What is the point of everything...

iankalo

What is the point of these dayli missions ? You gain reputation from them , but whats the point of this reputation , when you dont get achievment for max rep ? Yeah , you can buy some rep items but there is nothing interesting. What is the point of doing anything in this game when you dont have armory ? Ok , I`ll do everything ingame and get 30+ achievment points. Who will know about this ? How can I share this with my friends without armory page? Even in the Star Wars lore , everything is spinning around the idea of being powerful and great. THe point of the sith lords existance is to get more power and become the most powerful being in the galaxy. So , we want to gain ingame power through doing all the achievments. But how can we compare to others , if there is no armory ? Edited by iankalo

...Armory? wat

If you're talking about a page where people can see your achievements, there is one. When you click on someones character portrait, it's an option in the drop down menu.

Edited by Radzkie

...Armory? wat

If you're talking about a page where people can see your achievements, there is one. When you click on someones character portrait, it's an option in the drop down menu.

Yeah , but thats ingame option. And its very rare to think about running after someone to check his achievments by right=clicing on him. If that guy run away , your achievment list will dissapear, so you must run after him again. But forget about it ;p

We talking about website armory , showing all the items (in pictures) and all achievments + character stats and statistics - warzones , kills , etc.

Edited by iankalo

So, the translation for anyone confused:

He wants an out-of-game webpage that displays some of the achievements/reputations, etc. of your character, similar to the "armory" pages of the MMO-that-shall-not-be-named so that it is easier to compare with friends, rivals, etc. without having to be right next to them in-game.

It'd be nice, but I wonder how technically difficult such a feature would be.

What is the point of these dayli missions ? You gain reputation from them , but whats the point of this reputation , when you dont get achievment for max rep ? Yeah , you can buy some rep items but there is nothing interesting. What is the point of doing anything in this game when you dont have armory ? Ok , I`ll do everything ingame and get 30+ achievment points. Who will know about this ? How can I share this with my friends without armory page? Even in the Star Wars lore , everything is spinning around the idea of being powerful and great. THe point of the sith lords existance is to get more power and become the most powerful being in the galaxy. So , we want to gain ingame power through doing all the achievments. But how can we compare to others , if there is no armory ?

Is your only point in playing a game to show people who aren't online playing what you're doing? Sure sounds like it. What happened to playing a game for....fun?

I remember when these features weren't available in WoW too. We compared by reading our achievement lists in game. I honestly don't know anyone who sits around while not playing, looking at other people's achievements in WoW. I'm sure we all want to think that other people care, but most do not.

Is your only point in playing a game to show people who aren't online playing what you're doing? Sure sounds like it. What happened to playing a game for....fun?

Yeah , but thats the fun of MMORPG games :) To have some goals and looking to achiev them. Well , so why BW created this achievment system ? We can have fun just from running around the FLeet.

Edited by iankalo

Something like this - (I dont want to compare SWTOR to this ******** childish game , but the Armory would be usable thing around here)

Of course you do, you're doing it with this thread.

Also, WoW isn't any more "childish" than SWTOR is.

I would actually like an armory features for other reasons, but giving me a point to playing is not one of them.

Well , so why BW created this achievment system ?

To copy WoW, basically. ;)

Edited by chuixupu

I suppose a SWTOR armory would be kinda nice. I personally think that Achievements and Rep grinding should be more thing you want to do and get personal achievement from, I have never understood the idea of doing something just to show achievements/items off.

Still, each to their own! :i_angel:

Even if this were in the game, why would I go and seek out your page? This is like Facebook, a bunch of people who really couldn't care less about each other but seeking false popularity in order to make themselves feel better.

If you want to be seen by everyone else as an uber l337 player. Create a character with a short/unique name. Find and stick with a recognizable armor set. And dominate in the WZs when ever you play. Then people will remember you.

He wants an out-of-game webpage that displays some of the achievements/reputations, etc. of your character, similar to the "armory" pages of the MMO-that-shall-not-be-named so that it is easier to compare with friends, rivals, etc. without having to be right next to them in-game.

Sure the Armory was interesting but what is really the need for it?

I just cant seem to find one thats important enough to go through the trouble of creating one.

That sounds utterly useless. Who cares what other people have done?

Ugh. Epeen tugging.

No thank you.