Needing on upgrades ... Problem?

Hello,

I've been playing SWTOR for 2days now? Im level 17 Guardian..

Soo... I was looking for a group for Flashpoint quest.. Okay, got a full group, killed the first boss & 3/4 ppl needed it.

I won the loot and one of the group members started flaming at me "**** why did you need that? Its heavy armor!!?!!?"

I pointed out it was an upgrade for me + I can wear heavy as well.. So he continued flaming at me & everyone else started to agree him (***?)

After we got to the last boss, some sith dude.. We killed him and a really awesome lightsaber dropped + was an upgrade for me.. So I needed it and won the loot..

Guess what?

"**** WHY DID YOU NEED IT!! YOUR SUCH A ***** TROLL" etc etc.. Swearing and acting like a hard-nut in the group.. After just at the end of the mission, he deicide to kick me.. Ofc, everyone else agreed with him & clearly said: "It was a fair roll and you lose, get over it..."

I was removed from the grp at the end of the mission, he started calling me a F**** Troll and such..

So I just though: Dude, its a game and I won the loots fair and square...

So here my question:

Was this guy being a idiot and not understanding how the loot roll worked? (thinking I was stealing his gun)

Or...

Was I ninja looting?

Just post what you though.. Coz I was annoyed about being called a "Ninja" since I never ninja in any games. I play fair and play happy with anyone in groups.

Hope I don't end up with someone like that again.. =/

Not enough information to tell really. Need to know what classes everyone else were as well as what items dropped (specifically what the primary stats were).

Seeing as it was a low lvl run, I can't imagine it being a big deal anyways.The gear will be replaced in a day or two at best.

Hello,

I've been playing SWTOR for 2days now? Im level 17 Guardian..

Soo... I was looking for a group for Flashpoint quest.. Okay, got a full group, killed the first boss & 3/4 ppl needed it.

I won the loot and one of the group members started flaming at me "**** why did you need that? Its heavy armor!!?!!?"

I pointed out it was an upgrade for me + I can wear heavy as well.. So he continued flaming at me & everyone else started to agree him (***?)

After we got to the last boss, some sith dude.. We killed him and a really awesome lightsaber dropped + was an upgrade for me.. So I needed it and won the loot..

Guess what?

"**** WHY DID YOU NEED IT!! YOUR SUCH A ***** TROLL" etc etc.. Swearing and acting like a hard-nut in the group.. After just at the end of the mission, he deicide to kick me.. Ofc, everyone else agreed with him & clearly said: "It was a fair roll and you lose, get over it..."

I was removed from the grp at the end of the mission, he started calling me a F**** Troll and such..

So I just though: Dude, its a game and I won the loots fair and square...

So here my question:

Was this guy being a idiot and not understanding how the loot roll worked? (thinking I was stealing his gun)

Or...

Was I ninja looting?

Just post what you though.. Coz I was annoyed about being called a "Ninja" since I never ninja in any games. I play fair and play happy with anyone in groups.

Hope I don't end up with someone like that again.. =/

if you need a trooper armor and a +willpower lightsaber, nervous guys tend to yell at you mate... so what have you needed?

I dunno the classes names..

3 Jedi's & 1 Smuggler..

First boss dropped leggings that had my stats: Str + End

Last boss dropped Lightsaber that also had Str + end + Force Power.

Im pretty sure the loot roll in this game. shows different weapon/armors if different classes.

Hope thats enough info.. Memory aint great.. :)

As the case above shows, ignorant players and rude players are in groups today causing issues without cross-server LFG.

And given how basic the stats / armor types are in this game, It wouldn't take a genius at Bioware to set up the loot system such that only players who actually can use the item could need the item.

I'd much prefer getting quick groups with the occasional jerk than getting no groups waiting on these phantom perfect manners players that supposedly exist due to being restricted to a single server.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

3 Jedi's & 1 Smuggler..

Im pretty sure the loot roll in this game. shows different weapon/armors if different classes.

Sounds like Jedi Guardian gear to me (or sentinel depending on str/end values), but if it's an upgrade it's an upgrade that you can use that will better your role. Sounds so far like you're in the right.

I've tried both sides, so far Pub side seems to be more whiney than Empire, atleast on our server.

3 Jedi's & 1 Smuggler..

Seems like legit rolls to me. You have as much right to those 2 items as the other 2 jedi's, I hope both were guardians aswell.

Heck I roll need on medium armor as a jugg/guardian if there are no marauders/sentinels in the group. Because the mods are upgrades if I currently wear orange pieces with lower mods.

Normally If I am needing a second time or if it is something odd for my class I ask if it is OK with the group. As was said earlier, It was low level gear, so the person frothing at the mouth was really over reacting.

I did get pretty annoyed in a group recently when on Hard Mode Foundry a Sith Sorcerer needed for the third time on an Aim item when I was playing a Mercenary. Extreme abuse like that is the only time I call people out, but certainly not with rage flaming.

Don't forget it all just a bunch of 1001010101010 anyways.

Just to say...

make sure it is a main hand lightsaber, and not an off-hand lightsaber which you could not use as such.

(although even with an off-hand, it is possible to pull out the mods and put them into your main hand saber and get some upgrade like that, but not everyone agrees on whether it is fair to need roll for such reason or not. I would avoid needing in such cases.)

Edited by Eternalnight

I guess you're new here....you do know that not one class outside of the AC's uses the same stats...and if they set a loot system that only allows the class it was meant for to roll on it...it solves all the ninja problems for the most part...The jerks already exist...they're already ruining groups...But its just easier to say "Oh the community is fine, it was that damned LFG tool that ruined the game" Maybe it's because you dont get to pick who you run with that most of you have the sphincter size of a pellet.

If you dont like it, here's an idea. DONT USE IT, no one is saying you have to. You can sit in general and spam for groups all you want. Since a Same server LFG tool will be nothing more than an /LFG channel. Which doesn't even come close to solving the server population problems.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Let me try to reconstruct the situation. You are a Jedi Guardian. The first Boss dropped a piece of Medium armor with +Strength, +Endurance.

Here's where ettiquette comes in. If an item is a straight, as is upgrade for you, you can always need it. But if you're needing it for the modifications in it or the shell, then you need to ask.

As for the lightsaber, I suspect it was a case of you needing on a DPS saber when you're a tank, or vice versa. Or you didn't look too closely and needed on an offhand only saber.

Let me try to reconstruct the situation. You are a Jedi Guardian. The first Boss dropped a piece of Medium armor with +Strength, +Endurance.

Here's where ettiquette comes in. If an item is a straight, as is upgrade for you, you can always need it. But if you're needing it for the modifications in it or the shell, then you need to ask.

As for the lightsaber, I suspect it was a case of you needing on a DPS saber when you're a tank, or vice versa. Or you didn't look too closely and needed on an offhand only saber.

Actually, the first boss dropped Heavy armor.

Last boss dropped the lightsaber but said One-hand. But for others it was a gun or off/one-hand.

And as a Guardian, im a dpser. I don't tank.

Guardian had 1 tank spec & 2 dps specs. So ive been dps since level 10.

Actually, the first boss dropped Heavy armor.

Last boss dropped the lightsaber but said One-hand. But for others it was a gun or off/one-hand.

And as a Guardian, im a dpser. I don't tank.

Guardian had 1 tank spec & 2 dps specs. So ive been dps since level 10.

Different classes see the same loot, the item was either a one-hand light saber or a pistol. Could not have been both.

Different classes see the same loot, the item was either a one-hand light saber or a pistol. Could not have been both.

Then that sorts my problem out.. It was a one-hand lightsaber with STR, END + Force Power.. So, smuggler was flaming at me for some loot he couldn't use & the other 3 Jedi Knights (Dunno the other classes name part from Guardian) Lost a fair loot roll..

Well, now I feel better. :)

Roll what you roll.

That's always been my philosophy with regards to this. If I want something, I'll roll for it. If I don't want it, I won't. Whenever people ask "Do you mind if I...?" I just tell them: Roll what you roll.

Ignore the jerks. It's your game. Yes, you play it with other people, but ultimately it's your money out of your pocket every month. Roll what you roll.

Guardian rolling need on heavy armor and str? Sounds good.

Players should ideally only roll on their main stats items and highest AC.

IF there are sentinels in the group, ask him before you roll need on a str medium armor even though you might be using light/med armors for some reason.

While leveling i managed to group up with 2 republics troopers and 1 of them rolled need on my sentinel's medium armor / str item and won.

While both idiot troopers (friends) defended that decision stating it was an upgrade. Obviously retarded.

They quickly earn spots in my ignore list.

Loot is very easy to get , no need to spolit your reputation for it.

So I tend to agree to only need on gear that improves your main stats, but I tend to disagree with the statement that you can't need it if it's for the mods only... The mods are exactly what you need, not the shell.

When I levelled with my Operative, sometimes there would drop a sniper rifle. IF I'm the only Agent in the group, I need it because I can pull out the mods for my character. If there's another agent (sniper or operative) that rule still applies... Both can use the upgrade, so both can need it.

OP: I think you were right. But some people get frustrated when they don't get the gear they want and they want to take it out on the people that do. In that case, just put the flamer on the /ignore list.

See, this is the kind of douchebaggery that irks me.

You're saying that even if there was a sniper in the group, you would roll need on a sniper rifle just for the mod?

It's equivalent to non-Jedi/Sith rolling need on a lightsaber just because it's got some color crystal.

Never roll need on class-specific items that you can't use, unless given permission.

So I tend to agree to only need on gear that improves your main stats, but I tend to disagree with the statement that you can't need it if it's for the mods only... The mods are exactly what you need, not the shell.

When I levelled with my Operative, sometimes there would drop a sniper rifle. IF I'm the only Agent in the group, I need it because I can pull out the mods for my character. If there's another agent (sniper or operative) that rule still applies... Both can use the upgrade, so both can need it.

OP: I think you were right. But some people get frustrated when they don't get the gear they want and they want to take it out on the people that do. In that case, just put the flamer on the /ignore list.

See, this is the kind of douchebaggery that irks me.

You're saying that even if there was a sniper in the group, you would roll need on a sniper rifle just for the mod?

It's equivalent to non-Jedi/Sith rolling need on a lightsaber just because it's got some color crystal.

Never roll need on class-specific items that you can't use, unless given permission.

Why shouldn't I, an Operative, who uses Cunning as a main stat and also benefits from secondary stats as power, crit, surge and even the alacrity, be eligible for a upgrade of mods... Just because it's in a sniper rifle, doesn't mean I can't use it. This has nothing to do with companions. This would be a full upgrade to my stats...

What I don't do is needing it for that one crystal that is better. But if it's a full upgrade, I'm as much entitled to it as my sniper counterpart...

That being said, if he hasn't a modifiable sniper at all, I'm willing to let this one go for me... I'm not that bad a guy :-)

As the case above shows, ignorant players and rude players are in groups today causing issues without cross-server LFG.

And given how basic the stats / armor types are in this game, It wouldn't take a genius at Bioware to set up the loot system such that only players who actually can use the item could need the item.

I'd much prefer getting quick groups with the occasional jerk than getting no groups waiting on these phantom perfect manners players that supposedly exist due to being restricted to a single server.

What this person said.