Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it gives you the pop-up box that asked you to enter a new name... just enter a new name, your name is taken on that server.

If you have the gibberish name and no pop-up box comes up, when you click play on that toon, the CS has been asking peeps to send an in game ticket.

Nope, no pop up just goes into the game with that as their name. So I should make an in game ticket? Man I hope they get to them sooner then later! I hate seeing the gibberish there.

Currently I have 2 characters locked and unable to transfer over. Both characters have not been transferred to the PTS previously.

I also have 2 characters that were successfully transferred, though I can not change there names from the random names OIJKBKJGLIUH or whatever the equivalent is.

All other characters were transferred successfully, and name changes possible.

Just tried to transfer my toons over and found that after u have filled up the 12 slots any other toons transferred failed and became locked i have done at least 6 successful ones yet the others are locked out just as i have filled up all the slots if that helps Edited by frmgod

My characters all seem to have transferred ok.

Of course I lost the main character name I use on nearly every MMO I've ever played, that I HAD on west coast servers from release until I transferred to the APAC servers...

But since I'm being forced to move back and someone else has taken the name in the mean time, on all the west coast servers, I guess I just have to suck it up. That's not going to annoy me every time I go to log in at all.

Not like I've games to play that aren't annoying to log in to.

Awesome example of customer focus and community relations.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, quick update:

If you were one of the people who ran into the issue that when you first went into the character copy tool that some of your characters were displaying as *locked* due to PTS, you should now be able to transfer! I do want to note that if you tried to transfer a non-locked character today and it failed, you may still be in a stuck state as these are two separate issues.

I will give you more updates as I have them.

Yes, my previously locked toons are open now. All but 1.

It was open to transfer before, but it failed after i tried it. Now its still stuck on Darnala and says locked.

I suspect the transfer failed as i had filled up all my character slots on destination server with name placeholders.

Could someone please fix this?

also says The Harb server is unavailable. Is this to prevent the full character slot issue?

Edited by SupaHsuB

Could someone with a toon on their original server and on a new server please answer a question for me?

Do your toons on the original server have the class buffs of those that were transferred off? Also, do the toons on the new server have the class buffs of the toons on the original server?

If you were one of the people who ran into the issue that when you first went into the character copy tool that some of your characters were displaying as *locked* due to PTS, you should now be able to transfer! I do want to note that if you tried to transfer a non-locked character today and it failed, you may still be in a stuck state as these are two separate issues.

Heya Eric,

yep i was in this boat regarding character transfers for toons which i had previously copied to the pts, and the toons in question have just unlocked themselves and are free to be moved to another server. However, one of the previously locked toons i tried to transfer failed to copy, and as a result is now locked again. I've tried deleting my cookies and my cache (something which i've discovered helps to resolve issues when character 'checking' gets stuck) but it hasnt resolved the issue of my newly-locked character :p

Could someone with a toon on their original server and on a new server please answer a question for me?

Do your toons on the original server have the class buffs of those that were transferred off? Also, do the toons on the new server have the class buffs of the toons on the original server?

answered this for you in the original thread.

short answer = yes.

Edited by Antiskeptic

Thanks for getting it fixed! It currently says the server is unavailable to transfer to now but will try again later.

Yes to all.

Server consolidation in 60days?!?! That is way too long. With the server lock in place players on APAC will probably be starting to have visible population related issue within 3 weeks.

Practically forcing us to all use manual transfers, on top of needing most ppl to rename their toons, is gonna make guild relocations soooo messy :mon_evil:

And what is gonna happen to Guild bank tabs (the tabs not the items, I know we already will have to use pack mule toons)? Do we have to submit a whoie slew of tickets to restore them?

Edited by SplatterPaw

Thanks for getting it fixed! It currently says the server is unavailable to transfer to now but will try again later.

Hmmm.. was about to transfer my last tiny toon before the final push with my big toons from Dalb to Harb ... and "server unavailable".

bummer. :rak_02:

Eric,

I know your busy atm, but I am wondering what are we supposed to do about our transfered toons that have auto renamed into gibberish letter combinations? Eg. "XXMYSOHUDJ..." (With a name like that its like I a walking robot) - I have 2 and I cant rename them. All other toons I transfered that required a rename, prompted me to give them a new name. It seems 2 of them didnt give me a prompt to rename.

Do we file a support ticket in game as that toon? Or do we wait and it will be fixed soon?

Cheers

I saw a thread in Customer Support that said one should try to restart the client and if that doesn't work you should make a support ticket... Not sure if you should do so on each character or just on one and stating the issue however. Edited by sabbey

I saw a thread in Customer Support that said one should try to restart the client and if that doesn't work you should make a support ticket... Not sure if you should do so on each character or just on one and stating the issue however.

From my experience they don't actually know which toon you submit the ticket from. So I'd just make one ticket.