My Juggernaut is unable to make heroic missions.

Lord_Arawn

Hello to all, I am one of the "new" players of Steam, but already a little experienced as I have 743 hours of game play and already closed it with four classes. When playing with other classes I have been realizing a very annoying problem. The Sith Warrior is my main character, but for some time now, I haven't been able to finish heroic missions with him. He dies easily, usually does very little damage, and his abilities take a long time to load. His attributes are this:

Sith Warrior, Vengeance Juggernaut - nível 75

Item Rating: 282

Mastery 8948, Endurance 11091, Power 5005, Critical 1052, Alacrity 1318, Accuracy 1003, Defense 244, Absorb 0, Shield 0.

Tacticals: Hemophilic Slash

Rotation: Force Charge, Sundering Assault , Impale, Force Scream, Enrage, Ravage, Shatter, Vicious Slash, Ravage, Vengeful Slam, Force Push, Force Charge, Shatter, Impale, Ravage, Force Scream, Hew, Vengeful Slam, Vicious Slash, Saber Throw, Sundering Assault, Enrage

Combat Proficiencies: Payback, Path Carver, Deadly Reprisal, Crushing Fist, Unstoppable, Unshackling Rage, Hardened Defense, Through Passion, Intimidating Presence.

I know that my items are not very good, the current ratting of the game is 300, but it has been very difficult to get good items for this character. I accept suggestions to improve it.

Edited by Lord_Arawn

not being able to complete heroics sounds like more of a DCD knowledge problem.

Are you running your comp as healer?

Do you know your DCDs and what they do? i.e Having 12 stacks of enraged defense, but not using them, is a total waste of an enraged defense. Or using enduring pain and letting it fall off when you're <30% leaves you with 1 hp. Is it a mob with lots of ranged? Throw up a reflect, which works on force, ranged, and tech attacks. Saber ward is powerful DCD, but on a long CD.

In addition to using DCDs, are you using interrupts on channels, stuns, CC (and not breaking it), etc?

Here is a guide from Vulkk's site that should be helpful to you. https://vulkk.com/2019/11/25/swtor-6-0-vengeance-juggernaut-guide-by-anatessia/

Edited by KendraP

not being able to complete heroics sounds like more of a DCD knowledge problem.

Are you running your comp as healer?

Do you know your DCDs and what they do? i.e Having 12 stacks of enraged defense, but not using them, is a total waste of an enraged defense. Or using enduring pain and letting it fall off when you're <30% leaves you with 1 hp. Is it a mob with lots of ranged? Throw up a reflect, which works on force, ranged, and tech attacks. Saber ward is powerful DCD, but on a long CD.

In addition to using DCDs, are you using interrupts on channels, stuns, CC (and not breaking it), etc?

Here is a guide from Vulkk's site that should be helpful to you. https://vulkk.com/2019/11/25/swtor-6-0-vengeance-juggernaut-guide-by-anatessia/

Thanks for answering me, with your answer I see that I still have a lot to learn! I was simply not using Enrage Defense or Enduring Pain, in my rotation there were only damage skills, the exception was Saber Reflect. My companion I leave as healing and it was thanks to him that I saved myself many times. I set up my rotation looking at this site, but I will read it even better, as I believe that you should not be able to use the skills of stuns and CC. I am very new to the game, I started playing in August and I dont have much experience with MMOs. Thanks again!

As a new player in a MMO its always a little difficult in the beginning. Kendra's link from Vulkk is a nice help but mostly for people who like to prepare their characters for the optimal endgame experience (raiding, rated PvP) since he explains what exact stats/tacticals/skillpoints/augments etc you need to use for what exact specc. Things a newer player doesn't really need to know yet, imo. Besides that, 99% of SWTOR's content gets downscaled or scaled in general anyway, so having the best endgame gear is not neccessary anymore, especially if you're just playing solo story or things like that.

Here are a few things that always helps if you're new to the playstyle in MMOs:

•  
  • Don't use your arrow keys on your keyboard. Use WASD (and/or Q and E) and your mouse to move your character.
  • Put the skills you use most of the time and which are essential to your playstyle into your bars and ignore skills you don't bother to use anyway. SWTOR's classes have so many skills but not all of them are really usefull especially in Flashpoints or Operations.
  • Keybind your spells. Most of the time when I see people new in the game they doesn't have their abilities keybinded. Don't click your spells because you always have to focus on your bars and can't see whats actual going on on the screen. Try to learn which spells you have bound to what keybind and have your eyes on your healthbar and on enemys castbar (to see what spell they are about to cast so you can interrupt them) and on your character so you can see when you have to move out of voids for example to avoid damage. Its way easier to have focus on the screen itself rather than to always need to panic because you're not clicking fast enough.
  • Read your abilities and learn what they are doing, especially defensive cooldowns as KendraP already said. Most of them are incredible good (even tho some of them are on a "high" cooldown). For example when you are fighting range mobs, use Saber Reflect (as a Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior).
  • Read the skills on the right side in your skilltree and choose wisely depending on your playstyle (Are you a solo player? Mostly doing Flashpoints or OPs? Or even PvP? Etc). Some of them increase your Utility, Defense Cooldowns or even your Survability.
  • Use your CC abilities as often as possible to avoid damage. Every class has one or more abilities to stun enemies.
  • As Kendra already said: As a Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight for example you have a defensive cooldown that gives you 30% Health for X seconds. Don't use things like that when you have already low health because it will most likely kill you after the CD (when you're still fighting mobs).
  • If you're having problems with staying alive because of reasons switch the role of your companion to heal or tank. Heal is the safest way tho.

Some Heroic Missions are harder than others so don't be sad when you're accidently dying at some point. If you're playing a stealth class then you can always stealth to the objectives and ignore mob groups too.

I hope some of this helps you.

Edited by Jesseriah

I will also point out that your accuracy rating is too low. This means that you will be missing your attacks, and if one of your DoT (Damage over Time) attacks misses, it does not apply the DoT itself. DoTs are a core part of your damage output as a Vengeance Juggernaut. Bosses have a 10% chance to avoid your single target attacks, so you actually need to have 110% accuracy percentage in order to ensure all your attacks hit. You should see if you can sacrifice some of your critical rating in your gear and exchange it for accuracy gear instead, with the goal being to get your accuracy rating higher.

Remember that you can get there part of the way by using a "Proficient" stim. Stims are biochem-crafted items that are consumable, or sometimes reusable, that apply an 8 hour buff to your character. Proficient stims boost your accuracy and your critical rating.

Also, if you have not already done it, finish all of your companion conversations with Broonmark. Doing so unlocks a legacy-wide 1% increase to accuracy percentage. That 1590 target assumes you already have that legacy perk unlocked. You have to complete the Sith Warrior story through the final confrontation, and get Broonmark to around influence rank 10 or so to finish all his conversations. However, if you have already started Knights of the Fallen Empire with your character, you will have to do it on another character. You cannot complete companion conversations once you have started KOTFE. The companions which can unlock that 1% accuracy percentage boost legacy-wide are:

Republic:

Qyzen Fess, Lord Scourge, Bowdaar, Tanno Vik

Empire:

SCORPIO, Skadge, Khem Val, Broonmark

(You only need to do it on one character once to unlock it for the whole legacy.)

So, to summarize:

1) DoTs (Damage over Time) do not land on your target if the attack which applies them never hits your target. Therefore, having a final accuracy percentage of 110% is key, regardless of your character level or gear level.

2) Exchange critical rating gear for accuracy rating gear to get your accuracy rating up, and use a "Proficient" stim biochem consumable to further boost accuracy rating. Sacrifice Alacrity rating too, if you need.

3) Make sure you have completed your companion conversations to unlock the 1% accuracy percentage legacy-wide perk.

4) Assuming you have that 1% perk unlocked, you will need 1590 accuracy rating plus that perk, and that will get you to 110% accuracy.

Edited by phalczen

As a new player in a MMO its always a little difficult in the beginning. Kendra's link from Vulkk is a nice help but mostly for people who like to prepare their characters for the optimal endgame experience (raiding, rated PvP) since he explains what exact stats/tacticals/skillpoints/augments etc you need to use for what exact specc. Things a newer player doesn't really need to know yet, imo. Besides that, 99% of SWTOR's content gets downscaled or scaled in general anyway, so having the best endgame gear is not neccessary anymore, especially if you're just playing solo story or things like that.

Here are a few things that always helps if you're new to the playstyle in MMOs:

•  
  • Don't use your arrow keys on your keyboard. Use WASD (and/or Q and E) and your mouse to move your character.
  • Put the skills you use most of the time and which are essential to your playstyle into your bars and ignore skills you don't bother to use anyway. SWTOR's classes have so many skills but not all of them are really usefull especially in Flashpoints or Operations.
  • Keybind your spells. Most of the time when I see people new in the game they doesn't have their abilities keybinded. Don't click your spells because you always have to focus on your bars and can't see whats actual going on on the screen. Try to learn which spells you have bound to what keybind and have your eyes on your healthbar and on enemys castbar (to see what spell they are about to cast so you can interrupt them) and on your character so you can see when you have to move out of voids for example to avoid damage. Its way easier to have focus on the screen itself rather than to always need to panic because you're not clicking fast enough.
  • Read your abilities and learn what they are doing, especially defensive cooldowns as KendraP already said. Most of them are incredible good (even tho some of them are on a "high" cooldown). For example when you are fighting range mobs, use Saber Reflect (as a Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior).
  • Read the skills on the right side in your skilltree and choose wisely depending on your playstyle (Are you a solo player? Mostly doing Flashpoints or OPs? Or even PvP? Etc). Some of them increase your Utility, Defense Cooldowns or even your Survability.
  • Use your CC abilities as often as possible to avoid damage. Every class has one or more abilities to stun enemies.
  • As Kendra already said: As a Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight for example you have a defensive cooldown that gives you 30% Health for X seconds. Don't use things like that when you have already low health because it will most likely kill you after the CD (when you're still fighting mobs).
  • If you're having problems with staying alive because of reasons switch the role of your companion to heal or tank. Heal is the safest way tho.

Some Heroic Missions are harder than others so don't be sad when you're accidently dying at some point. If you're playing a stealth class then you can always stealth to the objectives and ignore mob groups too.

I hope some of this helps you.

Thanks for all, your tips were really helpful to me. I have already changed my bar a little, adding more defensive skills to it and also enabled a key for each one. To be honest, I'm loving the game, even though I'm getting beaten up a bit, lol!

I will also point out that your accuracy rating is too low. This means that you will be missing your attacks, and if one of your DoT (Damage over Time) attacks misses, it does not apply the DoT itself. DoTs are a core part of your damage output as a Vengeance Juggernaut. Bosses have a 10% chance to avoid your single target attacks, so you actually need to have 110% accuracy percentage in order to ensure all your attacks hit. You should see if you can sacrifice some of your critical rating in your gear and exchange it for accuracy gear instead, with the goal being to get your accuracy rating higher.

Remember that you can get there part of the way by using a "Proficient" stim. Stims are biochem-crafted items that are consumable, or sometimes reusable, that apply an 8 hour buff to your character. Proficient stims boost your accuracy and your critical rating.

Also, if you have not already done it, finish all of your companion conversations with Broonmark. Doing so unlocks a legacy-wide 1% increase to accuracy percentage. That 1590 target assumes you already have that legacy perk unlocked. You have to complete the Sith Warrior story through the final confrontation, and get Broonmark to around influence rank 10 or so to finish all his conversations. However, if you have already started Knights of the Fallen Empire with your character, you will have to do it on another character. You cannot complete companion conversations once you have started KOTFE. The companions which can unlock that 1% accuracy percentage boost legacy-wide are:

Republic:

Qyzen Fess, Lord Scourge, Bowdaar, Tanno Vik

Empire:

SCORPIO, Skadge, Khem Val, Broonmark

(You only need to do it on one character once to unlock it for the whole legacy.)

So, to summarize:

1) DoTs (Damage over Time) do not land on your target if the attack which applies them never hits your target. Therefore, having a final accuracy percentage of 110% is key, regardless of your character level or gear level.

2) Exchange critical rating gear for accuracy rating gear to get your accuracy rating up, and use a "Proficient" stim biochem consumable to further boost accuracy rating. Sacrifice Alacrity rating too, if you need.

3) Make sure you have completed your companion conversations to unlock the 1% accuracy percentage legacy-wide perk.

4) Assuming you have that 1% perk unlocked, you will need 1590 accuracy rating plus that perk, and that will get you to 110% accuracy.

Thanks for all, I already imagined that my accuracy rate was low and maybe, that was the reason I was doing little damage. I will follow your advice, I will go after items that offer more points for accuracy, how many points would you like to reduce my critic?

I have already completed the entire history of the Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular and Trooper, at the moment I am playing with the agent. Will each companion who offers a finished critic in the story, offer me 1% critic, even though they belong to another faction?

Thanks for all, I already imagined that my accuracy rate was low and maybe, that was the reason I was doing little damage. I will follow your advice, I will go after items that offer more points for accuracy, how many points would you like to reduce my critic?

I have already completed the entire history of the Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular and Trooper, at the moment I am playing with the agent. Will each companion who offers a finished critic in the story, offer me 1% critic, even though they belong to another faction?

Every class has five companions which each give one of the 5 different companion bonuses. The bonus is applied to all your characters on the server (legacy wide as it's known in this game) and the same bonus does not stack from multiple sources. Just make sure to have every bonus at least once (though you'll probably naturally unlock them as you do the story on those characters anyway, the companion stories are generally very enjoyable).