Feeling Nerfed

Cerriphan

:rak_02: Okay, so I have been playing SWTOR for a few months now, and I have been getting the hang of how things operate. I am not new to the MMORPG realms or gaming in general, but man I take a couple of days off come back on and find myself getting totally owned by mobs that would have never even made my toon break a sweat. Here and I thought SOE was the greatest of all the NERF'ing nerfherders in gaming. *** ? :eek: I mean is just me, or are there others out there who are experiencing this phenomena and not just me.

Oh I too have experinced this... I took my geared lvl 55 Assassin to Black Hole to do Torvix on Monday and loved it, then returned yesterday and almost died in EVERY fight... Yes I set my skills, checked my armor rating, had my buffs, and a stim but still my lvl 55 character was getting owned by lvl 50 NPCs... pathetic... couple that with the other Hutt-sized failures of this update and the result... I am taking my subsciption to a game that might be fun to play... so long SWTOR and Bioware!!!

They stated, for months, DPS was going to be lowered - "nerfed". It was probably necessary- dos numbers were getting out of hand. This brought the classes as a whole, back. Iit should also make the content more challenging. Which, in a video game, isn't that why we're here?

Sure it won't be popular - but look at the big picture

The

They stated, for months, DPS was going to be lowered - "nerfed". It was probably necessary- dos numbers were getting out of hand. This brought the classes as a whole, back. Iit should also make the content more challenging. Which, in a video game, isn't that why we're here?

The

I don't think many are complaining about our damage being reduced. Its the fact that mobs are now hitting 1.5x (more in some areas) than they were before. If a fully geared tank can stomp its way on a 50-55 HM Monday than come back Tuesday, do the same HM. and be hit as if they are wearing nothing on just trash mobs What chance do 50s-55s who are in "Recommended" gear with 28-32k + hp have?

-Edit I thought in most games they nerfed (slightly) the older content so the people who were always complaining THIS IS HARD- Now had a chance to complete content while the ones who had no issues went on to the new and better Story/Missions/whathaveyou never seen it go the other way around.

Edited by Yuridia

The

As stated by others, it's not the player DPS decrease that's a problem, but rather an issue with the NPC DPS output.

This evening I was catching up on some of my Chapter 3 storyline so that I could progress my character through Rishi. While running a class quest on Corellia (Axial Park area) I ran past two silver droids and 3 regulars, and even after I pulled aggro, I kept running to my objective letting Treek take them down. Not more than 30 seconds later, and while I was still in the next room, I got the message that Treek had been defeated. I backtracked, and found one silver remaining. next to my defeated Treek.

I'm all for challenging content, but two 48/49 silvers and a couple of regulars used to be no problem for my 55 Treek in (non-augmented) 156 gear. These things now are killing a 57 Treek in fully augmented 172 gear with 34k HP, and they're doing it in under 30 seconds. If they do that to a 172 geared player or companion, what will they do when people face them with on-level blues/greens?

Oh I too have experinced this... I took my geared lvl 55 Assassin to Black Hole to do Torvix on Monday and loved it, then returned yesterday and almost died in EVERY fight... Yes I set my skills, checked my armor rating, had my buffs, and a stim but still my lvl 55 character was getting owned by lvl 50 NPCs... pathetic... couple that with the other Hutt-sized failures of this update and the result... I am taking my subsciption to a game that might be fun to play... so long SWTOR and Bioware!!!

Can I have your gear?

The

being beat down by minions..thats what gaming is all about. the numbers werent even close to getting out of hand. it took wow 10 years to get there. the big picture is that swtor is a business. if they run off too many players, they will be out of business. the devs made a lot of promises..they didnt keep them

Silvers do a lot more damage then they should. Make sure to use your defensive cooldowns when fighting them. That being said Ive noticed they took the power of the elites, and dropped them into the silvers; because I have also noticed that elites are extremely easy to kill now. Edited by Cordarn

The

Agreed DPS was getting too damn high, so they lowered it. I've actually have no problems taking on NPC's but it could be just me

The

Then they should have done the same on NPC's too.

Me, Now longer Hybrid :(

Going to Oricon, H2+ Quest Done is FAR to many times before, no issue.

Sith Lightning Sorcerer, 180 Gear, 156 Artifact Aug, Willpower Stim

Comp, Xalek, Tank Stance, 168/180 Gear, MK-8 Artifact Aug

I get my arse handed to me not once but twice on a single boss mob that I did solo before with gear far worse then I have now. after trying it twice I decided to leave and as so many others before me cancel Sub.

Oricon should in no way be hard to do, since they give you 156 gear as rewards, and with the gear I now how I should still be able to solo all of Oricon, I can't even take down 4 Elite there anymore that I did in the past.

They done so many misstakes with 3.0 I don't care to count them all and mind you, I haven't even tried the NEW content yet, I did focus on Crafters since that what I enjoy, MY misstake, screwed over once more.

This have gone TO far, Nerf us fine, but then you NERF, ALL pre 60 content too......