Character Transfer, Server Populations, and You (Part II)

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping to get some info and when i can get all my toons together on 1 server instead of having toons sitting unable to play them because they are on a server you made me move too.....i have lvl 50s on a EU server and want all my toons in 1 place but you wont let this happen and wont give any kind of answer as to if and when this will happe.......

Its almost to the point that i dont want to play the game any more and am close to ending my subscription

I am hoping to get some info and when i can get all my toons together on 1 server instead of having toons sitting unable to play them because they are on a server you made me move too.....i have lvl 50s on a EU server and want all my toons in 1 place but you wont let this happen and wont give any kind of answer as to if and when this will happe.......

Its almost to the point that i dont want to play the game any more and am close to ending my subscription

What really bugs me is that people don't read updates on the website. They've said in twitter updates, forums posts etc. that paid character transfers and increasing the character slots for every server are in the works. Patience is a virtue. BW is trying to settle down on getting everyone to there destination servers first before they can start allowing anyone to transfer toons from any server they want.

I am hoping for some information on server merges. I currently have max toons on 5 of 6 RP servers. What will happen to those toons in the event of a server merge? And will it be like The Ebon Hawk (Full with wait times)?

To continue to enhance the overall gameplay experience for current and new players, we have eliminated the option to create new characters on selected origin servers.

Later this summer, any remaining characters on selected origin servers will be automatically moved to designated destination servers. We will provide additional details regarding the automatic character transfer process at that time.

Interesting. Looks like server merges after all, though it was pretty obvious from the get go.

Kinda time consuming to:

1. Give people the choice to transfer.
  2. Give them a reward for transfering.
  3. Stop people from going to anything but the destination servers.
  4. Auto-move anyone left on the dead servers to the populated ones.

Instead of just, I don't know, call it a server merger and just merge them from the get go.

Oh well, I guess it's a good way to extend people's subscriptions. Make them wait for transfers, make them wait for a reward, then merge servers any way. People who don't want to be on super populated servers add another couple months of cash and people who do add more cash.

Cloak and dagger tactics, very interesting approach to dealing with a player base...

So all the people who stayed behind to preserve their names are getting hosed anyway.

Why didn't you guys just treat this as a merger from the beginning? Was it semantics? Were you afraid of calling them 'mergers'?

Why do you do everything half assed?

How about some rewards for staying with your "home" server? Not everyone "abandoned ship". Also those who stayed in order not to lose our names, or put up with wait times would also like the same rewards for those who moved, if possible:jawa_smile: That little pet sure is cute.

So all the people who stayed behind to preserve their names are getting hosed anyway.

Why didn't you guys just treat this as a merger from the beginning? Was it semantics? Were you afraid of calling them 'mergers'?

We may not get hosed (hopefully) If we do, I'm calling BioWare to hopefully get my names back, if not, it's unsub time for me.:jawa_frown:

I have characters on Namadii Corridor (origin) and The Harbinger (Destination). Gameplay on The Harbinger is great. The multiple instance solution that was implemented a couple of days ago works great to reduce the lag. Namadii Corridor is almost empty and sad to play in.

My problem is that I have 6 characters in each server. There may be one or two that I'm willing to delete, but that still won't be enough to fit all my characters on The Harbinger. So I'm wondering how the automatic transfers will work by the end of the Summer.

It would be much easier if BW were to open one of the other selected destination servers for each origin server. For example, Namadii Corridor is a PVE - West Coast Server. Transfers are available to The Harbinger which is another PVE - West Coast. Just open transfers from Namadii Corridor to Drooga's Pleasure Barge which is also PVE - West Coast.

I am sure that a lot of people will transfer to the new destination servers if that is done. I for one would much rather transfer my characters myself now than wait for the automatic transfers.

This is definitely my main concern. I didn't move because I don't want to lose my character and legacy names.

We may not get hosed (hopefully) If we do, I'm calling BioWare to hopefully get my names back, if not, it's unsub time for me.:jawa_frown:

Jesus... Some people are unbelievable. I can't believe some people are so obsessed and upset with just a simple character name. Especially in a setting where you're character's name have very little relevance to others. Have anyone ever told you just a game? You're not naming your child or creating a dynasty here ya know.

Edited by Aricus

What happens if your destination server is already full of 8 toons?

That's my question as well. The way it worked out, I had 12 toons on 2 servers that got merged to the same one. I (and my guildmates) took the route of transferring all my Republic toons to the new server, and kept my Empire ones where they were, in hopes of getting a 2nd server to transfer to. Now they're closing off new toons on the origin servers? What choice do I have? :mad:

As for the speculations on new transfers, paid transfers, character limit increases, etc., it'd be really nice if we could get something definite, instead of keeping us all in the dark about the whole thing. Or maybe they really _don't_ have a long-range plan, and are just making things up as they go along?

And will it be like The Ebon Hawk (Full with wait times)?

Point of order, the Ebon Hawk is not full and has had only three periods in the last 30 days where it was full. None of those lasted for more than an hour or so.

http://www.torstatus.net/the-ebon-hawk/history/7d#!/the-ebon-hawk/trends/30d

You may have to click %full to get the full trend to show up.

The population here is mostly standard or heavy and it's awesome!

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

Interesting. Looks like server merges after all, though it was pretty obvious from the get go.

Kinda time consuming to:

1. Give people the choice to transfer.
  2. Give them a reward for transfering.
  3. Stop people from going to anything but the destination servers.
  4. Auto-move anyone left on the dead servers to the populated ones.

Instead of just, I don't know, call it a server merger and just merge them from the get go.

Oh well, I guess it's a good way to extend people's subscriptions. Make them wait for transfers, make them wait for a reward, then merge servers any way. People who don't want to be on super populated servers add another couple months of cash and people who do add more cash.

Cloak and dagger tactics, very interesting approach to dealing with a player base...

Right? Similar how augments were introduced, crit for one, next patch eff it, just make it.

I feel was just a way to keep peoples minds away from thinking that 1.3 didn't add any content at all, and that 1.4 is still in a galaxy far, far away. Get everyone talking about this, so no one is talking about that

I'm just getting frustrated, makes me sad face.

Edited by Blondesolid

This is definitely my main concern. I didn't move because I don't want to lose my character and legacy names.

This is also my main concern. My names, as dumb as it may sound to others, are the most important part of the game. I've been using them for years as others have used theirs for years who do not want to lose them.

I will unsub if I lose them. I don't want to, but it just wouldn't be the same or as fun without them.

How about some rewards for staying with your "home" server? Not everyone "abandoned ship". Also those who stayed in order not to lose our names, or put up with wait times would also like the same rewards for those who moved, if possible:jawa_smile: That little pet sure is cute.

You still have time to take the optional transfer before the deadline for the reward, I believe. Since you know you are going to get moved anyway, why not go ahead and grab the bonus now?

I would imagine server mergers are a logistics nightmare that they can't just whip up over the weekend. Pretty obvious it's work in progress and they're not shving donuts down their throats in the conference room while trying to figure out ways to piss Zannis off.

If you're names are taken on the destination server, you won't get them back no matter who you call.

It's the easiest and fairest solution whether you see it that way or not. Giving it based on who had it first chronologically is ridiculous because potentially it could result in you taking someone's name and then you losing it to someone else anyway. So, the most logical and sensible solution when looking towards the future is to use the current system.

You still have time to take the optional transfer before the deadline for the reward, I believe. Since you know you are going to get moved anyway, why not go ahead and grab the bonus now?

He doesn't care about that. He only cares about his name. IT's name before all else. Funny really, but I guess to each their own.

I would imagine server mergers are a logistics nightmare that they can't just whip up over the weekend. Pretty obvious it's work in progress and they're not shving donuts down their throats in the conference room while trying to figure out ways to piss Zannis off.

They should be. If these guys aren't worried about pissing 'Zannis' off, and everyone else, then they have no one to blame for their own failures but themselves.