Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

to heal or not to heal..

Introspective
12.13.2011 , 02:46 PM | #21
Commando healing is fine, it just takes a little bit of player attention. We're a little more complex than Sage healers, and I personally kinda like that.

If all this BS about Commandos being unable to heal well finds me in-game, I look forward to proving some people wrong.

BoyWonder
12.13.2011 , 02:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
I signed on for a huge *****in gun, not to probe people with medical droids :P
Yes and yes!!
Never Forget - HAN SHOT FIRST

Nethander
12.13.2011 , 02:58 PM | #23
Played CM to lvl 42 or 43 in Beta, and was able to solo heal all the FP's we entered. Didn't do a lot of pvp, but if you stay at ranged you'll be able to heal decently in warzones. Its important to stick to the tree until lvl 25-30. At low lvls stack power and crit (they will increase the amount hammershot heals for, and helps to conserve ammo).
Quote: Originally Posted by Puubaa View Post
Just stop f*'n with the good stuff that is already in the game. Is that too much to ask?

Karanis
12.13.2011 , 03:52 PM | #24
Go to twitch.tv and watch the billion streams they have recorded of L50 combat medics doing just fine in every situation, raiding/flashpoints/pvp etc. Good players will have no problem healing on a combat medic.

Rigsta
12.13.2011 , 06:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by entropyboy View Post
the green beam isnt suppose to be enough.
its about all your heals.

personally, i am planning on rolling dps Commando.
mostly cause i roll heals in all other MMOs, and getting tired of it.
Yeah the cannon's green beam is just your resource-free heal. It also serves as a gentle reminder to your team mates - "Yup, remember who's healing. Imagine what'd happen if I became upset and pressed the wrong button on this thing."

Or maybe that's just my imagination.

Boozsha
12.13.2011 , 07:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Koorah View Post
If I wanted to play a maths game I'd just fiddle with my calculator.

Commando healing will be great in the hands of a great player. Sage healing will be poor in the hands of a poor player.

Play a class, not a spreadsheet.
That last line says it all. It should be a bumper sticker or on a t-shirt.

Hoorah Koorah.

WidlYboy
12.13.2011 , 07:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Boozsha View Post
That last line says it all. It should be a bumper sticker or on a t-shirt.

Hoorah Koorah.
Good one!
< Trooper Commando >
STAR WARS The Old Republic -> Awaits me

Stilgarr
12.13.2011 , 09:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Pestwulf View Post
My only concern with the Commando is he is the only healer that doesn't appear to get an in-combat revive ability. This could be a large factor in Flashpoints where the loss of a team mate in a group of 4 has some serious implications, especially if that was the tank.
Same rule applies in this game as to all other MMO's

Tank dies - healers fault
Healer dies - Tanks fault
DPS dies - their own damn fault most of the time.

Rolled a healing Trooper in the beta thinking it would be only for testing and I would be going JK for my main char on release, just because i wanted to avoid story spoilers.

Healing Trooper will be my main come Early access as it's a riot. Even better with the Tank companion

hadoken
12.14.2011 , 08:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Stilgarr View Post
Healing Trooper will be my main come Early access as it's a riot. Even better with the Tank companion
It helps that Fourex is absolutely hilarious.