Do not roll a sith warrior/jedi knight

Jimmc

Unless you enjoy being focused by all ranged classes. The rage you will feel will make you want to rip out your spine

Anger(rage) leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side.

You should roll a sith warrior.

I seem to do fine, course I am immortal spec, so I am really hard to kill. Of course using my defensive and offensive skills, and staying with my team also helps immensely, of course I am going to be focused down if i charge ahead into the enemy group like I am some wow warrior with lolstorm.

and of course, i have said of course way to much, but that is because most of this is common sense, of course.

Edited by Aghar

What? SW/JK are probably the hardest classes in the game to kite, stop judging the class at pre-30 levels, as it is a late bloomer.

I agree with this, being a level 35 sentinel, it really takes getting a few of your staple moves to really keep up with ranged, but after that you are amazing.

Aw, I came to the thread hoping to see one of you force-users get so mad you "rip out your own spine." Inquiring minds and such.

Anyway, OP - of course you get focused on. If a guy with a baseball bat was charging you outside of your house would you shoot the little old lady across the street or try to drop the guy before he reformats your skull?

Edited by LoonyDoll

Unless you enjoy being focused by all ranged classes. The rage you will feel will make you want to rip out your spine

funny going toe to toe yesterday on several occasions wit ha marauder on my merc I got wasted multiple times because he kept charging me. Maybe you should try that :D

Sub 20 you are going to feel underpowered but with staple skills starting at 14+ and talents it gets better and better.

Tor has a intresting mix of classes and advanced ones. Some start strong but dont change much as they progress and others are late bloomers who start weak but get better as they get towards endgame.

All 3 Tanks, Sentinals/Maraduers and Smugglers fall under this and really have to trudge through the lower levels but at high rank they are true monsters.

All of you who are saying that the OP needs to get good have either not played the class or are just completely oblivious. Knights and Maras are definitely underpowered at the moment.

Those of you that are getting beat by them on other classes are either terribad or that knight or mara out levels you by 20 levels or so. The class shouldnt have to wait until it in the 30s to be on par with other classes that can faceroll at level 12. The damage a knight does is subpar for what a melee class should be doing.

I do think the tank spec of both classes are semi decent but they still need some improvement as well. They really need to boost the damage of knights/maras so they are on par with what a ranged heavy armor class like the Bh and Trooper can do. And one other fix i would suggest is to shorten the minimum range on force leap so there is less of a dead zone that people can stand in and root/ snare you in and you cant even get to them.

I will add that it seems most of the other classes are balanced. I dont think anyhing really needs a nerf (though they do need to add a cc immunity timer so you cannot be chain stunned to death), but it is pretty much a fact that knights and maras need a buff.

I agree with this, being a level 35 sentinel, it really takes getting a few of your staple moves to really keep up with ranged, but after that you are amazing.

i know what youre talking about i rolled a marauder and hes 42 now .. and it sucks in pvp

i unnderstand you bro

i reolled to Assnin and i pwn in pvp and backstap for 3500 dmg ..as lvl 12

I PvP a lot with my Sentinel buddy (I'm a Guardian) though specced for damage at the moment while leveling; I seem to get focused a lot more than he does. Mainly because Sents/Maras have escape mechanics that he exploits well, whereas I'm left in the middle of the fray, unable to escape and then everyone turns there attention to me.

It really seems Defense is the way to go, sure I put up damage but without a pocket healer I'm toast. I wish they would at least give us a specced escape ability or more defensive utility in Vig.

Then again I am only level 40. Perhaps Guardian leap will help me out at 50.

EDIT: To add to my original post, I see a lot of people calling Mara/Sents useless. Maybe they are slightly underpowered compared to Trooper/BH. But my friend seems to do exceedingly well and really has no complaints with the class.

That being said however, I personally find BH dmg and Imp Agent dmg absurd, but that could just be the level 50 spacebar smashers on my server facerolling us in epic pvp gear.

Edited by Hellghast

Odd..

I seem to not have any trouble contributing to a fight on my Immortal SW.

~30-100k Protection and ~100k damage every warzone. My damage may not be great, but my teammates' is.. and I keep them alive.

I think the OP just needs to either level to 50, then judge, or rethink how he is playing the SW/JK class..

Vereor, 50 Immortal on The Fatman

If it's really hectic there is often an enemy somewhere to the side which you can leap to escape the middle of the fracas. Ranged dps if not in cover are usually off somewhere in the distance and leaping to them is fun and stresses them out.

JK takes more thought and planning to PvP than a ranged dps. I find it more interesting and got kinda bored with Gunslinger just crouching and shooting, though I was able to get top dmg my first time as a lvl 12 in that class. Felt like pvp easymode.

If you are playing a "tank" build in pvp you are hands down the most valuable person in huttball. Guard is insane especially with one "tank" guarding the carrier and another "tank" guarding the first tank. Besides the melee classes in this game bloom very very late (exception maybe sins and shadows). Warriors and operatives don't even get good until 45-50. My advice would be to level to 50, then laugh at all the "Waarriors r OP" cries. :eek: