onyxia deep breaths more

Veeius

I'm now working on my 3rd batch of 5 armors to RE at 20%, I've noticed a serious decrease in re successes. I know people are going to say "oh, it's fine." it's not fine, I really think something is wrong.

I'm now working on my 3rd batch of 5 armors to RE at 20%, I've noticed a serious decrease in re successes. I know people are going to say "oh, it's fine." it's not fine, I really think something is wrong.

Just went through another 5, which makes 15 Reverse engineers on a 20% RE.

And? This will happen 3.5% of the time if you do 15 RE's at 20%. That's just probability. Doesn't mean it's broken. Do a couple hundred RE's over your characters' leveling and you'll see that 20% of your RE's will work just as intended.

15 - 20 is about the make you should have to do to get your first blue schematic from a green. If you are going for purple, I'm not sure if the 20% rate is correct or not, I haven't done enough of them.

I am nearly certain 20% is not the actual number for crafting the second and third blues from a given schematic (Artificer is my experience, not Armortech, there could be differences).

15 - 20 is about the make you should have to do to get your first blue schematic from a green. If you are going for purple, I'm not sure if the 20% rate is correct or not, I haven't done enough of them.

I am nearly certain 20% is not the actual number for crafting the second and third blues from a given schematic (Artificer is my experience, not Armortech, there could be differences).

I'm RE'ing a green armor insert. It is a 20% chance of success. I've RE'd 20, that's statisically unlikely. If that's all it was, I'd chalk it up to bad luck, but I've ROUTINELY had to RE 15 to 20 on Greens, not blues. I'm telling you, something is wrong.

If you are going for purple, I'm not sure if the 20% rate is correct or not, I haven't done enough of them.

It isn't, but then again, the tooltip says 10% (assuming we're still talking tier 2 prefix armor, and not armorings)

Ok, so 23 RE's of Skill Armoring 20 (green) to get skill armoring 20 (blue). Which, unless my math is off (which may well be the case) The chance of that is around 1/2 of 1 percent.

That's SERIOUSLY getting to the "no, I really don't think so" area.

Again, I'm not Armortech, but I think some skills are 10% even though the tool tip says 20%. So 25 attempts at 10% would be:

1 - (9^25/10-^25) = 92.8% or about 93% of the time you should get a new schematic.

I would expect something more along the lines of 10-15 being more reasonable as at a 10% chance of success, you have a 65-80% chance of getting one.

You should try switching up to a different schematic to see if you get it quicker than the other schematic you are trying for. I wonder if certain schematics are truly harder to learn than others.

Again, I'm not Armortech, but I think some skills are 10% even though the tool tip says 20%. So 25 attempts at 10% would be:

1 - (9^25/10-^25) = 92.8% or about 93% of the time you should get a new schematic.

I would expect something more along the lines of 10-15 being more reasonable as at a 10% chance of success, you have a 65-80% chance of getting one.

You should try switching up to a different schematic to see if you get it quicker than the other schematic you are trying for. I wonder if certain schematics are truly harder to learn than others.

I really don't understand your maths there. It looks terrible.

Are you trying to say that after 25 Green RE's your chance to get a Blue is 93%? because there are no diminishing returns on RE.

It's 20%. when you start your next one, the chance doesn't increase because you just failed. The next one is also 20%. It is just straight RNG.

I

Here is a trick to help maybe be just luck but go onto your ship.

Because their is speculation the 20% is indefinent and when you are on a highly populated location such as the fleet the 20% gets divided between everyone else that can RE so i am not sure if this is true just some talk we speculate all i know is i failed at RE 10 times in a row went on my ship made one RE the first one and got the new recipe.

It is working fine, though I think BW should up the rate a bit more. 20% is still way too low.

My first augment (aim one with armormech) I tried to RE:

took way over 20 attempts (at 20%) on the green ones to get the blue schem (and yes I grew desperate, thinking REing augments may be bugged)

Then first blue aug REed (at 10% chance) got me the purple. 8-) Man, was I happy.

(And then it took a felt forever to farm the mats for the purple aug on my slicer... but now I got that too done and may even think about selling some on the GTN)

Here is a trick to help maybe be just luck but go onto your ship.

Because their is speculation the 20% is indefinent and when you are on a highly populated location such as the fleet the 20% gets divided between everyone else that can RE so i am not sure if this is true just some talk we speculate all i know is i failed at RE 10 times in a row went on my ship made one RE the first one and got the new recipe.

It also helps if you first make Santa totally drunk and stroke the easter bunny heavily while REing stuff... 100% no fail rate EVERY TIME if you do it this way!

(as in my last post mentioned the 20+ green augs that I failed to RE, I was on my ship)

Mostly I have been REing on my Synthweaver, where the math is a little different since the schematic can RE into one of several higher level schematics.

But on my Cybertech, which uses the linear "RE to get the one and only next level schematic" approach, where my companions have max affection and no relevant bonuses, plus no legacy equipment that will modify the probability, I hit a 10-15% chance of REing a schematic that is of yellow or orange difficulty, about 15-20% on green difficulty schematics, and 20-25% on grey difficulty schematics.

That is over the course of about 1,000 RE sessions, so while the numbers will shift slightly as I hit good or bad streaks, they do not move by more than 1-2%.