PVE Tactical - which one?

Dehrro

Hey folks,

so I checked some Guides and nearly all recommend me to get Grit Teeth. But well, umm .. I cant find that one? Did they took it out of the game, or something? So, anyway, now im kinda stuck - which tactical should I take for PVE?

Leviathan's Hide or Hord's Makashi Strike seem to be kinda OK as an alternative?

Best Wishes

Dehrro / Rocco

Using tactical depends on encounter: Hord is better against big single boss, Leviathan against boss+lot of adds, Greet Teeth (crafts by Biochem with schematic from Kai Zykken vendor) when just too hard and healers are weak. Edited by Henyk

Greet Teeth is by far the best tactical for most pve encounters that aren't just a cluster**** of adds so you can maintain the damage reduction from hide, if your healers are terrible and always just overheal you instead of doing offdps you can swap most of your gear towards more DPS focused like decent of the fearless to compensate for their incompetense

lots of pve healers are basically playing like bots and only heal and overheal a lot, once you start playing with better players Grit Teeth can display its full potential but in pugs you can freely use mostly dps gear

you can buy grit teeth from gtn or have a friend craft it for you if they have the schematic

Edited by RikuvonDrake

You can buy Grit Teeth off GTN or have someone craft it for you.

I'd recommend getting all three, since they all have their uses. If there's a lot of adds consistently, then Leviathan's Hide really shines. If you're mostly in danger from big damage spikes Hord's Makashi strike shaves off a nice percentage from all big hits. Grit Teeth is great on fights where you can get value from Enraged Defense, don't have a lot of adds and don't need Hord's Makashi strike. Most of the time I end up running Grit Teeth for its versatility, but there's a couple of fights where Hord's Makashi Strike or Leviathan's Hide really shine.

Quick user guide on Makashi Strike. Because its buff replaces Aegis Assault's buff, timing your Retaliation is key. You want to hold off on using Retaliation until right before you use Aegis Assault everytime, and otherwise never use Retaliation. That way you consume the old Aegis Buff and immediately get it back, so you get both buffs simultaneously.

Hey folks,

thanks for the replies! Good to finally know why the Grit Teeth is missing from the supplies-NPC.

I just bought the Leviathan thingy - should serve me well, till I get Grit Teeth and the other one. :)

Best wishes

Dehrro / Rocco