Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

As a non invested observer the biggest issue I see is still this,

Whether you changed your minds on the subject or not...you attempted to lay the ground rules and then, without coming back the the thread to get a community consensus, did the exact thing you requested others not do. Sure it wasn't a set rule, but it seemed to be agreed upon after your guild initially suggested it. Obviously you thought that the bosses were meant to be linear and only after you decided to go outside those bounds did you decide to change that opinion.

Brilliant strategy to get the progression points, just a jerk move.

Dom does not represent the entire guild, you really seem to be fixated on him and his proclamations though. I can set you two up if you like?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah and then they said dont count them for it if nobody wanted to, they wanted to see if the rest of the instance was overtuned as badly as DG (it isnt)

quit making mountains out of molehills

Judging by their posts since the kills it certainly seems that they meant that too.

im surprised nobody has went in and burned kelsara down for the last 1/3 of the achievement then tried to claim they killed it

I'm surprised you or D&T haven't yet, the primary two guilds that favor cutting corners in this thread.

Edit: or is that for next week?

Edited by odawgg

Dom does not represent the entire guild, you really seem to be fixated on him and his proclamations though. I can set you two up if you like?

That sounds nice.

Nobody else in you guild posted on the topic when the discussion if skipping should count. That would leave him as the lone respresentative on your stance, no? Just step back and at least admit it looks shady. I'm sure that it wasn't your intent, but it sure looks bad :D

That sounds nice.

Nobody else in you guild posted on the topic when the discussion if skipping should count. That would leave him as the lone respresentative on your stance, no? Just step back and at least admit it looks shady. I'm sure that it wasn't your intent, but it sure looks bad :D

Before this week dom was pretty much the only person in DNT who I know posted on these forums.

That doesn't make him our "representative."

Go back two pages if you want to use WoW as an example and read my post. The last tier (Throne of the Tides) was NOT linear and several guilds, including several of the top 20, swapped from NM/HM to farm gear for previous bosses.

The linear vs. non-linear argument is flawed. In fact, EVERY raid in this latest WoW expansion has been linear, and EVERY raid has guilds doing this. If you don't believe me go to wowprogress, proof is in the pudding.

Stop being so petty.

1. you mean throne of thunder.

2. if whole world believes in a lie, its still a lie.

nice try tho.

I'm surprised you or D&T haven't yet, the primary two guilds that favor cutting corners in this thread.

I don't favor that. I also don't favor a bugged Terror fight. I don't favor one of the shortest testing periods, with no real retesting, and then being delayed.

I have a lot of respect for you (as a mentor for my Merc dps) and for your guild for their accomplishments.

That said, was this snipe truly necessary?

1. you mean throne of thunder.

2. if whole world believes in a lie, its still a lie.

nice try tho.

Reality doesn't care what people believe. Beliefs do not change reality. We killed the bosses first on live, we are thus world first.

People who post on the forums represent a tiny fraction of players. Don't presume to speak for an entire community.

That sounds nice.

Heh well since Beslley got banned from swtor forums for calling someone bad I have pretty much been the only one that even bothers checking the swtor forums. I am by no means a representative nor did I even talk to anyone else in the guild about the HM DG switching when I made my post. Stop trying to make something out of nothing and move on.

These threads have made me realize why most of my guild usually avoids the swtor forums, this community of people that would rather bash eachother rather than grow together.

Just your pawn for misdirection, then? :p

Dominion is so large and blubbery, it is inconceivable to imagine morphing his being into something pawn-like. He is the only one that posted because there was nothing relevant to post about. Dominion is a known troll.

Dominion is so large and blubbery, it is inconceivable to imagine morphing his being into something pawn-like. He is the only one that posted because there was nothing relevant to post about. Dominion is a known troll.

He's also king of Pot5.

Heh well since Beslley got banned from swtor forums for calling someone bad I have pretty much been the only one that even bothers checking the swtor forums. I am by no means a representative nor did I even talk to anyone else in the guild about the HM DG switching when I made my post. Stop trying to make something out of nothing and move on.

These threads have made me realize why most of my guild usually avoids the swtor forums, this community of people that would rather bash eachother rather than grow together.

Not trying to bash at all. I think you guys are pretty awesome and enjoy following your streams. I just think you need step back and see the issue. Had you even came into the thread, quoted your post and said, "ya know what, I was wrong..the fight is overtuned and I think skipping HM is the best course of action and should count towards progression." That would have been a lot more palatable than going from being the first to say it shouldn't count to being the first (capable) guild to do it. I acknowledge and respect your kill either way, I just see the events leading up to it as a bit shady. But what do I matter..I'm sure Beslley would happily tell me I'm bad too :D

Reality doesn't care what people believe. Beliefs do not change reality. We killed the bosses first on live, we are thus world first.

People who post on the forums represent a tiny fraction of players. Don't presume to speak for an entire community.

I could start telling you the whole history of the man kind that would disproove your point. But the thing is, no one really cares. Either for that or for progress. Guilds like yours killed it.

OT:

True :(

But take note tho it is a two way street. People bash you, do you bash back? Trollingly or with tact like KBN's posts? >_<;

Edited by paowee

OT:

True :(

But take note tho it is a two way street. People bash you, do you bash back? Trollingly or with tact like KBN's posts? >_<;

I've kept my cool for the most part and Im not getting personal. I've pretty much just stuck to the facts.

OT:

Not trying to bash at all. I think you guys are pretty awesome and enjoy following your streams. I just think you need step back and see the issue. Had you even came into the thread, quoted your post and said, "ya know what, I was wrong..the fight is overtuned and I think skipping HM is the best course of action and should count towards progression." That would have been a lot more palatable than going from being the first to say it shouldn't count to being the first (capable) guild to do it. I acknowledge and respect your kill either way, I just see the events leading up to it as a bit shady. But what do I matter..I'm sure Beslley would happily tell me I'm bad too :D

This... I think he sums it up nicely and how i feel as well. And i think this is also how everyone who is bashing Ansalem's guild feel too. .. well a lot of people... Tempest.. some members of Sucka, some posters with no signature, some posters with no guild tag, some posters who just play the game and decided to comment their disapproval.

Posters from here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=649097

from here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=650066

and from the DnT NiM thread that was locked by a moderator.

It's too time consuming for me to count. Who knows? "We are a minority of the community like Fridge_LM said.

odawg: " it comes to integrity and have too much respect for progression races to see what this race has become."

Edited by paowee

Its hard to sift through and covers multiple threads, but I did post a few times about the guild discussion and admitted I was wrong. I really dont want to sift through all of it to find the exact quote of what I said. When I said that I was met with more insults and attacks. There was nothing shady about it. You can check the stream if you want to sit through all the DG attempts to listen to the discusion and conclusion we reached as a guild.

Its hard to sift through and covers multiple threads, but I did post a few times about the guild discussion and admitted I was wrong. I really dont want to sift through all of it to find the exact quote of what I said. When I said that I was met with more insults and attacks. There was nothing shady about it. You can check the stream if you want to sit through all the DG attempts to listen to the discusion and conclusion we reached as a guild.

That's why I said I'm sure it wasn't your intention..it just appeared shady. Surely you can at least recognise that to some degree. I really don't think you all had any ill will involved in your decision and I think it's awesome you killed the rest of the instance. But I can understand those that are a bit upset that they kept to the (unwritten) rule that was (loosely) agreed upon around page 4 or 5 of this thread :p

Hello there!

Up to this point, posts in this thread have slowly backed away from the originally intended topic of this thread, and moved closer to attacks and insults.

Non-constructive posts such as these tend to draw the attention of Kephess the Undying. Take care to ensure your posts stay on-topic and are free from any insults against other players or guilds, else this thread may suffer a terrible fate!

Thanks!

Edited by CommunityDroidEN