EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

EC will open Thursday, so I created again a tool allowing to rank guilds.

I improved the tool a bit with some players remarks. The points are more balanced between the four bosses.

The EC World Ranking 16M-NiM : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aq8VBPoheDTudGVyb01XYjZfN1FJU0Y4LXNnOHpYV3c&output=html

Only the first thirty guilds who kill a boss will score points! The 4th boss offer the biggest bonus.

THE PROGRESSION SHOULD BE LINEAR !! YOU MUST SUBMIT EACH BOSS IN ORDER !!

To verify a kill we need four(4) pieces of information.

First is the boss that was killed, including their nameplate in the kill is the easiest option.

Second you need to show the difficulty you killed the boss on. If you are the raid leader you can right click on your portrait, open up the change instance difficulty menu and it will show your raids current setting.

Additionally you can show your codex entry for either of the above situations, they have the boss's name and difficulty on them.

Third, we need to know if it was a 16m kill or an 8m (all players must be in the same guild).

Fourth, we need to know when the boss was killed. This is tricky because your in-game clock is based off of your local time. If it reads 6pm we don't know if it was 6pm in europe or 6pm in the states (5+ hours later!). To get around this you may use this timer (UTC timer) : http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fullscreen.html?n=1440 . Set up your shot in swtor, open up the Timer popup and drag it over your window. Hit print screen to take your screenshot and you are almost done. Open up paint (or your favorite image editor) and paste your shot in. While you're at it you can crop out anything you don't want to share. Save the shot and you are good to go.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Edited by derkae

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue I have is that you make a forum Thread for a new OPS to track and you have not or kept up with updateing the current TFB world ranking thread. I love that you made a place where this can be tracked but if you going to half a** it and not put in the time to keep the current ranking updated then why make another thread to track progression and you may not keep it up to date(You said in your post you may go back and updated the current one). Player's will use the thread but if you are not going to updated then why post. The only person I see keeping track of world ranking is Dominius here is his link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0An1jo5v1lk8RdERkQzFhTVpvMGVZZVYzSEt5ZUpBTHc&gid=0

simple and easy no points needed. Update the current world ranking and you may get players to post here again.

Edited by Angrylilseth

Messores Republicae of Prophecy of the Five will be participating in this thread for progression of NiM EC only because it is the closest thing we have to competition. I don't like this thread, I don't like that it's VERY EASY to lie on it, and I don't like the made up points system.

I would prefer BioWare to make their own progression ranking system for this game, it's something that would be run by a non-biased third party.

I am FF gm and i do not like the point structure , is there any way it can be reviewed , as well as a box added if they were on the pts ? this would be very usefull info to be added!!! thx for your time and plz keep it up to date ,

from FF

p.s. ears u suck up ""

Problem with the whole being on pts is how do you define it? Several people from the same guild could be pugging on pts, either together or seperatrly with others. That experience gives them atleast a small headstart, and yet they may not be penalised, wheras a guild fortunate to have a full 8man squad on pts will be highlighted.

I understand the desire for the seperation or highlighting of pts experienced guilds, but I just think its a bit tough to define when one guild could have like 5 players on PTS, and not be called a pts guild, yet having those 5 people experienced when it goes live certainly gives them a big edge over guilds where nobody played on pts.

Edit: course if you think of a good way of doing it, then do share :)

Edited by alifaraaz

Thanks for doing this.

Because NiM shares a timer with HM, what about guilds that decide to kill the first two bosses in HM and then switch it to NiM for Vorgath and get a kill. Does that kill count for Vorgath's points?

I personally think a guild should not be allowed to claim a kill on a later boss if they have not killed the boss before - especially when the tanks are much harder than Vorgath. NiM Progression should be linear, "hey we skipped to Vorgath and killed him!!!! We are 1337!!!!!!1111!!" , but Let me know what you think, Derkae.

Also - if you need help keeping the spreadsheet up to date, PM me - I would be happy to help.

Because NiM shares a timer with HM, what about guilds that decide to kill the first two bosses in HM and then switch it to NiM for Vorgath and get a kill.

A bit off topic, but hopefully BW changes this before it is released, since there isnt any direct reasoning for them to share a lockout timer when they have different loot tables.

A few things to keep in mind:

1) There is no way to reliably mark which guilds did EC NiM on the PTS. As mentioned, you could have guilds that went in with a few members and PuGed some of the spots. No one has tracked this or could successfully track this.

2) Unless you record and post your entire raid and someone watches it, there is no way to prove you didn't skip bosses on NiM by doing them on HM, jumping out of the instance and switching to NiM.

3) Aside from some people in the few remaining 16-Ops guilds in the game, no one really cares about these rankings of guilds or who killed a boss first. At best it should be a friendly competition between the few 16-Ops guilds left in the game because no one gains anything from beating another guild to a kill... aside from bragging rights that no one outside of these guilds cares about.

That being said, I think it's cool to keep track of what guilds are still around and clearing stuff on 16 so I would put my vote behind someone creating a simplified, non-points version like I did for 16-TFB HM. If someone does that and keeps it updated I will gladly post our guild's kills in that thread.

Totally agree that progression must be linear to prevent skipping bosses.

I think that the time you actually post proof of your kill should be the time allocated to prevent any forging of kills!

And although I like the points system ramping up I do accept that this makes the assumption that each boss gets progressively harder which is not always true.

Let the battle commence :)

A few things to keep in mind:

1) There is no way to reliably mark which guilds did EC NiM on the PTS. As mentioned, you could have guilds that went in with a few members and PuGed some of the spots. No one has tracked this or could successfully track this.

2) Unless you record and post your entire raid and someone watches it, there is no way to prove you didn't skip bosses on NiM by doing them on HM, jumping out of the instance and switching to NiM.

3) Aside from some people in the few remaining 16-Ops guilds in the game, no one really cares about these rankings of guilds or who killed a boss first. At best it should be a friendly competition between the few 16-Ops guilds left in the game because no one gains anything from beating another guild to a kill... aside from bragging rights that no one outside of these guilds cares about.

That being said, I think it's cool to keep track of what guilds are still around and clearing stuff on 16 so I would put my vote behind someone creating a simplified, non-points version like I did for 16-TFB HM. If someone does that and keeps it updated I will gladly post our guild's kills in that thread.

Fair enough.

I'll get started on that, should have the non-points version up by Wednesday (24hr before 1.5) and will update DAILY, no exceptions:)

<Chosen> will again be participating in this progression thread and endorses the systems used by darkae. They're not perfect, but it's the best we've got. Sure the updating falls off, but once you get 10 guilds to kill this, the "ranking" really starts to lose it's meaning. We do support a strict policy of linear progression. Given the nature of the encounter, this basically means no killing Minesweeper early and that CV screenshots should be validated with enough scrutiny to make sure there is a reasonable amount of time elapsed after FB/SC.

About PTS, it's become very difficult to know what the heck is going on with copies and who's testing and whatnot, so I think it's safe to say that the community (not including this thread) will be the judge of any "asterisks". I personally would appreciate it if all guilds in progression took part in this thread so that we have an accurate portrayal of when bosses were killed. If you'd like to recalculate, go right ahead, but let's leave this thread clear for kill posts and any contesting of kills that might happen.

Good luck to all guilds participating!

Edited by tahoeWolverine

<Chosen> will again be participating in this progression thread and endorses the systems used by darkae. They're not perfect, but it's the best we've got. Sure the updating falls off, but once you get 10 guilds to kill this, the "ranking" really starts to lose it's meaning. We do support a strict policy of linear progression. Given the nature of the encounter, this basically means no killing Minesweeper early and that CV screenshots should be validated with enough scrutiny to make sure there is a reasonable amount of time elapsed after FB/SC.

About PTS, it's become very difficult to know what the heck is going on with copies and who's testing and whatnot, so I think it's safe to say that the community (not including this thread) will be the judge of any "asterisks". I personally would appreciate it if all guilds in progression took part in this thread so that we have an accurate portrayal of when bosses were killed. If you'd like to recalculate, go right ahead, but let's leave this thread clear for kill posts and any contesting of kills that might happen.

Good luck to all guilds participating!

Well I don't think Death and Taxes is going to be posting any progression for this one. Wouldn't it be nice if bioware actually took care of this and tracked it for everyone?

Might have implied this earlier, but <Stoic> will be participating.

As far as I know none of the other guilds on The Shadowlands (TGO, SDU, etc) will be participating in the OP's thread as the rankings system the OP is using is murky, convoluted and not a true reflection of progression by any means.

We do hope that Dominus continues to maintain his spreadsheet which is clear and concise in it's ranking and a true reflection of these so-called "world rankings" which seem to be the only think fostering competition in this game any longer.

However, good luck to Stoic in putting on a decent showing representing The Shadowlands and completing EC NiM in the top 10 this time around.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

As far as I know none of the other guilds on The Shadowlands (TGO, SDU, etc) will be participating in the OP's thread as the rankings system the OP is using is murky, convoluted and not a true reflection of progression by any means.

We do hope that Dominus continues to maintain his spreadsheet which is clear and concise in it's ranking and a true reflection of these so-called "world rankings" which seem to be the only think fostering competition in this game any longer.

KK

Shadow Dragon Universe will be participating in this as well.

I could not stress enough how we (SDU) would like to make sure this has more to do with 16 Man progression, linear of course, and excluding 8-Mans. Basically the feeling across the board.

We also agree in seeing Dominus make an attempt in doing his own progession chart as well. Good luck to Stoic and TGO on Shadowlands.

Shadow Dragon Universe will be participating in this as well.

I could not stress enough how we (SDU) would like to make sure this has more to do with 16 Man progression, linear of course, and excluding 8-Mans. Basically the feeling across the board.

We also agree in seeing Dominus make an attempt in doing his own progession chart as well. Good luck to Stoic and TGO on Shadowlands.

I don't believe Dom intends on updating a future version of his previous progression chart.

In it's place I have put one together that we can try out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgCWcFAbOaZwdHNYaTU0NnN1RXJ6dnBWc2NyeW1fQ3c#gid=0

This is what it would have looked like for TFB: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgCWcFAbOaZwdElad05QOHNNdEEybkxtbExWMld4Rnc

Let me know what you all think. I have also put in a way to submit directly to the spreadsheet through this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHNYaTU0NnN1RXJ6dnBWc2NyeW1fQ3c6MQ#gid=6

Edited by Nibbon