Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers are beyond broken but it's Sins who should be the ones to nerf ? Really ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Snipers are beyond broken but it's Sins who should be the ones to nerf ? Really ?

Csjbo
11.13.2019 , 10:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Ouch. But if I remember correctly, I think my response to "top 3" was that Sniper was strong but will never be FOTM because it's one of those classes that can have the best kit in the world, but it requires too high of a skill floor for the average player to just pick it up and roll it as FOTM, unlike some other classes like Sin atm.

So in that sense, whoever said the 4 of us agreed on sniper being FOTM misquoted me slightly or at least took it out of context.
I was the one who mentioned the podcast, however, I did not claim that you guys said Sniper was FOTM, rather that you guys agreed it was one of the top 3 performing specs. FOTM =/= Top 3.

Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Hahahaha. Stain calling players mediocre. Lol
Jedimasteralex is not Stain.
Shashara | Espallalda | Alvilan | Zas'arod
Jaltina | Scathach | Gamora | Ridiane

Kinsal
11.13.2019 , 10:16 AM | #22
Ouch. But if I remember correctly, I think my response to "top 3" was that Sniper was strong but will never be FOTM because it's one of those classes that can have the best kit in the world, but it requires too high of a skill floor for the average player to just pick it up and roll it as FOTM, unlike some other classes like Sin atm.

So in that sense, whoever said the 4 of us agreed on sniper being FOTM misquoted me slightly or at least took it out of context.
This absolutely the case with sniper only a handful can truley play the class at the level needed to be god tier

septru
11.13.2019 , 10:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
There are others on here that know who I am. I don't really care, but I prefer not to advertise it simply because it's an unnecessary distraction from most forum discussions.
Probably true... regardless, beyond the point. Snipers might need nerfs, but sniper's strengths don't justify sin's OPness.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

Lhancelot
11.13.2019 , 11:58 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
OPness.
This is the important part. ^
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

limenutpen
11.13.2019 , 01:40 PM | #25
Let me tell you how much Sins are broken. I level a Sin in Feb 2012, as tank, and always played as tank, very casually.
This character of mine was more made for crafting Biochem and some casual play. Anyways as at today has valor 90, most made from playing to gear up in the old days.
Anyways fast forward to update 6.0. I am fed up in tanking and decided to try the burst Deception spec and level him to 75. Today I just copied Krea's talent tree he made in his new video, and used it to buy first set peace (so I only watch a minute of the video) and want into doing my first few WZs. I used to think my Combat Sentinal was bursty this thing drops people as if they are level 60, and you are 75 in WZ when you start the rotation from stealth. Anyways I am sure I am not doing the correct rotation. Its bursty as an exploding super nova. Now I have not leveled my Combat Sentinel, but my Eng Sniper does not burst people in 5-10 secs the most. I think in one WZ I did 5.5k dps the most, but I like objectives and did not have any regz arenas.

Lhancelot
11.13.2019 , 01:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
Anyways fast forward to update 6.0. I am fed up in tanking and decided to try the burst Deception spec and level him to 75. Today I just copied Krea's talent tree he made in his new video, and used it to buy first set peace today (so I only watch a minute of the video) and want into doing my first WZs. I used to think my Combat Sentinal was bursty this thing drops people as if they are level 60, and you are 75 in WZ when you start the rotation from stealth.
yeah that's what I figured, lol. I am going to make one just to monkey with in WZs. I am not a good melee DPS, so I am really curious to see what a ******* like me can do on such an easy burst class.
TRUE
FALSE
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Mycroft-Tarkin
11.13.2019 , 02:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinsal View Post
This absolutely the case with sniper only a handful can truley play the class at the level needed to be god tier
I agree, Sniper has a LOT of abilities and they require a lot of skill and knowing the class inside out (like Operatives) to truly feel threatening.

A bad Sniper/Operative is global fodder, while a good one can carry an entire game. No one can level a Sniper to 75 and just start facerolling/facetanking by smashing their keyboard, like was the case with 5.0 Mercs.

Lhancelot
11.13.2019 , 02:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mycroft-Tarkin View Post
No one can level a Sniper to 75 and just start facerolling/facetanking by smashing their keyboard, like was the case with 5.0 Mercs.
That's true. I can take long breaks and hop on my sorcs, mercs and it doesn't take long to adjust and relearn stuff... If I take a long break from sniper, I do poorly for a long period of time. In fact, last time I felt like playing the class, I just re-rolled new sniper toons to learn the abilities at a gradual pace and it served me better doing that.
TRUE
FALSE

Jinre_the_Jedi
11.13.2019 , 02:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Csjbo View Post
I was the one who mentioned the podcast, however, I did not claim that you guys said Sniper was FOTM, rather that you guys agreed it was one of the top 3 performing specs. FOTM =/= Top 3.
In that case yea, Sniper is definitely a top 3 spec performance-wise, I stand by that statement.

JediMasterAlex
11.13.2019 , 04:00 PM | #30
In that case yea, Sniper is definitely a top 3 spec performance-wise, I stand by that statement.
Sniper might be third. I could understand that. But op and sin are clearly one and two (in whatever order you want). To put sniper or lightning sorc ahead of either of them is laughable at this point. Not saying they necessarily need huge nerfs or anything, but they are the best performing classes right now without question.

It's natural for op and sin mains not to want to acknowledge though, which is why I mentioned that originally. Then again, I didn't actually watch the podcast, so I might be acting a bit unfair here.

Also, it seems to me that mercs and maras are still performing very well in their own right. It's not like they got nerfed in any way. With their new stealth out every 30 seconds, maras are that much harder to focus and kill early in rounds.