Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

gamephil
07.20.2018 , 10:30 AM | #2121
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Actually all my DS characters become more neutral once they start KOTFE, because honestly taking every DS choice does not fit well in that story for me, because then you're a bloodthirsty idiotic tyrant wannabe
I just loved that description. It is so true. I've had a couple of all DS characters that were pretty much all-in on being awful people, but I never got the feeling that they were idiots before KotFE. Some times, a choice to be bad was just too stupid and I'd take the neutral one, but not in the same way as the new expansions from what I've seen.

Goreshaga
07.20.2018 , 10:44 AM | #2122
Quote: Originally Posted by gamephil View Post
I just loved that description. It is so true. I've had a couple of all DS characters that were pretty much all-in on being awful people, but I never got the feeling that they were idiots before KotFE. Some times, a choice to be bad was just too stupid and I'd take the neutral one, but not in the same way as the new expansions from what I've seen.
I played it only once going full DS with a lvl 65 SW token, and gosh, the guys ended up being so stupid that i felt really bad going through KOTET like that...
I don't even know how anyone in a right state of mind would think that letting the guy lead the Alliance would be a good idea to begin with, and then when same leader goes on a rampage on civilians and even his own followers, nobody think that still following him might not be very clever ?

So now, i just take the DS choices that don't feel like my character is an idiot.
Well i don't take LS choices when they feel stupid or like my character is like a Bisounours (Care Bear for english speakers), they may be LS but they're no fools either.

gamephil
07.20.2018 , 11:07 AM | #2123
From @black_vinil, hopefully I'll get it right this time. I am just the postal service:

Quote:
Vaylin is worthy to be redeemed and whether it was possible to save her? - that's 2 different questions .

First - the discussions about redemption can go on indefinitely, because people never come to one consensus and it is their right. The same with Arcann - he can be redeemed, but I'm absolutely sure there, will always be those who consider him to unworthy of redemption.

Second - 9 chapters of KOTET - this enough to buy out Arcann, because his path\story\motivation has been fully shown (although where was this bald "onepunchforbrother man" from 2 to 6 chapters - it is not known, this was not shown to us, BUT this not enough to give such an opportunity to Vaylin - because of the compressed timeline of the plot and quick of the narrative, her story buildi so tragically one-sided - it's not fair but it's already not be changed.

But I am sure that it is not too late, and we can compensate for this loss with this opportunity -

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...et_companions/

So let's do it, shall we? And about disputes can be to speak forever

Paulsutherland
07.20.2018 , 03:10 PM | #2124
Quote: Originally Posted by gamephil View Post
From @black_vinil, hopefully I'll get it right this time. I am just the postal service:
Promoted to the Order of Zildrog's mail division I see.

I'm all for purchasing characters as companions as I said in the thread.

fishpeople
07.21.2018 , 01:49 AM | #2125
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
I played it only once going full DS with a lvl 65 SW token, and gosh, the guys ended up being so stupid that i felt really bad going through KOTET like that...
I don't even know how anyone in a right state of mind would think that letting the guy lead the Alliance would be a good idea to begin with, and then when same leader goes on a rampage on civilians and even his own followers, nobody think that still following him might not be very clever ?

So now, i just take the DS choices that don't feel like my character is an idiot.
Well i don't take LS choices when they feel stupid or like my character is like a Bisounours (Care Bear for english speakers), they may be LS but they're no fools either.
I don't pick the options base on force alignment, normally I'll look for the once that makes the most sense to the character I'm on at the time. There have been a few scenarios when both options in the dialog wheel have made me think my characters intelligence rapidly dropped.

Goreshaga
07.21.2018 , 02:36 AM | #2126
Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
I don't pick the options base on force alignment, normally I'll look for the once that makes the most sense to the character I'm on at the time. There have been a few scenarios when both options in the dialog wheel have made me think my characters intelligence rapidly dropped.
I usually do that too, but at the time i only played KOTFE/ET with mostly LS characters and wanted to see the DS path.

But i really don't like when you only have 1 LS choice and 1 DS and none of them really fit with the character

gamephil
07.21.2018 , 07:24 AM | #2127
Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
Neither do I, but there are a lot of options that you can't really tell what the result will be until after you select it, so I'll go through and go, "This character is awful, so I'll take the DS choice" and when I see what the result is, if I think it is out of character I'll back out and try another. I think that the Knights Of expansions just have more than the usual percentage of those, honestly on both extremes of the alignment system.

Paulsutherland
07.23.2018 , 02:18 AM | #2128
Barsen'thor here ... apparently I forgot my magical cube healing thing during the entirety of KOTFE/ET ... though in fairness I did forget I was the Barsen'thor until the dude from the previous chapter addressed me ... though Theron killed him then blamed me for it.

JakRoanin
07.23.2018 , 06:43 AM | #2129
I love my JC but the fact I lost that special Healing ability MAKES ME CRAZY! It would have added such dimension to running KOTE/KOTET.

fishpeople
07.23.2018 , 07:06 AM | #2130
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Barsen'thor here ... apparently I forgot my magical cube healing thing during the entirety of KOTFE/ET ... though in fairness I did forget I was the Barsen'thor until the dude from the previous chapter addressed me ... though Theron killed him then blamed me for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
I love my JC but the fact I lost that special Healing ability MAKES ME CRAZY! It would have added such dimension to running KOTE/KOTET.
Sounds like the Barsen'thor was on a low budget.