Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH Healing for PVE

Zaldos
01.03.2012 , 07:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rolotomasi View Post
i have problem to manage my quickslot. too many skills and i've already re-map q,e,f,z,x,c. so far i have not enable left quickslot yet.

any1 kind enough to link screenshot of their ui?

another question.. if i train bodyguard up to critical efficiency, would i be able to heal hardmode flashpoint?

thx in advance.
I don't heal but I did have issues with mapping. I currently use f,g,q,e,r,t,1,2,3,4,5,shift+(e,r,t,f,g) that takes care of a good load of spells and if there's no rush I would click certain buff spells on the right ui-panel of the screen.
Character: Zaldos
Specialization: Arsenal Mercenary
Server: Sword of Ajunta Pall

dethmunky
01.03.2012 , 08:37 AM | #12
I don't know how much experience you have with other classes, but I was wondering how Bounty Hunter healing performance compares to that of the Sith Inquisitor, or Imperial Agent. I pugged Athis and ran with a whole group of Bounty Hunters, and had to heal. Despite being specced Arsenal I think I still did a pretty good job of it, and was thinking of respeccing to Bodyguard. But I always kind of thought the Sith Inquisitor would be the de facto healing class because of the combat res they get, and I hear Agents have really good buffs.

TroglodyteJB
01.03.2012 , 08:54 AM | #13
To the OP:

I find Improved Heat Vents to be totally unnecessary; combined with Supercharged Gas, it's effectively a complete heat wipe without talenting into it. Most of the healers I've seen complaining about heat are remarkably inefficient and fail to make use of some of our basic tools-- Supercharged Gas -> Kolto Missile is an astonishingly efficient heal for 4-mans, both to prevent damage to the tank and to top off other players who have accidentally drawn aggro.

I'd swap to the damage reduction in CSC. It's much more valuable in typical PvE, helps a ton in instances when you have to spike heal and draw aggro, and it's invaluable in PvP. Ideally we shouldn't need it in PvE, but the reality is that threat is screwy and it's simply more valuable to bring survivability than a slightly-improved panic button that we shouldn't be using in anything but boss fights.

dotwari
01.03.2012 , 10:29 AM | #14
Great post! Thanks for the info.

TempestasSilva
01.03.2012 , 11:52 AM | #15
Was wondering when you'd remake something after the Forums Wipe. Thanks.

Chorusgirl
01.03.2012 , 01:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TempestasSilva View Post
Was wondering when you'd remake something after the Forums Wipe. Thanks.
Yea I had it saved but wanted to fix and add some things after I got up to 50 and started healing Operations.
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five
Progression Raiding Guild

Skeme
01.03.2012 , 01:59 PM | #17
Awesome post. Just what I was looking for all in one post. Was just trying to look up some info on the bh healer cause my buddy plays one, and here it all is. Even kinda makes me wanna respec to bodyguard...

Great job, thanks for putting the time and effort into this and look forward to seeing it stickied.

PlayTank
01.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #18
I have one question, what exactly is "pushback" and what does it do / affect I see a number of our talents reduce "pushback"
Ŗůļę №¹: Never pass up a Ēredit. Ŗůļę №²: Never forget rule №¹

Chorusgirl
01.03.2012 , 02:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TroglodyteJB View Post
To the OP:

I find Improved Heat Vents to be totally unnecessary; combined with Supercharged Gas, it's effectively a complete heat wipe without talenting into it. Most of the healers I've seen complaining about heat are remarkably inefficient and fail to make use of some of our basic tools-- Supercharged Gas -> Kolto Missile is an astonishingly efficient heal for 4-mans, both to prevent damage to the tank and to top off other players who have accidentally drawn aggro.

I'd swap to the damage reduction in CSC. It's much more valuable in typical PvE, helps a ton in instances when you have to spike heal and draw aggro, and it's invaluable in PvP. Ideally we shouldn't need it in PvE, but the reality is that threat is screwy and it's simply more valuable to bring survivability than a slightly-improved panic button that we shouldn't be using in anything but boss fights.
In all honesty I've never been in a fight where I 'need' the damage reduction. I suppose you can go either way but with the IHV you can do more healing while intentionally spiking your heat up. I guess if you're just doing flashpoints you can go with the damage reduction but for operations at least up till Nightmare Mode you want the IHV since you don't really get hit by anything besides normal raid damage.
<Cali Killed Nox>
Prophecy of Five
Progression Raiding Guild

Pdev
01.03.2012 , 02:22 PM | #20
Great Healing guide, the best I have seen yet. Thanks ! Sticky Please