One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs

CommanderKeeva

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop ranting. Many of these achievements were meant to be done on classes of both factions. If you do not choose to make both pub and imp classes that's your choice. But its not a bug or BWs fault

The Achievements, yes. But the Codex is meant for the individual character.

• 2 months later...

TaitWatson just posted this to one of the other bug report forums. Thanks Tait!

Just so you all know, there are two Codex fixes coming in 2.7:

• The “Species: Weequay” Codex Entry has been added to the game, and can be obtained via a Lore Object on Nar Shaddaa.

• The “Species: Trandoshan” Codex Entry has been added to the game, and can be obtained by killing a Trandoshan on Belsavis.

Thank you all for your reports! :tran_smile:

-tw

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow Codex hunters!

Tait just posted this earlier this month to his thread called 'Known Issues'. He also mentions there that they are carefully choosing what to include on that list and what not to. Look what's at the top of the list!!

General

A number of Achievements do not grant as intended.

A number of Codex entries do not grant as intended.

To me, this is a positive sign that they are going to be continuing to fix the codex. Tait if you read this, THANK YOU to you and the developers who are tracking these down and fixing them. Lots of people love to hunt and complete these, and we've never been able to complete them since launch. Please don't stop fixing them, and thanks again!

• 4 months later...
Hello fellow Codex hunters!

Tait just posted this earlier this month to his thread called 'Known Issues'. He also mentions there that they are carefully choosing what to include on that list and what not to. Look what's at the top of the list!!

General

A number of Achievements do not grant as intended.

A number of Codex entries do not grant as intended.

To me, this is a positive sign that they are going to be continuing to fix the codex. Tait if you read this, THANK YOU to you and the developers who are tracking these down and fixing them. Lots of people love to hunt and complete these, and we've never been able to complete them since launch. Please don't stop fixing them, and thanks again!

Been 4 months, any update since then?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Codex Hunters! A few fixes to the Codex today in patch 2.10

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/992014/game-update-2.10-forged-alliances-patch-notes

Satele Shan is listed as fixed for Smugs and Troopers, but she was always bugged on my Knight and Consular too, so I'm not sure if she's fixed for them, and if not - why not?

Tait Watson could you check on Satele Shan for Consular and Trooper please?

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Codex Hunters! A few fixes to the Codex today in patch 2.10

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/992014/game-update-2.10-forged-alliances-patch-notes

Satele Shan is listed as fixed for Smugs and Troopers, but she was always bugged on my Knight and Consular too, so I'm not sure if she's fixed for them, and if not - why not?

Tait Watson could you check on Satele Shan for Consular and Trooper please?

There is an interactive object near the trainers' room on level 2 of the Jedi Temple that grants the codex - I was able to use that on my Consular.

I was just wondering on the update to some of the other codex entries - especially on Ord Mantell for the Jedi classes - I am missing 6-7 for those characters, and still missing an Organizations entry on Taris (I have 1/2).

• 1 month later...

Hey Keeva, are you still updating this thread or abandoned it? I see you were still active on the forums...

Anywayz i had this thread in bookmarks and now trying to complete my own missing codex and comparing the known info with this one i see there's some entries already obtainable (Like Corellia species, swtor-spy visitors claim they are, omw now to check)

• 3 months later...
If a Codex bug is fixed, but the entry was something obtained in a story instance, like, say the Agent's Red Blade entry, when the bug is fixed, will it be possible to get the entry?

From experience, some Codex entries have been granted retroactively, such as the one below:

Darth Angral (Knight)

There's another one for the Jedi Knight, recently fixed, that hasn't however. I submitted a ticket to the CS about it.

We'll see how it goes I guess.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of Codex bugs, I have spent the last couple hours killing every possible

Mutated Colicoid on Balmora that I possibly can. This is after already killing several when I went through my sith inquistor class phases months ago. I am trying to get the bestiary lore object achievement for the Imperial Beastmaster of Balmorra (Imperial Exploration). I even went as far as to find another sith inquist. at the phase of the story they can access the den and completed their storyline for them (my char is 60) so that I could kill every single colicoid in that hazerdous hole in the ground. ALL Failures.

According to swtorspy this is where you get the completion for this achievement, but nothing has worked (and did not work months ago when I first did it). Is this still bugged? Seems like the original poster mentioned it two years ago... I can't imagine such a simply fix wouldn't of been applied by now? Am I just missing something? Is there another area that the guide(s) don't mention that you can actually kill one to get this reward?

Any insight into this would be fantastic; I only like going back to a planet once for exploration achievements and it looks like that is now out the window.

• 4 months later...

My wife and I got the Mutated Colicoid last night, without using an instance. From what I read elsewhere, I gather the instance itself doesn't have the needed beast, but there's a way to exit from it that leaves you in an area with some. But we'd also read, and could see for ourselves, that there's one that pokes its head out above some rocks overlooking an area in the "back yard" of the Arms Factory. (Go through the factory, up a couple levels, and end up outdoors. Follow a path to the left up a hill to an area with some low domed structures.) Some people seem to be claiming they found the MC down among the domes, but we've only ever seen it atop the rocks. Even so, it's somewhat rare (slow respawn? roamer that only sometimes stands by the rock?); we had to switch instances to find one where it was visible.

We tried a while to climb the rocks, and failed. I read that an Agent's Exfiltrate skill could roll up the wall, but I wasn't able to make that work. But I did get high enough to make my companion appear above me, and then my wife's Juggernaut used Intervene to jump to my companion, from which she could reach the beast.

But then here's the last twist that I think has led to some of the arguments I see posted: She killed the one we'd been looking at, and we did NOT get the bestiary entry! So she explored and found she was in an area with four other Mutated Colicoids. She dragged a couple over near me (since I had no way to jump to her) and killed those, and we got the entry.

My guess is that the class instance I've seen mentioned, provides some way to exit into that area in the regular zone. In any case, my advice is not to worry about whether there's a colicoid visible above the rock. As long as you know which rock I mean (there are plenty of videos and other posts showing it) and have a Warrior available, you can reach the pack. Oh, and my wife says she saw screenshots that show the colicoids sometimes spawn down among the domes, or perhaps they used to but got moved. But we've never seen them down there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Before I start, yes holy necro batman.

There are added characters to these planets that would be perfect for giving out the needed codex entries. Either the ones already added or putting an extra champion in place. For example on Imperial Balmorra, there is a uniquely named Collicoid in one of the Heroic Areas. It would be fantastic if we could get the Collicoid Lore Entry off of it. (Name starts with a K, that's all I remember about it.)

For Lore given from questlines, can it be possible to add said lore as a podium outside of the instance that is interactive?

Finally, it would be fantastic to add a reward of codex entries to all subsequent toons when Datacron Master, Lore Master, and Beastmaster on an individual planet. Add a flag that automatically checks all lore options. It is somewhat annoying that the datacron ones don't all get added on both sides, with big chunks of the list being limited to one side or another. Yes, I am aware that this usually doesn't reward the experience given to a toon for obtaining said lore entry, but that is hardly as important to completionists such as myself.

I'm not sure if there is anyone left at BW who knows about the original codex system. Sure, they still add some new ones from time to time, but I have the feeling no one dares to gid deeper into this system and they are just glad it's working somehow. Maybe it's a horrible mess of code from the days of old. ;)