Official F2P Announcement

Quinnt

This is obviously why they've been so quiet lately.. I doubt this will end well.

This will end perfectly!! People will get exactly what they ask for... The F2P players will be the one that sit in the queue lines.. No access to Operations, extremely limited access to the GTN.. All this works for me!!

It is nice to see that the old saying is still true.. 'You get what you pay for..' Well you pay for nothing here and you are pretty much getting nothing.. I like it!! :D

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is intersesting isn't it.

More people coming in, more content in shorter intervalls. Peole who feel they can't aford a sub will play again.

Looks good!

Where did you hear anything about more content?

The new content is going to be accessable to the F2P players so they spend more money. The sub players are going to get screwed even more by getting less and less content that isnt aavailable to the F2P players.

In other words the way Bioware is going to make money out of this is by using cash shops or whatever you call them. Then all the money they put into the game will go into improving those features.

Bioware got your 60 bucks and your 15 bucks for 7-9 months so now they need to work on getting money from others. Hey if you dont like it then you can use the F2P model right and end up spending even more money.

It's bad if all you consider is the fact that SWTOR is losing subscribers and had to resort to this option. However, as long as they stay with the "unlimited" game access for $14.95/mo, all they are doing is adding other options for players. The economy's tough - people like having more than one option to pay for a game.

As it stands now, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Are they actually providing that option because I would just assume pay the $15 a month for unlimited acess assuming there's a point to keeping the Sub when F2P goes into effect.:D

EA & BW gods, PLEASE DON"T MAKE A REAL MONEY GTN. IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING. :(

Are they actually providing that option because I would just assume pay the $15 a month for unlimited acess assuming there's a point to keeping the Sub when F2P goes into effect.:D

EA & BW gods, PLEASE DON"T MAKE A REAL MONEY GTN. IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING. :(

LOL that RMAH was a grade A train wreck in D3. Prob still is.

Wrong

1.3 million

Why are people raging so bad?

There is a sub model and a F2P model, subscribers recieve preferential treatement and don't have to pay an extra penny

quit yer freakin whinin'

There's no way they'd have gone F2P with 1.3 million paying subs. :csw_yoda:

Subscription – A service designed for players who want unrestricted access to all the game features via ongoing subscription or by redeeming a Game Time Card. In addition to gaining access to all game content as our current subscribers do now, subscribers will receive ongoing monthly grants of Cartel Coins, the new virtual currency that will be introduced later this fall. Cartel Coins can be used to purchase valuable in-game items including customizable gear and convenience features that will enhance the game play experience.

I am unsubscribing as soon as I log in tonight. Thanks BW for breaking my addiction! Any purchasable in game currency will be used and abused to generate more income. Pretty soon even subscription accounts will require this currency.

Best of luck to everyone who sticks with it.

Wrong

1.3 million

Why are people raging so bad?

There is a sub model and a F2P model, subscribers recieve preferential treatement and don't have to pay an extra penny

quit yer freakin whinin'

Blinders... still? :rolleyes:

I always said I'd unsubscribe if the game went F2P.

Much as I do still enjoy playing, I am a man of my word. No point buying the cow if you can get the milk for free (actually a more suitable metaphor than usual. Huh).

Might still play on occasion with the girlfriend, but I'll just have to keep waiting for something else as my regular MMO.

Wrong

1.3 million

We'll see what it actually is in about 90 minutes.

I'm guessing the other person you replied to is right though. F2P = we aren't making enough money as a sub.

5+ years of spending and development, slowly going down the toilet within 8 months. Sad, just...sad.