Get rid of the solo rating system. Go the Fortnite route....

DarthWoad

What he means is that if you are good, you will slowly but steadily climb rating in the long run no matter what.. If you are not, then you will be stuck or go down to the rabbits hole.

But thats wrong though. Even if you are the best player in the game, it's entirely down to chance each game if your teams are good or not. Even if you do the most work, your rating is determined by your other team mates.

In other words some games are lost before they start, but you absolutely must bring out the maximum of the winnable ones, ie... you must make a difference.

Exactly, that is the problem with solo ranked. Some games are won or lost before they start. How exactly is that fair on your solo rating? Sometimes you can't make a difference.

You seem to stress yourself too much over it, which isn't very good.... You will suck even more if you are stressed, believe. If you can't climb that much, just keep farming the comms and you will buy the same rewards as the others.

That's what other people are doing....they just want to farm comms, hence their effort in ranked is reduced, therefore other peoples elo goes down due to a loss.

Keep in mind that the rewards were again very poor, and imo.. it isn't really worth it to be a try hard in SR now. The rewards were sub mediocre. Have fun, it's a game after all.

The rewards are poor yeah, i don't think anyone really cares about them. I am just putting forward the argument of scrapping th system entirely to make it better.

SO basically reward the only the people that can devote 8 hrs a day 7 days a week. Hate to break it to you the causal player base isn't just teenagers living in mom and dad's basement. Most of us have lives out side of the game such as work, kids, chores etc etc. So you want to alienate the casual player base and cater to the minority, I don't think that will fly to well with the casual player.

SO basically reward the only the people that can devote 8 hrs a day 7 days a week. Hate to break it to you the causal player base isn't just teenagers living in mom and dad's basement. Most of us have lives out side of the game such as work, kids, chores etc etc. So you want to alienate the casual player base and cater to the minority, I don't think that will fly to well with the casual player.

So you'd be okay with all players to have infinite credits, because people who play less won't have as many credits as someone who plays more? :rolleyes:

Yellow is correct.RNG can only go so far.Over the course of hundred games it will balance out.

It's like the flip of the coin.You can be unlucky for a few flips but if you flip it 1000 times it will look more like a 50-50 split.

...I had 8 dps golds in solo ranked last season...

Damn, you have alot of time to spare!

Then you'd agree with me its entirely down to chance.

If you go to the leaderboards and start checking out past seasons, you'll notice that the, say, top 50 of each class has a lot of the same names repeated every season. Since your rating is entirely based on chance, aren't these just basically some of the luckiest people alive? They should just buy lottery tickets or scratch cards instead of doing solo ranked.

If you go to the leaderboards and start checking out past seasons, you'll notice that the, say, top 50 of each class has a lot of the same names repeated every season. Since your rating is entirely based on chance, aren't these just basically some of the luckiest people alive? They should just buy lottery tickets or scratch cards instead of doing solo ranked.

Or they know other players willing to wintrade, are coordinated in voice channels, create disposable characters, and on and on. This is the first season that BW seems interested in ranked PvP and keeping it "fair" but thats not going to stop folks from trying the system. Solo ranked though, is much more who you know, than perceived skill. I've seen a -lot- of folks praising themselves, doing really dumb stuff that they wouldn't if they knew who they were playing with.

Win trading, queue syncing, a lot of factors come into place

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, but it's taken them up to season 9 to permanently ban them... Nothing will save ranked the way it is atm. A change is needed imo.

It's been almost 3 weeks since 5.9.2. Take a look at the solo leaderboads. There's still dozens of wintraders and backfillers at the top and with top 3 spots secure. Many of them already have their gold rewards and are talking to each other in discord wondering when the top 3 rewards come out. The few that got caught in the ban wave didn't even get perma'd - they were simply suspended with all their characters' ratings reset.

The elo system is a joke in this game, along with BW's handling of cheaters and wintraders. I agree wholeheartedly - get rid of it and replace it with a system that will make it so you're not at the mercy of the arrogant PvE'ers queing for s**ts and giggles.

It's been almost 3 weeks since 5.9.2. Take a look at the solo leaderboads. There's still dozens of wintraders and backfillers at the top and with top 3 spots secure. Many of them already have their gold rewards and are talking to each other in discord wondering when the top 3 rewards come out. The few that got caught in the ban wave didn't even get perma'd - they were simply suspended with all their characters' ratings reset.

The elo system is a joke in this game, along with BW's handling of cheaters and wintraders. I agree wholeheartedly - get rid of it and replace it with a system that will make it so you're not at the mercy of the arrogant PvE'ers queing for s**ts and giggles.

You should listen to the latest Badfeeling pod cast with the Devs, about 2/3rds of the way through they discuss wintrading and cheating and how they handle it.

http://badfeelingpodcast.com/audio/podcasts/episode_205_final.mp3

It’s a real eye opener on how they don’t want to punish people. Musco says they don’t believe in it, they prefer to “encourage” people to do the right thing, yadda yadda yadda. (Hippy bull crap)

This is why we have cheating in the game in the first place. Wether it’s wintrading, hacking or exploiting. People know they can do it and never be punished for it. All that will happen is a slap on the wrist at worst. Maybe a 24 hour ban or a rating reset (maybe).

It certainly seems to be Musco’s attitude to cheating.

But I got the feeling that Brett and David were in favour of punishing people for doing the wrong thing. So there is obviously some disagreement behind the scenes on how best to deal with cheats. (They made the comment that maybe it’s because they’re parents and understand that punishments are need as well to deter bad behaviour).

Which makes you wonder, who makes these decisions and why do Bioware have this culture of slaps on the wrist when other game companies just ban the crap out of people caught cheating.

I also think that Musco’s comments are actually detrimental to the whole situation. He basically advertised, “go ahead and cheat, we don’t care enough, we just want your money”.

Eric, just remember next time you get pulled over for speeding to say to the cop, it’s better to encourage me to do the right thing than to punish me with a ticket. How about you give me $20 and I “promise” not to speed again after you drive away :rolleyes:

Life isn’t all rainbow farts and fairy dust, life has consequences, if you do the wrong thing you get punished.

Biowares policy towards cheating reminds me of the new age hippy way that people raise their kids these days.

And you wonder why kids don’t respect each other, the law (rules), property or anything else. (Kind of reminds me of swtor pvp players).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You should listen to the latest Badfeeling pod cast with the Devs, about 2/3rds of the way through they discuss wintrading and cheating and how they handle it.

http://badfeelingpodcast.com/audio/podcasts/episode_205_final.mp3

It’s a real eye opener on how they don’t want to punish people. Musco says they don’t believe in it, they prefer to “encourage” people to do the right thing, yadda yadda yadda. (Hippy bull crap)

This is why we have cheating in the game in the first place. Wether it’s wintrading, hacking or exploiting. People know they can do it and never be punished for it. All that will happen is a slap on the wrist at worst. Maybe a 24 hour ban or a rating reset (maybe).

It certainly seems to be Musco’s attitude to cheating.

But I got the feeling that Brett and David were in favour of punishing people for doing the wrong thing. So there is obviously some disagreement behind the scenes on how best to deal with cheats. (They made the comment that maybe it’s because they’re parents and understand that punishments are need as well to deter bad behaviour).

Which makes you wonder, who makes these decisions and why do Bioware have this culture of slaps on the wrist when other game companies just ban the crap out of people caught cheating.

I also think that Musco’s comments are actually detrimental to the whole situation. He basically advertised, “go ahead and cheat, we don’t care enough, we just want your money”.

Eric, just remember next time you get pulled over for speeding to say to the cop, it’s better to encourage me to do the right thing than to punish me with a ticket. How about you give me $20 and I “promise” not to speed again after you drive away :rolleyes:

Life isn’t all rainbow farts and fairy dust, life has consequences, if you do the wrong thing you get punished.

Biowares policy towards cheating reminds me of the new age hippy way that people raise their kids these days.

And you wonder why kids don’t respect each other, the law (rules), property or anything else. (Kind of reminds me of swtor pvp players).

In other words, they don't have enough people working on the game to actually do something about it that has a real impact... but he cannot say it in public. ;)

In other words, they don't have enough people working on the game to actually do something about it that has a real impact... but he cannot say it in public. ;)

That and they can't afford to perma-ban cheaters with 1 account, let alone cheaters with multiple accounts.

I will say this: It is possible to climb with the current system, but without cheating you need to play enough matches to balance out the 100% lost matches. An exceptional good player might need 200-400 matches whereas a mediocre player will need... a lot more.

So it can be done, but question is whether or not that is fun. I still think a point-based system would be preferable to our bastardized elo-quagmire. A system where losses were not so severely punished, and that people could climb by number of won matches or something similar. Yes it would favor no-lifers who can lose 1500 matches, win 500 matches then then get gold but still... it would be preferable to status quo.

Edited by Lundorff

No, that doesn’t make sense because if they can catch them in the first place and slap them on the wrist, there is no extra work to just make the punishment harsher. ie, ban them back to the Stone Age,

That and they can't afford to perma-ban cheaters with 1 account, let alone cheaters with multiple accounts.

That’s probably closer to the truth now.

But they could have done it in the past when they could have afforded it.

Now it’s just inground into their permanent culture of not punishing people and even those who want to change it can’t cause it’s an institutional problem from the top down.

LOL thats too funny, they dont punish people??

Thats so weak, this game is governed by frailty

I know right:rolleyes:

And they wonder why people hack, cheat and WinTrade.

NO other game that I know of does this.Sure other games have problems too, but they arent opening the doors and basically saying...

“come cheat, it’s cool, we are about acceptance and trying to change your bad behaviour from within... would you like a hug”

Sounds like a bunch of hippy crap or modern day parenting and political correctness gone wrong.

From the latest Badfeeling pod cast.

They said ranked season 10 won’t end till around February next year. Seasons will now start and finish when major content is released. So there will not be specific locked in dates.

They will then have preseasons inbetween seasons to have time sorting through the data to catch cheats before handing out rewards at the “beginning of the new season”

They admitted they didn’t have enough tools in the past to catch the wintraders properly because didn’t fully understand all the ways it was being done (My wording).

They now have several more tools at their disposal to sort through data to try and catch the cheats. That is why it’s taken so long to finalise season 9.

My take from that going forward:

- Preseasons will probably be 1-3 months while they get someone to sort through the data and reports.

- Seasons will be 6 months instead of 3-4 (like they recently said) because they’ve realised how much work there is to go through all that data.

- They haven’t finished going through the data for season 9, so hang on to your panties, more ratings maybe reduced to 1.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've known people both in WoW and TOR who were "permanently suspended" for posting leaks and violating beta tester NDAs only to get emails months or even years down the road begging them to come back and subscribe. I think you'd have to send death threats or aggravate somebody hardcore politically for a permaban to stick in a genre as thirsty as this one.

From the latest Badfeeling pod cast.

They said ranked season 10 won’t end till around February next year. Seasons will now start and finish when major content is released. So there will not be specific locked in dates.

They will then have preseasons inbetween seasons to have time sorting through the data to catch cheats before handing out rewards at the “beginning of the new season”

They admitted they didn’t have enough tools in the past to catch the wintraders properly because didn’t fully understand all the ways it was being done (My wording).

They now have several more tools at their disposal to sort through data to try and catch the cheats. That is why it’s taken so long to finalise season 9.

My take from that going forward:

- Preseasons will probably be 1-3 months while they get someone to sort through the data and reports.

- Seasons will be 6 months instead of 3-4 (like they recently said) because they’ve realised how much work there is to go through all that data.

- They haven’t finished going through the data for season 9, so hang on to your panties, more ratings maybe reduced to 1.

This game is on life support and the plug will be pulled well before any of these tools or systems are implemented.

I'll be very surprised if there is a Season 11.

The system is already in place. You get tokens for playing. Then you can buy the rewards you want. Aside from rank defining flairs and top 3 titles...which in my opinion there should be some separation between the ones who grind tokens and the ones who have high ELO.

Average players on specs that perform well in solo ranked or people playing underwhelming specs are the ones who suffer at the hands of ELO because they're relying on a good team for every win, so they'll fall victim to RNG. The biggest factor and thing I dislike about it, is a good tank or healer can sit in queue and carry teams when less than average healers and tanks are in queue. But most of us just swap to a tank or healer and give ourselves a better shot.

My advice if solo ranked is something you want to succeed in, have a toon that's fully geared in 248 in a well performing spec. If you want to play a harder spec/class, you'll want to watch the queue and wait for tanks and healers to be in the games.