Vengeance and Rage Juggernaut/Vigilance and Focus Guardian Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that the JK/SW changes dont include any mention of saber throw being 0m is incredibly worrisome. We know they change the set bonuses all the time and there isnt anything to suggest they wont do it this time.

If saber throw is 10m again, they will likely move the auto-crit to a different ability but that means the rotation for knights and warriors for both damage spec is drastically changed. The burst for both spec requires the auto-crit proccing ability to come before concentrated slice or overhead slash. Thats the case currently with saber throw proccing the auto-crit since saber throw is an opener. If the proccing ability is something else, then the first concentrated slice or overhead slash will not autocrit.

Any burst that focus/rage opener had is now gone.

According to torcommunity, the vindicator set bonus will be as is :

(2) Sundering Assault or Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.

(4) Increases the critical chance of Ravage or Blade Dance by 5%.

(6) Activating Force Scream or Blade Storm will grant Vindicator's Critical Bonus making your next Impale and Furious Strike or Overhead Slash and Concentrated Slice critically hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every minute.

And since bioware didn't say anything about a saber throw range change, it means saber throw will completly drop from guardian's rotation.

That would mean, for focus anyway (not sure about Vigilance, haven't played it in a long time) a damage loss. Maybe not that much, I'm not that good in theorycrafting to calculate this, but I'm pretty sure saber throw does more damage than strike. That plus the pretty bad new passive for a damage spec and I fear a bit for the future of Focus is PVE.

• 1 month later...
extra 5% crit chance on ravage is very bad. A waste of space. Ravage became simply useless in pvp. It's so so weak now it got very low on prioritiy list. It hits with almost the same numbers as it did in 3.0 which is ridiculous. Also I don't like the Force Scream ability proccing the set bonus because it wrecks the burst opener. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Ya... Removing the 0m saber throw just wrecked a big part of our rage generation. I'm tempted to keep the old set bonuses (and possibly even the 180 ravage damage increase I used in 3.0), but the loss in mastery is just too high. Terrible decision. The 10-30m restriction doesn't even make sense. Vicious throw can be used from 0m, why not saber throw?

Ya... Removing the 0m saber throw just wrecked a big part of our rage generation. I'm tempted to keep the old set bonuses (and possibly even the 180 ravage damage increase I used in 3.0), but the loss in mastery is just too high. Terrible decision. The 10-30m restriction doesn't even make sense. Vicious throw can be used from 0m, why not saber throw?

You can use saber throw at 0-30 meters.......

• 9 months later...

The level 65 juggernaut/guardian 2 piece an the 6 piece set bonuses are fine. The 4 piece for juggs and guardians should be more like the marauder/sentinel's current set bonus, which reads "Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds." The 5% ravage crit chance that we currently have is nice, but it is kinda crappy by itself as a set bonus. Since juggs don't have a cooldown similar to Valorous Call or Frenzy, we should keep the 5% ravage/blade dance crit chance and also have a percent damage boost to enrage/combat focus like our marauder/sentinel cousins.

TL;DR

4-Piece: Increase the critical chance of Ravage or Blade Dance by 5%. Additionally, Enrage or Combat Focus Increases all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds.

Edited by Zero_Unlimited

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

VENGEANCE/VIGILANCE

Tactical Suggestions:

• Shatter no longer has a dot, deals all damage up front
  • Enrage makes removes the rage cost of the next 3 abilities
  • Slam increases duration of eviscerate and draining scream by 1.5s
  • Saber throw now applies a (small) dot
  • Ravage deals X% increased damage for each of your periodic effects on the target