Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Question to all Light-Side Jedi.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
A Question to all Light-Side Jedi.

MatzahMaul
02.07.2012 , 06:27 PM | #1
Do you find it weird that you go around killing so many, yet your story can paint you as peaceful and not lend yourself to violence?

Was just wondering....is all....

Naethion
02.07.2012 , 06:43 PM | #2
hmmm.... I guess you could call it a last resort. Unless you count random mobs in the open world. But I only count those in the quest who will probably kill you if you don't kill them, in which case its self-defense. A Jedi can ask that person to stand down, among other non-aggressive options, but if the person refuses, it really leaves us little choice.
Old newbie on a return pad to his game

MatzahMaul
02.07.2012 , 06:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Naethion View Post
hmmm.... I guess you could call it a last resort. Unless you count random mobs in the open world. But I only count those in the quest who will probably kill you if you don't kill them, in which case its self-defense. A Jedi can ask that person to stand down, among other non-aggressive options, but if the person refuses, it really leaves us little choice.
What about bonus quests? You are killing things for extra xp. Doesn't that count?

Felioats
02.07.2012 , 06:47 PM | #4
If he sees a resource node he wants, LS jedi dismounts to murder people and take their stuff.
>

Naethion
02.07.2012 , 06:55 PM | #5
I wouldn't count Quest mobs, unless I wanted to nit-pick. But the only choice you get in killing or not killing are in the quest cinematics.
Old newbie on a return pad to his game

Vesperr
02.07.2012 , 07:11 PM | #6
The dozen of worlds are filled with enemies, around every corner, on every road, near every resource node, there are enemies. These guys will stand there for hours, waiting for you patiently so they can attack you and probably die like nearby group of enemies you butchered . They actually enjoyed seeing their comrades die at your hand, saw them yelling for help and fighting bravely until every one of them died, they saw it and did nothing because they are patient, they wait for you to come to them so they can kill you.
In this world, filled with xenos and heretic the only path that leads to light is carved through numerous butchered, disemboweled corspes of your enemies...
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

UnleashedSithGod
02.07.2012 , 10:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesperr View Post
The dozen of worlds are filled with enemies, around every corner, on every road, near every resource node, there are enemies. These guys will stand there for hours, waiting for you patiently so they can attack you and probably die like nearby group of enemies you butchered . They actually enjoyed seeing their comrades die at your hand, saw them yelling for help and fighting bravely until every one of them died, they saw it and did nothing because they are patient, they wait for you to come to them so they can kill you.
In this world, filled with xenos and heretic the only path that leads to light is carved through numerous butchered, disemboweled corspes of your enemies...
I've read like, three of your posts and I only have one request: stop posting. Please. PLEASE.

Ryat
02.08.2012 , 12:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MatzahMaul View Post
What about bonus quests? You are killing things for extra xp. Doesn't that count?
If you read the quest log it tells you why you have to kill the bad guys. Usually to help secure a pathway for the innocent or allow supplies to those in need.