Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 04:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by sdom View Post
What was 5.0 bad for? VG and PT DPS only.
Sages and Sentinels did not need nerfed.
I agree with most of your points here, except for jugg dps, they definitely struggled in ranked except for the very best ones.

But again, maras didn't get nerfed. Other classes just got buffed. Why do maras have to always be on top? Seems like a silly argument.

As for sorc healers, they made up about 90+% of healers in ranked. It will be nice to see some variety. I've already seen a lot more merc healers in pvp, and a lot of them seem to be doing better than in 5.x.

sdom
11.14.2019 , 04:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Spasi View Post
I think fury is fine.What needs to be done is heavily buff carnage so that it becomes an actual burst spec not a 50k crit with 10 s. set up that bu the time you repeat the enemy already has you slowed, stunned, netted, castrated and so on.Carnage should have been the pvp spec to begin with. It should be carnage doing those infamous 80k crits ppl are crying about not sins. I already said that i think damage is too low this patch in another forum post especially for marauders. Its just fury is the one that doesn't suck all too much.Annihilation is worthless in pvp and carnage is a joke. If you think about it this is the fourth nerf that Carnage has received in a roll.
While i dont agree with crying that maras suck now, cause it doesn't due to fury being decent, i think the class does too little damage overall and needs buffs for pvp especially carnage and annihilation.
You're perfectly right in what you're saying.
But 1/3 isn't good enough.
Every other class has got a boost and maras have been thoroughly neglected.

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 04:49 PM | #13
Thoroughly neglected after being fotm for more than a year...............?

sdom
11.14.2019 , 04:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I agree with most of your points here, except for jugg dps, they definitely struggled in ranked except for the very best ones.

But again, maras didn't get nerfed. Other classes just got buffed. Why do maras have to always be on top? Seems like a silly argument.

As for sorc healers, they made up about 90+% of healers in ranked. It will be nice to see some variety. I've already seen a lot more merc healers in pvp, and a lot of them seem to be doing better than in 5.x.
Speaking as someone who ranked mine, it was a bit of a race to get good numbers before you were inevitably focused down as a sandbag, but that works. That's a guardian fulfilling its purpose and with cleave, it was a very good class played tactically.

Its definitely classed as a nerf if its a raw dps and its dps is now lower in comparison.
Merc healing doesn't take as much skill as a sage and its sad to see skilled sages parsing so low.

sdom
11.14.2019 , 04:52 PM | #15
Thoroughly neglected after being fotm for more than a year...............?
So. not to put words in your mouth but if I understand what you just said.
You're admitting its not now, while saying im wrong and silly all at the same time.

Maras can only be dps.
They can be focused down so easily if the player doesn't know what they're doing.
At the very least the burst spec should have remained, a burst spec.

Spasi
11.14.2019 , 04:55 PM | #16
I agree but think about pve.Anni and fury perform quite well there and the only one being **** is carnage.The most realistic thing they can do is buff carnage so that they dont screw up pve. Like it or not this game is primarily a pve based game meaning balance will lean towards so you cannot expect them to buff fury.
On the other note PvP is a joke. Ppl barely die i have had lost games where i didn't die a single time and its not rare.I have also run up to an enemy controlled point, take the heal, run away without camo and survive(Odessen proving grounds) while under attack drom at least 3 ppl.I rarely even break CCs cause more often than not they cant kill me in time even though i have nothing on.Game is overly protective of mistakes.All those escapes makes it impossible to kill enemies in regs.Ranked i cannot speak on yet due to me not playing it as of yet.

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 04:56 PM | #17
So. not to put words in your mouth but if I understand what you just said.
You're admitting its not now, while saying im wrong and silly all at the same time.

Maras can only be dps.
They can be focused down so easily if the player doesn't know what they're doing.
At the very least the burst spec should have remained, a burst spec.
What I'm saying is, fury maras were one of the top specs in ranked for a long time. Now, it seems like they're no longer one of the top specs in ranked. But they're still decent. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that to me.

Yet, you seem to be saying that mara needs to be one of the top classes in ranked for all time. And that's the part that seems silly to me.

You might be right about carnage though, I have very little knowledge of that spec.

Spasi
11.14.2019 , 05:09 PM | #18
What I'm saying is, fury maras were one of the top specs in ranked for a long time. Now, it seems like they're no longer one of the top specs in ranked. But they're still decent. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that to me.

Yet, you seem to be saying that mara needs to be one of the top classes in ranked for all time. And that's the part that seems silly to me.

You might be right about carnage though, I have very little knowledge of that spec.
Maras were never truly the best pvp class in the game that was merc i think that you dont understand the fact that IF mara doesnt do damage mara is useless and there are many ways in the game right now to make mara stop from doing damage.We need to get in what we can get in and make it count and thats not possible when your entire burst, even if the enemy has no cds on no healing or anything ,wont even take them much under half.True you can continue afterwards but at the end of the day what you did was just dps that will likely get healed right away meaning you did basically nothing.Melee dps NEEDS to do more damage on average then a ranged dps due to the fact that you need to stick to the enemy and so you get more downtime.That combined with the ungodly amount of CC in the game makes maras not too great right now and not too great means basically useless for us.There is no other way.What i am trying to say is that marauders are either really good or a nuisance.

DavidAtkinson
11.14.2019 , 05:09 PM | #19
Yes, marauders aren't what they were in 5.0 .... Feels totally 4.0 all over again.

But they aren't that bad either.... I stopped playing fury because while the damage is still good, I didn't feel the spec is that strong in ranked anymore. Other maras disagree with me, but I tested all 3 specs in ranked and It didn't seem to matter much if I was any of the 3 specs. Yeah, carnage is a dog... and needs to be bufed.

I am playing annihialtion in SR now and I am very happy with the spec so far.

This meta will be about chain stuns and dying during hard stuns. There so much stealth in que that it's sometimes silly, but hey... what can we do ? Looking forward for the challenge.

Also.. the marauder tacticals are trash for SR except the one that resets my vanish cooldown during predaton. Did any of you find any other tactical that is actually worth it ?
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

Spasi
11.14.2019 , 05:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Yes, marauders aren't what they were in 5.0 .... Feels totally 4.0 all over again.

But they aren't that bad either.... I stopped playing fury because while the damage is still good, I didn't feel the spec is that strong in ranked anymore. Other maras disagree with me, but I tested all 3 specs in ranked and It didn't seem to matter much if I was any of the 3 specs. Yeah, carnage is a dog... and needs to be bufed.

I am playing annihialtion in SR now and I am very happy with the spec so far.

This meta will be about chain stuns and dying during hard stuns. There so much stealth in que that it's sometimes silly, but hey... what can we do ? Looking forward for the challenge.

Also.. the marauder tacticals are trash for ranked except the one that resets my vanish cooldown during predaton. Did any of you find any other tactical that is actually worth it ?
You made annihilation work in pvp??? Are you a wizard!?!?As for tactical items, more damage bruv , more damage.Everything else is pointless.Aside from Life warden that is but 10 min cd.