Alacrity for Vengeance Jugg in PvP?

Zarmi

Hey everyone.

I just got back to the game a month or so ago after mulitple years of hiatus, and I want to apologise if this topic has already been beaten to death since the beginning of 6.0, but I was unable to find updated PvP information.

I've noticed a lot of things have changed in the game, but I'm wondering what the "best" stat allocation is for Vengeance Jugg in PvP?

I've been experimenting with a 1.3GCD (3206 alac and 1500 crit) and the standard 1.4GCD (1213 Alac and 3500 crit), and I cannot seem to properly conclude which is best in PvP environments (including ranked).

My initial findings suggest that the burst window becomes better by having high alacrity, due to dots ticking faster. Yet at the same time, I'm losing out on crit damage and chance, which impacts the burstier abilities such as Hew, Impale, and Slam.

In essence, I suppose my real question is whether the high crit is a lot better than the high alacrity.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

So I have to ask about your amplifiers, what are you currently using for Veng?

I have found that Force Sensitivity, mixed with Periodic Intensity performs much better for a Veng Jugg. I prefer those two stats much more than Weapon Expertise/ Armor Penetration. More or less, with FS and PI, you are focusing your attention to 1) how hard your slam hits and 2) how hard your burns tick on players affected by the slam (the dot spread).

With FS and PI I try to run around 1400 alacrity and oh, 3200 crit, around there at least. Your burns will crit more often.

Edit: Tactical - I love hemophilic slash for regs. It works great in ranked also if it not the normal dps Jugg tunnel fest. If Jugg dps tunnel fest, use true grit and hope u can stay up long enough to use it.

Edited by Nickodemous

Get alacrity to 1213 then invest the rest into crit and don't forget to up your accuracy to 105%.

I prefer just a tad more alacrity.....my juggs/guardians just feel quicker. I am able to work my rotation more efficiently. I would suggest using the crit stim vs the pwr stim to compensate.

Also, I forgot about acc. It does wonders, less misses.

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone.

I just got back to the game a month or so ago after mulitple years of hiatus, and I want to apologise if this topic has already been beaten to death since the beginning of 6.0, but I was unable to find updated PvP information.

I've noticed a lot of things have changed in the game, but I'm wondering what the "best" stat allocation is for Vengeance Jugg in PvP?

I've been experimenting with a 1.3GCD (3206 alac and 1500 crit) and the standard 1.4GCD (1213 Alac and 3500 crit), and I cannot seem to properly conclude which is best in PvP environments (including ranked).

My initial findings suggest that the burst window becomes better by having high alacrity, due to dots ticking faster. Yet at the same time, I'm losing out on crit damage and chance, which impacts the burstier abilities such as Hew, Impale, and Slam.

In essence, I suppose my real question is whether the high crit is a lot better than the high alacrity.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

In ranked, you should never play a DPS juggernaut.