Optimizing Tank gear for NiM content.

HamadKyron

SO, I've been getting into more NiM Ops recently, but I know for a fact my gear isn't optimized for it yet. My main set is currently fully defensive, since most Story and Vet content gives you Vet Edge stacks, which maxes out my power and mastery without needing any mods for it. The Power isn't capped in NiM content though, so should I be running Lethal B mods over warding mods? In that same vein, I've heard that LoP isn't really worth it as a set bonus, so should I swap my set over to DoF even as a tank, or is it situational?

Thanks in advance for the help.

NiM ops don't have veteran's edge anymore, you're correct about that, but they are still capped, at least everything except Dxun is. Therefore, stacking Lethal B mods is pretty pointless, because your endurance and your power are capped/set.

Since you cannot increase your mastery or power to increase tank dps, you should be able to go full mitigation (i.e. low R# Immunity or Sturdiness enhancements, high R# warding unlettered mods), or hybridize by adding some alacrity to get to 1.4s GCD or a touch of critical chance in your enhancements. You can swap out your color crystals to critical rating as well.

Finally, you can use Descent of the Fearless set, and Armor Penetration amplifiers, to increase your damage output while tanking.

Set bonus: Descend of the Fearless (offensive); one piece Amplified Champion / 4x Undying, 3x Amplified Champion (defensive)

Tactical: Grit Teeth

Amplifier: Armor Penetration (offensive) / Aural Resistance (defensive)^

Stat distribution:

defensive gearing:

• Superior Warding Mods 80B

• Shield => 3255

• Absorb => 3256

offensive gearing:

• Superior Lethal Mods 80B

• Shield <= 3000

• Absorb <= 2500

• 1.4 GCD >= 1213

• rest into crit!

Set bonus: Descend of the Fearless (offensive); one piece Amplified Champion / 4x Undying, 3x Amplified Champion (defensive)

Tactical: Grit Teeth

Amplifier: Armor Penetration (offensive) / Aural Resistance (defensive)^

Stat distribution:

defensive gearing:

• Superior Warding Mods 80B

• Shield => 3255

• Absorb => 3256

offensive gearing:

• Superior Lethal Mods 80B

• Shield <= 3000

• Absorb <= 2500

• 1.4 GCD >= 1213

• rest into crit!

Lethal mods are kinda pointless for anything that's level capped, but you might as well. It's not like the defense really makes a difference anyway.

Also do you really want to run Grit Teeth for NiMs? I rarely find myself really wanting the cooldown of Enraged Defense to be shorter so I'd rather run either something more offensive, or Leviathan's Hide for the 2.5% DR.

Lastly you want weapon expertise rather than armor penetration for damage on Immortal. At least that's the recommendation I seem to find everywhere.

Edited by AdjeYo

Lethal mods are kinda pointless for anything that's level capped, but you might as well. It's not like the defense really makes a difference anyway.

Also do you really want to run Grit Teeth for NiMs? I rarely find myself really wanting the cooldown of Enraged Defense to be shorter so I'd rather run either something more offensive, or Leviathan's Hide for the 2.5% DR.

Lastly you want weapon expertise rather than armor penetration for damage on Immortal. At least that's the recommendation I seem to find everywhere.

true, or you can make multiple sets, I think it's easier tho to gear around maxlevel content and the difference is very small imo

i think so, one of the key reasons tanks think grit teeth is worse is cause their healers keep overhealing them and never letting them use grit teeth, a decent healer would allow the usage of stacks regularly and spend the time offdpsing instead

the difference between weapon exp and armor pen is pretty small, like 1% or something in favor over armor pen so use whatever tbh