim, crit, surge, alacrity, power and percentages) and do like 50 heals and record each one (of say rapid scan) that would help us all figure it out. I'll be doing this at some point when I have a couple hours to dedicate to frapsing and typing it all in a spreedsheet. Till then or someone else has the correct code for calculating our healing via a viable forumla I'm going to assume that the gear that bioware supplies us through tier tokens is the best stats for us.

If anyone has some info about this, a link to someone listing the calculations or recommended weighted %s please let me know, I would love to take a look.

and lastly WTB combat log/damage meter plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five

TroglodyteJB
01.04.2012 , 01:25 PM | #30
My gut is that, given the +15% crit damage from Warden, we're intended to want crit and surge over power, but with wholly undocumented diminishing returns (and unsettlingly inconsistent crit multipliers across our heals, from the few datapoints I've seen), it's a pretty open question.

What's bizarre is that Alacrity is really much more necessary in PvP than PvE, and yet it's on gear with Power, which is a more reliable PvE stat. I'm very confused by our itemization, to be honest.