Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I really don't like Lana anymore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I really don't like Lana anymore

Lunafox
07.20.2018 , 03:13 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Maybe we can force push her off the side of the Odessen base?
So she can join the crumpled dead heap that is Vaylin?

Paulsutherland
07.20.2018 , 03:40 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
At the rate my bloodlust is growing we might as well rename that part of the base the corpse balcony.

kodrac
07.20.2018 , 05:26 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I am sick of the way how certain companions seem to be put above others and people threw a temper fit because someone wants the same treatment that a lot of us had to endure but oh well your companion is more special than anyone else, aren't' they?
Hence my mockery of all the love threads and the cat fights they cause in other threads Requests threads or roadmap threads (and this one, after reading the last 6 pages). The claws always come out when someone's pet companion is or isn't mentioned. My companion is better than yours! No mine is! No mine is! You're a doody head! No you are! It's all very childish. It's someone else's story and you're (non for some) fictional love interests and preferences have no bearing on any of it. We're all just passengers here.
No more free 7 days for you and nothing for me!

Nefla
07.20.2018 , 05:49 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Good idea, but we should burn both carcasses soon, their rotting corpses stink almost as much as their personalities

JakRoanin
07.20.2018 , 05:51 PM | #175
In a sunshine and rainbows world they would have NEVER introduced Kill or Banish options, but they DID! If that's the way it's going to be there should be no safe zone for any comp. Let the player decide who they wish to keep or not for everyone. If they really wanted a truly linear story then they shouldn't have shot the bullet to begin with. All or nothing is the only way everyone is equal.

Nefla
07.20.2018 , 06:42 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
In a sunshine and rainbows world they would have NEVER introduced Kill or Banish options, but they DID! If that's the way it's going to be there should be no safe zone for any comp. Let the player decide who they wish to keep or not for everyone. If they really wanted a truly linear story then they shouldn't have shot the bullet to begin with. All or nothing is the only way everyone is equal.
Well, I think in a sunshine and roses world they would have written each choice as a fully expanded and fleshed out thing rather than erasing characters that have a kill option from existence. For example Bethany and Carver in DA2 or Ashley and Kaidan in Mass Effect. It's hard for me to believe that with all the subscription fees and CC purchases they don't have enough resources to make little tidbits here and there with various characters such as if Vette is alive, have her be the one to tell you about the abandoned imperial listening post and if not it's Hylo like it is in the actual game, just little things to still include the characters that have a kill option. I really do feel like SWtOR is being sucked dry and the income produced by this game isn't going back into it but is being sucked over to Anthem.

SithKoriandr
07.20.2018 , 08:00 PM | #177
There is no equal. Equal went out the door a long time ago. Killing off Lana or any companion is not going to make anything equal.

It can't be equal, when every player can get Kaliyo as a companion, but only the Inquisitor can get Ashara.

This goes for all the companions that don't go to everyone and the ones who do.

So there's no point in "It's only equal" when really what is meant to be said is "I hate seeing my favorite killable, so let me kill someone elses favorite."

At least be honest about it
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

fishpeople
07.21.2018 , 01:21 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Hence my mockery of all the love threads and the cat fights they cause in other threads Requests threads or roadmap threads (and this one, after reading the last 6 pages). The claws always come out when someone's pet companion is or isn't mentioned. My companion is better than yours! No mine is! No mine is! You're a doody head! No you are! It's all very childish. It's someone else's story and you're (non for some) fictional love interests and preferences have no bearing on any of it. We're all just passengers here.
Skadge is the best companion ever and the community want a romance option with him / it.

JakRoanin
07.21.2018 , 07:14 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post

So there's no point in "It's only equal" when really what is meant to be said is "I hate seeing my favorite killable, so let me kill someone elses favorite."

At least be honest about it
I'm sorry but that is most certainly not what I meant!

SithKoriandr
07.21.2018 , 09:15 PM | #180
I'm sorry but that is most certainly not what I meant!
Sounds it.

They can kill my fave, so I want to kill theirs, it's only fair.

Like I said, fair went out the door a long time ago.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry