KotFE replaying possibility(?)

Jeanosis

Hello, fellow forum user.

I know that there were a few threads about swtor stories replaying function, but I wanna ask about new expansion and let me explain why.

As far as I remember, there were a lot of functions that hadn't been implemented in the game until new expansion has arrived(for example, robes falling through mounts etc.) because there were other priorities and the core game was already done without an easy possibility to implement that stuff.

However, I've played a new expansion and there a lot of progress was made. I saw a lot of improvements and fixes(like that robes/mounts problem I've mentioned earlier) and I understood that devs really want to bring this game to a completely new level.

So, it's a new content that is not complete yet. And because of that it's easier to put a new feature in the game(new expansion, to be correct). That's why it's the best time for "replay" feature in-game appearance. And let me explain why it would be such important function:

• There are limited slots for characters per server/account. So if it's a great story and you are enjoying it(like I did ME2, for example, over a 20 replaying) you can't replay it as much as you want.
  • Each character is unique unless you will create a clone army which is problematic too cause each character requires interface tuning, clothes/mounts finding(which is impossible if your favorite mount is old enough that there is no anything like it in GTM). It takes a lot of time so you won't be able to do a lot of replays because you'll be already tired by making new characters and leveling them up.
  • There is no possibility in replaying your favorite moments, you just need to replay the whole game. It takes so much time that you don't want to do replay at all. :D
  • And so on.

There is already a "Play" button and checkpoints for chapters. Please, bring the replay feature into the game, it won't crush character 60 slot item selling in CM cause this feature will give you only a possibility of replaying the new story content, not a new character with another class, race etc.

All the best,

Jeanosis

P.S. If someone wants replay feature too, please, help to add arguments for it or simply say the word. That'll increase the possibility that some devs will read this and will give an answer.

Honestly I feel like that would take away from the idea that our choices are supposed to have consequences, and therefore I strongly oppose this idea completely. Honestly if you want to relive the experience then you should record your play through of the content. I'm currently restarting my Twitch streaming with my Jedi Knight, and I will be streaming it and adding it to my YouTube channel as well. Most of those "moments" in my opinion are actually cutscenes and not the 100 times I've killed a Sky Trooper in the same exact manner in a mission, or any of the other things that I do in combat.

Honestly I feel like that would take away from the idea that our choices are supposed to have consequences, and therefore I strongly oppose this idea completely. Honestly if you want to relive the experience then you should record your play through of the content. I'm currently restarting my Twitch streaming with my Jedi Knight, and I will be streaming it and adding it to my YouTube channel as well. Most of those "moments" in my opinion are actually cutscenes and not the 100 times I've killed a Sky Trooper in the same exact manner in a mission, or any of the other things that I do in combat.

Well, the point is that our choices have consequences only in, as you said, "actually cutscenes". Also watching and playing are two different thing. I'll do my recording, of course, but it won't be enough to have a playing experience again without a trouble(new character creating etc.)

Story is the reason, a lot of people are playing this game. So I don't understand why not make a replaying possible.

For example, another MMO with strong story called Destiny has a possibility of replaying.

But I appreciate your opinion. You have a point too.

Edited by Jeanosis

Well, the point is that our choices have consequences only in, as you said, "actually cutscenes". Also watching and playing are two different thing. I'll do my recording, of course, but it won't be enough to have a playing experience again without a trouble(new character creating etc.)

Story is the reason, a lot of people are playing this game. So I don't understand why not make a replaying possible.

For example, another MMO with strong story called Destiny has a possibility of replaying.

But I appreciate your opinion. You have a point too.

Destiny is not an MMO...and it has no semblance of story what so ever...

Destiny is not an MMO...and it has no semblance of story what so ever...

"Destiny* '​s style has been described as a first-person shooter that incorporates role-playing and massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements, but Bungie has avoided defining Destiny as a traditional MMO game" - Wiki

Yes, it looks like shooter with multiplayer, but that doesn't change a fact that it's mmo, want that Bungie or not.

Similar thing with Swtor: it's not a traditional mmo because it has BioWare storytelling(choice based and so on). Traditional mmo don't a have a good story, it's not their priority.

So Swtor and Destiny Uniqueness comparison is appropriate. But still, the point is in the replay feature, not comparison.