Official F2P Announcement

Quinnt

I really wish they would give paying customers their own server so we dont have to deal with the dregs f2p games draw in, this games general chat is already one of the worse ive ever seen, i cant immagine what it will be like with f2p people all over it.

Obiously you've never experienced Barrens chat!

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how they are putting a positive spin on this while shoehorning in all the awards they won back in 2011. :rolleyes:

It's also disgusting that they are trying to get as many people to pay for a subscription now before it goes F2P by giving out awards and items if you sign up now.

And I thought SOE was bad...

It sounds to me like they are taking the same model as LOTRO. Items in the store will not be P2W, and if you pay a sub you will still get everything as you normally would, and earn store currency to spend simply by paying a sub.

Unless this changes, I will keep paying my Sub.

People complaining about something being free baffles me.

Anyway it worked out ok for Turbine and Lotro.

It worked out ok for turbine because lotor was a pile of crap with great hopes and horrible implementation run by inept devs, it will probably work out "ok" for swtor too, but just like lotro it will never be what it could have been, what is was supposed to be.

Edited by Mallorik

Well I stayed in this game since today, but now I have to say... EPIC FAIL. I have to admit this game is an epic fail, F2P after loosing thousands of subscriptions well I´m already unssubed. Like it was said in another site "Flee now before we are cast into the raging hellfire of free to play...".

I really wish they would give paying customers their own server so we dont have to deal with the dregs f2p games draw in, this games general chat is already one of the worse ive ever seen, i cant immagine what it will be like with f2p people all over it.

Seconded. Make them play on their own server cluster

I think the last major subscription MMO that went f2p was LOTRO, and they went F2P in about the same amount of time, IIRC.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with The Secret World - seems like they have the best bet at staying with a pure subscription-based model.

LOTRO had been Live for at least 3 years with 1 major expansion before it went F2P.

Well we all knew this day would come, but I am not looking forward to these 'Cartel' coins. So it may be that I simply stop my subscription and play the F2P option as so far it wouldn't seem that you get much for being a paying subscriber.

The subs numbers must be HORRIBLE....

Wrong

1.3 million

Why are people raging so bad?

There is a sub model and a F2P model, subscribers recieve preferential treatement and don't have to pay an extra penny

quit yer freakin whinin'

This is actually one of the better F2P schemes I've seen.

It looks like the non-payers will get to do pretty much everything but operations, but the number of times they can do it is limited, which is nice. That way, my friends who left back at launch might be more willing to come back, try out the content, and maybe resume a sub if they like it.