Axes? Really?

kmontyw

So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well? Can they be upgraded to kitchen knives perhaps?

You say Jedi, I immediately think "ax". It's a natural part of the fantasy, and lore. This is going to be so great.

Edited by kmontyw

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What exactly makes u think that?

2. I think its alright. I mean, I like the idea of moddable vibroblades to rival lightsabers. Axes as weapons do have some small place in star wars lore, and can always be crafted from saber resistant materials...I think its totally viable and I dont think there will be TONS of ppl going out of their way to mod an ax or sword, so ur immersion is prob safe :p

1. What exactly makes u think that?

2. I think its alright. I mean, I like the idea of moddable vibroblades to rival lightsabers. Axes as weapons do have some small place in star wars lore, and can always be crafted from saber resistant materials...I think its totally viable and I dont think there will be TONS of ppl going out of their way to mod an ax or sword, so ur immersion is prob safe :p

Its also a cartel item so I mean its gonna take real money to get em :p

So, Jedi/Sith will be running around with axes instead of lightsabres come the F2P release. Axes. Do they come with Dwarven beards as well? Can they be upgraded to kitchen knives perhaps?

You say Jedi, I immediately think "ax". It's a natural part of the fantasy, and lore. This is going to be so great.

are you by any chance the same guy who complained to me a while back that I'm 'doing it wrong' because my jedi guardian is running around with a vibro sword?:rolleyes:

Well they do have a place in the Star Wars universe they are Gammorean axes after all, but what a Jedi is doing with them is anybody's guess.

Incoming, Alderaan pastry throwing buns and Hothean snow ball guns. Save those Cartel Coins my friends!

yeah and do you know what is the funny about that? well light sabers can cut through metals but now you can fight a Jedi/Sith with 2 metal Axes against their Light saber lol, go play Lotro ppl at least better looking Axes there.

the worst than that is the THRONE which you can DRIVE!

now would it be kinda stupid for a Jedi/Sith to change his Light sabers with normal AXES? hmmm guess not because the freaking Axes gonna do the same damage as a light saber, WELL DONE BIOWARE!

Edited by saremun

yeah and do you know what is the funny about that? well light sabers can cut through metals but now you can fight a Jedi/Sith with 2 metal Axes against their Light saber lol, go play Lotro ppl at least better looking Axes there.

If you played Kotor they explained how vibroswords can withstand a lightsaber. These axes use the same technologu obviously.

They're magic Dwarven axes. Lightsabres can't cut through spells.

Edited by kmontyw

If you played Kotor they explained how vibroswords can withstand a lightsaber. These axes use the same technologu obviously.

I fully understand the idea of Viberswords and i have seen them used by the Death watch in the Clone wars TV show and the guards of general grievous in the movies, the can Block the light saber hits with them and all that but AXES....

iam reading through the lore now trying to find one thing about a fight between Axes and Light saber..

I'm OK with the Axes. Jedi/Sith tend to use lightsabers but I don't think this is a rule and I'm pretty sure there is precedent for jedi/sith not using lightsabers just as their is precedence of non-force users using lightsabers.

I may get an axe for my Sith Inquisitor since she never uses the weapon anyway other than hanging on the belt, Axe would look cooler on the belt.

I fully understand the idea of Viberswords and i have seen them used by the Death watch in the Clone wars TV show and the guards of general grievous in the movies, the can Block the light saber hits with them and all that but AXES....

iam reading through the lore now trying to find one thing about a fight between Axes and Light saber..

These are brand new state of the Art Jedi Lumberjack axes man, not just "Axes". The same way a swiss army knife isn't just a boring old pointy stick.

I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of Mandalore the indomitable fighting a Jedi with an axe. I am looking for it right now.

Who sais it's a throne that you can drive, if you want to connect it lorewise it's a throne that the Sith moves by using the force. just a thought.

ok i will agree with you on that BUT wouldn't you find it silly for a Jedi/Sith sitting on a Chair and moving it around from place to place? i mean Lore-wiz would it be hard for a force user to move around his chair all the day long using his power and concentration only for that?

ok i will agree with you on that BUT wouldn't you find it silly for a Jedi/Sith sitting on a Chair and moving it around from place to place? i mean Lore-wiz would it be hard for a force user to move around his chair all the day long using his power and concentration only for that?

If he built in a little potty, it could double as a toilet too.

Not really, I spin in my desk chair for fun. Maybe it could be like a sith/jedi abs roller machine?!

well, it gonna be the same as the Red Color of the eyes for the dark side force users, they doesn't exist and never will yet BW decided to use them instead of the yellow color for the eyes which is the right color for the Dark side force users according to lore and every media material for Star Wars!