Lunafox Rishi House

Lunafox

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Screaming_Ziva! Wow you've been really busy. That's amazing you've done a phenomenal job and in just a short amount of time. Love it. Thank you for sharing it! :D I take it you're not a Rotworm fan? ;)

LOL. Nah, just didn't include the Rotworm lounge.

I did include it in my Stronghold Tour though:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9637038

Thank you all for sharing the work that you have done so far. It certainly helps with ideas for how the stronghold can look. I am in the process of creating mine for RP purposes of a island settlement for a crew of mine. I have their ship mostly finished (the main area is 99% and the skydeck is about 50%). I have linked the main area images for you in an effort to encourage more people who regularly view the forums without posting to share as well!

https://imgur.com/a/RFCFxh1

Enjoy!

Nice work with the decorating, I really enjoy how the Air Carrier feels like a home.

Nice, I thought I'd done a decent job in decorating until I saw all yours :)

Still working on decorating but here's mine so far.

https://imgur.com/xdgqKNl Balcony

https://imgur.com/PmzQBVr Bedroom

https://imgur.com/nrrW0Qi Hall

https://imgur.com/2ZSejNq Planning room

https://imgur.com/3HjlNAP Main room

It's beautiful Serenitty! Wonderful job. I like the balcony for the spa as well. Something about that view while having a soak is irresistible. I like to imagine the night view too, with all the stars...I wish we had day/night cycles or a switch we could press depending on what time of day we want it to be. Really nice, share more when you can!

LOL. Nah, just didn't include the Rotworm lounge.

Ah okie lol. I wondered. It looks great! :)

So many more great screenshots! I've done similar to you Serenitty - I have Theron and Lana placed together in my stronghold as for me, it just seems appropriate that they are there.

Theron & Lana View 1

Theron & Lana View 2

I love your Theron's outfit, it makes his arms look awesome. <3

Nice work with the decorating, I really enjoy how the Air Carrier feels like a home.

Thank you! There is a RP focus to each stronghold I create and this one I am having a lot of fun designing for the character whose carrier it is.

I like the way you think with a post about the picture tours of your strongholds. I was actually working on that last night after I posted these Rishi ones. I have a Yavin Temple that I really like and put together a tour as well. I am not quite as ready as yours are in terms of having them all ready since I still have to take a lot of screen shots, but the idea is a great one nevertheless not only to showcase and give people ideas, but to let people know if a site is available for RP.

Looking good as always Luna! You definitely have an eye for decorating. I bought my stronghold, unlocked the skydeck and a few rooms, but haven't placed a single item. :):D

Thanks Immo :D I like doing it and I can waste hours at it lol. Strongholds are my pvp/ops. I'm glad you bought it and I'm sure in time you'll do something with it, and when you do, I hope you'll post it up. ^^

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

I have spent more $ on "real decorations" in the past few days, than I have EVER spent on anything else in this game...likely more than I've spent on anything else combined...you guys all suck...pressuring me, basically forcing me, to buy more than basic metal chairs, meat trees and junker lights...CURSE THIS THREAD LUNA!!!

Edited by TUXs

Nice, I thought I'd done a decent job in decorating until I saw all yours :)

Still working on decorating but here's mine so far.

https://imgur.com/xdgqKNl Balcony

https://imgur.com/PmzQBVr Bedroom

https://imgur.com/nrrW0Qi Hall

https://imgur.com/2ZSejNq Planning room

https://imgur.com/3HjlNAP Main room

OH i like how you made it look like a home, wish i could afford the decos.

I like to imagine the night view too, with all the stars...I wish we had day/night cycles or a switch we could press depending on what time of day we want it to be. Really nice, share more when you can!

I wish they did it like WoW did. We had night & day cycles in that game. Idk why they can't implement that.

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

I have spent more $ on "real decorations" in the past few days, than I have EVER spent on anything else in this game...likely more than I've spent on anything else combined...you guys all suck...pressuring me, basically forcing me, to buy more than basic metal chairs, meat trees and junker lights...CURSE THIS THREAD LUNA!!!

What decos are you buying Tux?? lol

I am with you. I had 230mil. Bought the stronghold all unlocks. Got my creds back up to 230m. Bought stuff. Think I went back up, but two purchases over the past few days have dropped me down to 196mil... :eek::( And I still need more decos.

Not to mention that place is just overwhelming. So much...I've worked 2 rooms in the Carrier. Placed the PvP arena. Worked in my sun room, and staging room. Started work on the main room in the apartment & placed some random technoligical decos on the huge starship hooks out in the distance...am at 3% I believe.... *head desk* LOL

This is taking more time than Manaan as I can't just get one theme going.

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

If it makes you feel any better, my little son decorated the first combat area with random things he had, cheap decos like the Yavin ruins and dead trees. It looks surprisingly good and I think it will be an interesting space to pvp in when los is reactivated. Then again, I'm not really sure what makes for a good pvp layout...

If it makes you feel any better, my little son decorated the first combat area with random things he had, cheap decos like the Yavin ruins and dead trees. It looks surprisingly good and I think it will be an interesting space to pvp in when los is reactivated. Then again, I'm not really sure what makes for a good pvp layout...

Yeah.. some players appear overly fixated on particular decorations that in reality are not key to great decorating. Clearly they never watch HGTV, or are asleep while watching. :)

In reality... just like in real life... decorating is about a balance of key pieces that effectively "anchor a theme" and you are willing to pay premium for these... followed by filling in all the blanks in a room with lesser items that don't break the wallet.. but still fit into the theme effectively. It's about making small compromises in theme and style to maximize the effect vs the investment.

The outdoor overlook in the Hideout is a great example. It makes a lot of sense to set a theme with dropping down a Spa.... but everything beyond that is secondary and does not need to be expensive and rare decorations at all really.

Same goes for creating a "bedroom". You need to select and apply a nice bed, maybe some storage drawers... but the rest is secondary and used to fill out the room and create support for the theme of it being a place to relax and retire.

Lighting is an example of where I think people get way too carried away. Basic and readily available lights actually can and do work well in a lot of room themes... and cost almost nothing to gather up in quantity. At the end of the day... first and foremost.. overhead lights need to create the lighting mood... and do not need to be rare and expensive unless you are into chandeliers or something like that. Accent lights.... mostly I still use the basic light from the vendor that plop into small wall positions. Note: I did see a couple bugs with the Hideout rooms in that some overhead lights did not appear to properly apply lighting below.. but was easily addressed by switching to another light type.

Edited by Andryah

Lighting is an example of where I think people get way too carried away. Basic and readily available lights actually can and do work well in a lot of room themes... and cost almost nothing to gather up in quantity. At the end of the day... first and foremost.. overhead lights need to create the lighting mood... and do not need to be rare and expensive unless you are into chandeliers or something like that. Accent lights.... mostly I still use the basic light from the vendor that plop into small wall positions. Note: I did see a couple bugs with the Hideout rooms in that some overhead lights did not appear to properly apply lighting below.. but was easily addressed by switching to another light type.

See I will disagree with you there lightly, the basic junker lights don't fit well with themes that are a bit on the nicer scale. Even if they compliment lighting wise, they can still stand out like a sore thumb.

I try to decorate mine for functionality. Nothing absurd or too full or chaotic. That's just not my style. lol

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

*huggles TUXs* I'm so happy for you! Getting more decorations; sounds like you're getting interested and into it a bit. Little by little that's how it starts and continues with little upgrades along the way. There is no pressure. In fact, decorating is quite the opposite. It's so Zen some people might demand to check for a pulse. It's supposed to be relaxing. I look forward to seeing your place if you decide to post and I'm patient, so there is no need to hurry. Try to have fun <3

I wish they did it like WoW did. We had night & day cycles in that game. Idk why they can't implement that.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to do. Age of Conan had them too and it was great. You couldn't even do some quests unless it was day or night. They were specific to the time of day.

There is no pressure. In fact, decorating is quite the opposite. It's so Zen some people might demand to check for a pulse. It's supposed to be relaxing.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to do. Age of Conan had them too and it was great. You couldn't even do some quests unless it was day or night. They were specific to the time of day.

Hmm I don't know about that for me, Luna. I did my Manaan one, granted it was for our guild competition so I did have to have it done by a certain date, but I also had a whole theme to work for. I think I did it nicely but getting it all so it looked just right can be not so relaxing.

Oh now that's interesting. WoW didn't have that, when I played at least. You could do quests whenever, but that would be a fun implementation.

Hmm I don't know about that for me, Luna. I did my Manaan one, granted it was for our guild competition so I did have to have it done by a certain date, but I also had a whole theme to work for. I think I did it nicely but getting it all so it looked just right can be not so relaxing.

Oh now that's interesting. WoW didn't have that, when I played at least. You could do quests whenever, but that would be a fun implementation.

Well, I have to concede on that Zen business a little bit, I know it gets frustrating when the hooks don't do what you want them to do, even after days of trying. I should say for the most part, it's relaxing, but it's true, that it's not without its challenges as well. :D That sounds exciting what you mentioned about a competition for the guild, was it to decide who would decorate it?

I despise WoW with the flaming passion of a thousand suns, it was the one game I could never get into, I think my highest level was like...25 lol. But the cycles and even tuning some of the quests to be done at that time is very cool when I played in Age of Conan. :D

Luna,

Not sure I should say thank you or be mad at you. Because of that stone wall you use, I had to get some for DK and redoing the main room upstairs with the stone walls around and the new sith decorations.

:o <----------me being a bit sheepish. Um, well, I'd really like it if you weren't mad at me :D I'm glad that you like the stone wall and were inspired enough to run with it. Your idea sounds fantastic, and I think the new Sithy decorations will be a stunning contrast with it. Please share your screenies, when you have it sorted. I can see it in my head and I think you'll be very happy with it. I'd just like to see the real deal to confirm what I'm imagining :D

Edited by Lunafox

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

So far I've spent 185 million just on decos alone, just since the Rishi house dropped. :( At this rate I'm going to be in the poor house soon.

Honestly, I wish there was a better decoration system. Too many decorations are just stupid rare or non existent in games. This leaves players with very little choice, and makes a lot of strongholds look the same, iif they haven't been abandoned due to lack of decos. Plus, not a lot of people can afford the typical 10-20M PER DECO from the GTN. The devs need to make a collection system for them, or treat them like the do for guilds.

:o <----------me being a bit sheepish. Um, well, I'd really like it if you weren't mad at me :D I'm glad that you like the stone wall and were inspired enough to run with it. Your idea sounds fantastic, and I think the new Sithy decorations will be a stunning contrast with it. Please share your screenies, when you have it sorted. I can see it in my head and I think you'll be very happy with it. I'd just like to see the real deal to confirm what I'm imagining :D

Here is what I started. I started it last night and discovered I need more of those decoration p.

https://imgur.com/a/gsUOeKf

Edited by casirabit

So far I've spent 185 million just on decos alone, just since the Rishi house dropped. :( At this rate I'm going to be in the poor house soon.

Honestly, I wish there was a better decoration system. Too many decorations are just stupid rare or non existent in games. This leaves players with very little choice, and makes a lot of strongholds look the same, iif they haven't been abandoned due to lack of decos. Plus, not a lot of people can afford the typical 10-20M PER DECO from the GTN. The devs need to make a collection system for them, or treat them like the do for guilds.

I do agree with this. While I understand the Cartel Market gives them a lot of money one of the things I appreciate about Nathema is how often it drops decorations, and how cool they are. I hope they keep doing this type of reward-system for decorations.

Holy crap lol - I'll stop whining :o

I don't know what it is about this stupid house that makes me "want" to decorate the damn thing...I haven't had that desire with any other house yet, so I'm still gonna blame Luna for starting this thread and piquing my interest. ;)

Holy crap lol - I'll stop whining :o

I don't know what it is about this stupid house that makes me "want" to decorate the damn thing...I haven't had that desire with any other house yet, so I'm still gonna blame Luna for starting this thread and piquing my interest. ;)

I just hit the deco limit wall. I'm totally capped out, but I still have one big open area section to decorate, so now I'm going back through trying to find stuff to remove :(. I wish Rishi had like 100 more total deco count. In fact, I wish the devs sold deco count expansions in the cartel market for us so that we can make the strongholds that we truly envision.