Skipping bosses in FP's.

A couple things. first of all one of my fellow guild members got kicked in hammer station for needing an item that he needed. It was medium or heavy gear for a warrior and the people were ***** towards him saying oh thats not the gear you use but it is the gear he needs.

I hate when everyone always wants to run and not take the advantage of the extra xp and things we could get from the bonus boss. I also hate when its my first time doing a flashpoint and everyone wants to skip the cutscenes which I want to watch because ive never done the fp before. and then of course I get kicked from groups just because I haven't done an operation and dont know the boss fights. How am I supposed to know the boss fight if I don't do the operation.

Ive been kicked for being unfamilier with a operation,

wich server is this? and what fractions? ( heard republic does it often on tofn )

But ye im a skipper too, but i always wait at certain points till everybody made the skipping part and if needed i jump in to tank mobs if pulled by accedent.

especially now with alot of new 50s under geared etc , only moment i kick ppl from the group is a very long afk, or when they play like complete idiots, if ppl are willing to listen and learn i dont mind being inside a couple more minutes no reason to kick a new person to the fp if they dont know it yet

wich server is this? and what fractions? ( heard republic does it often on tofn )

But ye im a skipper too, but i always wait at certain points till everybody made the skipping part and if needed i jump in to tank mobs if pulled by accedent.

especially now with alot of new 50s under geared etc , only moment i kick ppl from the group is a very long afk, or when they play like complete idiots, if ppl are willing to listen and learn i dont mind being inside a couple more minutes no reason to kick a new person to the fp if they dont know it yet

Its the jung Ma server in the empire

A couple things. first of all one of my fellow guild members got kicked in hammer station for needing an item that he needed. It was medium or heavy gear for a warrior and the people were ***** towards him saying oh thats not the gear you use but it is the gear he needs.

I hate when everyone always wants to run and not take the advantage of the extra xp and things we could get from the bonus boss. I also hate when its my first time doing a flashpoint and everyone wants to skip the cutscenes which I want to watch because ive never done the fp before. and then of course I get kicked from groups just because I haven't done an operation and dont know the boss fights. How am I supposed to know the boss fight if I don't do the operation.

You have mixed several issues here.

Most people agree that needing on an item not for you class (wrong main stat) without others saying it ok is a big no-no. if the person will not give to the person who really deserves a need I will happily agree to a vote-kick. It is not something i like to do, but it is the only way to punish someone who abuses.

I have no issues with doing all bosses and watching cutscenes in SM flashpoints. You get gear you may need and you still get XP you.need from the extra bosses, so it makes sense. I take the term "Storymode" seriously. If someone wants to experience the full story and watch the cutscenes, go ahead. As has been pointed out HM Flashpoints is very different. The bonus bosses drop Tionese, useless and everyone is level 50, so no XP. Why spend time doing it if there is no reward at all? Maybe BW should have them drop a nice wad of cash, that might get people more excited.

I was in a HM FP recently while we skipped a boss. A new player asked why not do it? I responded by asking if they still needed some Tionese crystals. They laughed and said skipping is fine. I

I imagine most of the boss skipping will end in a few weeks with 2.0. Once all the boss fights reward comms there will be a reason to slaughter them again.

I think there will be more boss skipping. With a weekly cap of 50, many people are going to max out their comms before the week is out anyway, so why fight a boss that won't give any useful drops?

Also, since the new level 55 fp's will have a 50% chance to drop a crafting mat from the final boss, and since the final boss is one of the two bosses that will drop gear, I think after about two weeks you'll see people once again making speed runs skipping as much as they can.