Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the Significance of your Forum Signature?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the Significance of your Forum Signature?

Hebruixe
07.20.2018 , 05:40 PM | #21
I main a healer. I like to encourage gameplay that makes my life easier.
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

SithKoriandr
07.20.2018 , 08:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Great quote. Stephen Fry is awesome, love him to bits and especially in V for Vendetta, one of my favs. ^^
It is and he is. Though I did have some people tell me they found my quote offensive.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Damask_Rose
07.20.2018 , 08:03 PM | #23
I used to have a link to my husband's YouTube tutorials, but he has been too busy to keep producing new content, so I took it off.

I also used to have my referral link, but when I dropped down to preferred, that seemed pointless. Not that anyone used it anyway

For awhile I kept up a reminder that we were promised meaningful reunions with our companions which we haven't gotten. But again, that seemed pointless.

So now I have links to collages of my many, many alts. I don't think anyone has ever checked them out, but they make me happy

And Stephen Fry will always be Jeeves to me.

Ayushman
07.20.2018 , 08:34 PM | #24
My signature is what I picked up from players during a Civil War pvp match.
Reps captured two turrets early and one of our stealth went afk. So another player called out to him/her.
Player: are you just going to sit and loose?
Afker: yep. cant win this one with reps having healers.
Player: we must try our best.
another player: do or dont, there is no try.
afker: is it mean you are saying I s*ck badly??? you did not meant that.
I: LOL
well...we actually won that match very narrowly as that afker and another player were able to cap another node and I get to pick up my signature. LOL
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer?Click to know more.

Tenacity
07.20.2018 , 08:54 PM | #25
Just my character's names, really.
--- Lynx - Powertech Mercenary - Rashkah
Telbasta - Sniper - Operative - Maihos
Leonin - Gunslinger - Scoundrel - Arshia ---
-- Pakhet - Sorceror - Juggernaut - Sorthak

denavin
07.20.2018 , 09:08 PM | #26
What I think is the best exchange between Hk-55 and Z0-OM in Shroud of Memory...
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

kodrac
07.20.2018 , 09:59 PM | #27
Who doesn't like free server transfers? Amiright?
No more free 7 days for you and nothing for me!

casirabit
07.20.2018 , 10:00 PM | #28
The first:

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

I was looking for a unique signature when I first joined, something that reflected my character. I believe a lady should be classy and fabulous in the way she carries and presents herself.

In arguing, while we all argue, there is a way to do it that still reflects you are a lady. (I will probably catch some flack for this.) I was raised that you can argue without using curse words and for the most part I do that. (Though sometimes I will say damn). For me it also reflects my personality. I rarely raise my voice when I am upset. I am the type when I am upset that I will go to my room, shut the door and lay down and cry until I feel better. I found that yelling rarely accomplishes much.

The second:

If you like redheads click my Referral link

Well I am a redhead so that one is just for fun.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Lunafox
07.20.2018 , 11:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I used to have a link to my husband's YouTube tutorials, but he has been too busy to keep producing new content, so I took it off.

I also used to have my referral link, but when I dropped down to preferred, that seemed pointless. Not that anyone used it anyway

For awhile I kept up a reminder that we were promised meaningful reunions with our companions which we haven't gotten. But again, that seemed pointless.

So now I have links to collages of my many, many alts. I don't think anyone has ever checked them out, but they make me happy

And Stephen Fry will always be Jeeves to me.
You've got some hawt looking toons! And though I didn't see Lorreena tonight, I now know what she looks like! You should be very proud, they look great. ^^

Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
The first:

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

I was looking for a unique signature when I first joined, something that reflected my character. I believe a lady should be classy and fabulous in the way she carries and presents herself.

In arguing, while we all argue, there is a way to do it that still reflects you are a lady. (I will probably catch some flack for this.) I was raised that you can argue without using curse words and for the most part I do that. (Though sometimes I will say damn). For me it also reflects my personality. I rarely raise my voice when I am upset. I am the type when I am upset that I will go to my room, shut the door and lay down and cry until I feel better. I found that yelling rarely accomplishes much.

The second:

If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Well I am a redhead so that one is just for fun.

You know, your quote, has actually served to keep me in check at times when I feel a bit of nastiness or frustration coming on. I remember your sig and think, yeah...I need to be classy and fabulous!

ImmortalLowlife
07.21.2018 , 01:25 AM | #30
Well there's a referral link for anyone who wants to use it. I appreciate anyone who's ever clicked on it wether they subbed or not.

As for the quote....
I'm a big fan of the old "Legends" EU. And one of my favorite storylines from there was the fall of Jacen Solo to the dark side. He had traveled to the old Jedi temple with Vergere and she told him....

Quote:
''You see .... but you do not see. Jacen .... why would the Jedi Council build its temple upon a nexus of the dark side?'
'No guessing. The answer is .... simple. They wouldnt.'
What you feel is the Force. This is the shameful secret of the Jedi: There is no dark side.
'The Force is one, Jacen Solo. The Force is everything, and everything is the Force. I have told you already, the Force doesnt take sides. The Force doesnt even have sides.'.....search your feelings. You know this to be true. The force is one.'

'Light and dark are no more than nomenclature: words that describe how little we understand... 'What you call the dark side is the raw, unrestrained Force itself: you call the dark side what you find when you give yourself over wholly to the Force. To be a Jedi is to control your passion - but Jedi control limits your power. Greatness - true greatness of any kind requires the surrender of control. Passion that is guided, not walled away. Leave your limits behind.... 'If your surrender leads to slaughter, that is not because the Force has darkness in it, but you do... 'The only dark side you need fear, Jacen Solo, is the one inside your own heart.'
Reading that forever changed my understanding of the force. The darkness you need fear is inside your own heart.... so there is no light side, there is no dark side..... there is only the force.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!