Legacy Race Unlocks

Fallensbane

Getting to level 50 will unlock that character's race for all classes you create thereafter, bypassing the regular class and race restrictions.

Originally looking forward to this quite a bit, until IGN posted their preview and this is apparently how its going to work. I skipped playing certain races because I wanted to have a nice mix on my characters. I really do not want to have to just grind out another 50, roll character race I want on republic then just delete the 50, its a waste of my time and not a worthwhile way to go about this.

We have already sat around with useless legacy levels since launch. Why wasn't it just completely unlocked via legacy levels? Like say you unlock 1 legacy race of your choice to use on any class every 5-10 levels?

I do realize that they also mentioned the ability to 'buy' certain legacy reward unlocks via in-game currency... which once again, just makes me wonder what the point of even linking these to legacy levels is?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should also be mentioned that by the time any of this hits the game, most people will probably have 4-5+ alts at level 20+!!!

Great job dropping the ball BioWare!!

Edited by Walfredo

Like the OP I want variety in my characters. I'd like to make a Sith Jedi or Mirialan Marauder, but since I was planning to make one later I don't have any Sith (race) characters.

If the above is true (purchasing to unlock), that would be nice.

Also what about for those of us who chose a "common" race? I hope there is some benefit for those. My main is a Zabrak, which can already be any class (same goes for Humans).

It should also be mentioned that by the time any of this hits the game, most people will probably have 4-5+ alts at level 20+!!!

Great job dropping the ball BioWare!!

I have three 50's already and working on the fourth, my concern is will I have to delete my alts and reroll them to take advantage of my lvl 32 legacy lvl.

this wont be the only option available concerning legacy, it is a nice plus, tho. And adding a completely new race is a huge patch altogether. New back story, possibly starting world, etc... don't expect your existing alts to be rendered useless or stale, as this is a huge concern for BW I'm sure

To get this clear, so I have a level 50 Zabrak, I need a level 50 sith pureblood to have a sith pureblood sniper? really? So I actually have to grind out a pureblood inquisitor or something to get it? ugh this is going to be annoying. Paying to unlock races? really? :/ microtransactions though ..

I make my equipment judge my alignment, I also make my alignment judge my choices in the story and now I'm making races judge wat i want on certain classes? come on bioware. I'm not payin extra money 15 bucks a month is alot, crappy engine, It's not worth money just to unlock a race.

Also Link pls.

Edited by Jonoku

They defiantly need to implement an option to alter characters already created since it is their fault for the delay

"Oh, you want to race change your zabrak SI into a twi'lek? THAT'LL BE FOURTY-FIVE DOLLARS THANK YOU VERY MUCH"

The saddest part is that there would be so many suckers who'd do it.

To get this clear, so I have a level 50 Zabrak, I need a level 50 sith pureblood to have a sith pureblood sniper? really? So I actually have to grind out a pureblood inquisitor or something to get it? ugh this is going to be annoying. Paying to unlock races? really? :/ microtransactions though ..

I make my equipment judge my alignment, I also make my alignment judge my choices in the story and now I'm making races judge wat i want on certain classes? come on bioware. I'm not payin extra money 15 bucks a month is alot, crappy engine, It's not worth money just to unlock a race.

Also Link pls.

Are you blind? Its been specifically stated that race combos will be bought with IN GAME MONEY, aka credits.

Wow, if this is how they plan to implement the legacy races I am sad. No, actually I will be pissed. I don't give a crap about the races already in...I guess I would be ok with some of the sith specific races being able to be made on republic but I am not going to level an imp AND spend legacy points just to have access. If I wanted to actually play one of the rep races I would have made that race already. This is the ONLY legacy information I was excited about. Another possible homerun that is fail.

edit - I might spend credits but it all depends on how much they plan to screw the average players over.

Edited by Aaoogaa

So 2 questions (I didn't get to watch the stream, homework sucks). Does this mean I can/have to level a Chiss whatever, then I can create a Chiss SI or SW? I'd be really annoyed at the grind involved, wondering how much/if it can be bought as well. Anyone know/watch the stream?

Wow, if this is how they plan to implement the legacy races I am sad. No, actually I will be pissed. I don't give a crap about the races already in...I guess I would be ok with some of the sith specific races being able to be made on republic but I am not going to level an imp AND spend legacy points just to have access. If I wanted to actually play one of the rep races I would have made that race already. This is the ONLY legacy information I was excited about. Another possible homerun that is fail.

edit - I might spend credits but it all depends on how much they plan to screw the average players over.

What? Who ever said anything about spending legacy points? What are legacy points anyway?

I agree with the original poster. I made one of every class and got them all 20 and higher. So now if I want a rattakki jedi I have to wipe a decent lvl character because there are no slots?

I just don't understand why they couldn't say this before they went live. At least to me that would have made sense.

I just don't understand why they couldn't say this before they went live. At least to me that would have made sense.

Assumption on your part =/= dropped ball on Biowares part.

Besides, it was pretty clear in a number of thread here for the last 6 weeks that the logical outcome from Legacy would be new character rolls.