Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One time password......

RiChess
07.20.2018 , 10:45 PM | #1
Why are the email times so long? Sometimes I've had it come in seconds, other times (like now) I've been waiting for a good half hour+. Why is it so variable... My request is coming in at 1am EST, there should be next to no server traffic, but here I am sitting on my *** waiting for an email that should be near instant.

I just want to play.
70- Sniper 70- Mara
70- Merc 70- Juggy
70- Sin 70- PT
70- Op 70- Sorc

RiChess
07.20.2018 , 10:52 PM | #2
Update: I got impatient after about 40min and tried to login again for a new email. 10min later I get a passcode that is invalid. So now I wait for another 30-40min for another code.
70- Sniper 70- Mara
70- Merc 70- Juggy
70- Sin 70- PT
70- Op 70- Sorc

JediQuaker
07.21.2018 , 11:06 AM | #3
Like everything on the internet, e-mail doesn't just go directly from BW to you. It passes through various servers and e-mail routers. One of the servers along the way could be having a backlog or is being flaky, or the NSA hasn't had a chance to read it yet.

Hebruixe
07.21.2018 , 11:13 AM | #4
I've had a lot of trouble lately with this as well. The damn passwords take forever to arrive sometimes and are inevitably expired by the time I use them. Very frustrating.
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

Andryah
07.21.2018 , 01:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Like everything on the internet, e-mail doesn't just go directly from BW to you. It passes through various servers and e-mail routers. One of the servers along the way could be having a backlog or is being flaky, or the NSA hasn't had a chance to read it yet.
Yep.

OP... get a security key attached to your account, and you do not need the OTPs. This is nor rocket science and is completely within your ability to mitigate and remove it as an issue. And NO.. you do not need a cellphone to use the security key apps.. they can be used on a PC.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.