Why Is Life Day Scheduled So Late This Year?

Darth_Sidewinder

It's my fav event of the year and it only comes around once a year for a few weeks. I've never found the snowballs that annoying, had an old guild mate who used to not play the game at all during the event because he hated them so much, if he was still around he'd probably be so happy it's been shortened by a week. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Hey there,

I can add some clarity on the timing of Life Day this year. Typically our events all start and end on Tuesdays and Life Day is no different. We are planning a patch (6.0.2) for next week that will come out on Thursday. This patch will include some Life Day stuff and so it would then start on the next Tuesday after the patch, the 17th!

-eric

Is this the patch with the supposedly reduced changes with respect to crafting?

• 2 weeks later...
Well, i won't complain if it's shorter, i hate those snowballs...

And I do take issue with it being a week shorter. With the timing being across the Christmas break, many, many players take time of work and playing to be with family. Myself included. When Life Day is shortened, that means less time for me to get snow covered parcels, Life Day decorations, achievements and such. Although I will only be gone one week this year, I have been away 2 weeks in years past.

No. I do not approve of the shorter event. It really hampers my ability to do what I want to do.