Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

I don't know how active this thread still is, but here it goes.

I leveled my Guardian to be a backup tank for my shadow, hit 70 and left her on the side. I've decided to give Vengance a go, went to Dulfy and read the guide and I must say I absolutely fell in love with this Class/Spec.

The rotation once you get it down is fluid and nice to cycle through. On my very first day parsing on this toon and trying the rotation I managed to hit 7.1k in full 230s, now at 232 and my highest parse was 7.4k.

I came here to ask the veteran Guardian players, will the incoming changes nerf us to the ground? I don't mind not being the uber top DPS parse spec, but I mind if the class is viable or not.

Thanks in advance for any reply and special thanks to the author for the effort and sharing of knowledge, your guide made a new Vengance Guardian fan.

P.S: Yes, the junction of the opener with the cycles is not intuitive at first, but consider that the opener ends in the last part of the third cycle. WE end in Vigilant thrust then go > filler > Blade Storm > Plasma Blade > Overhead SLash and take it from the rest of cycle one. Once your brain gets this it's like an epiphany lol.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody. It's been a long time. I still raid, but only about 3-4 times a month. A lot less seriously than before, to be honest. Progression hasn't mattered to me at all, I literally just play to play with friends.

I don't remember the PW to edit the dulfy guide, so I'll just leave this here, the rotation just replaces chilling scream with Ravage, Vicious Slash, Force Push, Force Choke, etc. The piercing chill utility can be whatever (though the devs ****ed up and now we need to grab the AOE DR utility).

I don't read this stuff much anymore, if you seriously need help you can find me at u/rydarus on reddit. I check that frequently since it's on my phone and I can browse the overwatch subreddits on that since that's a game where the devs pretend to care.

If there's another expansion I'll write another guide if dulfy wants, other than that this one will probably remain as is. A lot of the reflect stuff is probably outdated by now.

• 6 months later...
Just picked up the game again for the first time in nearly 3 years lol. Nothing really seems to have changed for veng, going to try and get into some raids in the next few days and get some gear, but even in 224s in still out dpsing most and pulling off all the tanks. Its truthfully been kinda boring though so far