Pommel and savage kick issue?

Randytravis

Is anyone else having an issue with these two moves in PvP? Literally it just doesn't allow me to use them. I'm sorry if i am being completely dumb where i missed somewhere you can't use them in PvP but i didn't see anything in the tool tip stating you can't. I know there not some players favorites moves but i like them to use them as there free and still hit for a relative amount. But it just isn't flashing up to use them, i keybind so spamming the key to use and still doesn't. Bug perhaps?

I disagree about the waste of a key binding, I use them all the time, the cool down on the kick is very low and it does over 1300 damage so IMHO its stupid NOT to use them. Why not just kick them immediately after you use Force Charge? they're already immobilized.

leap / kick target, smash ( target another mob while you jump in the air ) / pommel strike. target non-strong non-elite non-boss non-champion mobs... i.e. the weak ones in the back pegging you with pee shooters. 4 globals and 2 targets dead. not a waste. but... the original post was about pvp. so yeah, useless in pvp

I am a mighty fierce Sith Warrior who wields 2 murderous lighsabers simulatneously. That is why my most mighty attacks are a Kick and a Pommel?!? Seriously?

You are a heroic character, who can dispatch lesser enemies with ease...using only a kick or a pommel strike.

Your more potent moves are best saved for the real threats, you know. They guys your pommel strike and Savage Kick don't work on.

You are a heroic character, who can dispatch lesser enemies with ease...using only a kick or a pommel strike.

Your more potent moves are best saved for the real threats, you know. They guys your pommel strike and Savage Kick don't work on.

Heroic? Only if you are using the Ancient Greek interpretation of the word. I suppose they work fine for a Jedi Knight (although I doubt all of them like it). A quick stab in the heart (do a little behind the back stab for style), or a force neck-snap would be more appropriate for a Sith Warrior to use when slaughtering fodder. A kick or a pommel strike just seem more like sudden weak attacks to throw your opponent off-balance so that you can swoop in for the kill.

my rotation is to use saber throw, then charge(and I have a one second window to use savage kick on most mobs because of charge). Because of my spec and build I use smash next then shout and any other attacks....

I can solo a silver and be at 97-100% health and against golds 80-100% health without companion. Shout gives me damage bubble and is free after charge.

Another tip is you can force push and then charge because it refreshes it immediately...so you can charge--push---charge again if need be.

So against a gold I throw, charge, smash, retaliate, shout, sunder, savage, slash, sunder, choke, sunder , retaliate, smash or assault, backhand, sunder or slash, ROAR then run away and force charge, smash, shout, push, throw, charge.....well you get the ideal...all I am giving the mob is a chance to attack me in between stuns and locks and that is without using the 3 min cool-down abilities

Pommel strike can be used with choke(if is not channeled), charge(if you have it speced for stun), back hand, roar and push if your quick enough and in the right spot

Edited by nglasob

I like using them and its neat having attacks that aren't lightsaber ones but it bugs me a little that my foot and handle typically do more damage than my saber.I feel they should have fit those in elsewhere and gave us some beastly looking strikes since they require setup

I disagree about the waste of a key binding, I use them all the time, the cool down on the kick is very low and it does over 1300 damage so IMHO its stupid NOT to use them. Why not just kick them immediately after you use Force Charge? they're already immobilized.

leap / kick target, smash ( target another mob while you jump in the air ) / pommel strike. target non-strong non-elite non-boss non-champion mobs... i.e. the weak ones in the back pegging you with pee shooters. 4 globals and 2 targets dead. not a waste. but... the original post was about pvp. so yeah, useless in pvp

Most of the time my companion targets the small guys anyway, so I usually open up on the bigger threat. At higher levels, you want to be focused on the strong and above mobs to interrupt their casted abilities or you'll not live to regret it. I tried working savage kick into my rotation and the damage is amazing when it's available, but I found it too darn situational to use for more than your opening attack rotation. Dedicating 2 slots to pew-pew weak mobs doesn't seem efficient, but if it works for you I wouldn't change a thing.

I do have to agree and I think it's bunk that the two Marauder attacks that have the potential to hit the hardest (I got savage kick crits for up to 2.9k a few times, by far my hardest hit with any attack), are so situational it's not even funny. You can't use them in pvp, you can't use them on anything higher than a strong. To summarize, Savage Kick and Pommel Strike are 0% effectiveness in PvP and 50% effectiveness in PvE.

In PvP and PvE situations, Assassins/Shadows can hit for over 4k+(actually been mauled for 6k a few times), Operatives/Smugglers can hit for over 5k+, Troopers/Bounty Hunters can also hit for over 4k+, and I've even been hit by a Juggernaut force scream for around3.6k more than once. So, why can't Marauders hit them back with their hardest hitting attacks that come nowhere close to those numbers?

I don't dislike the moves at all, i just hate how they are very restricted. I love the fact they have thrown in a kick and backhand to the face in to the moves list. What i don't understand is why can i not use these in PvP? if there too op then make them do less dmg on players. I think it's nice a to have a few moves that can be used on imobolized/slowed targets. It's just the lack of chance you get to throw these bad boys out there. Edited by Randytravis

I love these moves but not being able to use them against strong or greater opponents is rubbish. I spent ages thinking savage kick was bugged.

Really sad that these abilities are messed up like this. I can understand them not working on Bosses who are immune to immobilization and slowing but against elites and such? Bleh.

Please can we have this fixed?

Bioware hates us warriors thats why they gave us 2 cool abilities that never work.

Be a caster class.. Bioware loves them. That way you get to throw rocks or shoot lightning at people doing tons of dps while slowing them, and u get to start doing that at level 2.. Fun huh.

I don't even have enough buttons on my hot bar for them. I do almost all PVP, and have taken them off completely. They are a waist to time, and a waist of programming. They should remove them from the game, and make other abilities do more damage to weak PvE enemies. I already use every single button on my bars, and these aren't even worth building the muscle memory for. Bad idea BW.

I don't even have enough buttons on my hot bar for them. I do almost all PVP, and have taken them off completely. They are a waist to time, and a waist of programming. They should remove them from the game, and make other abilities do more damage to weak PvE enemies. I already use every single button on my bars, and these aren't even worth building the muscle memory for. Bad idea BW.

i agree with this statement....those two "PVE" spells should be take from the game, and buff our saber attacks...cuz we clearly do no damage (in immortal ) in pvp, so it would help both the PVE and PVP worlds by getting rid of the two uselss spells (kick and pommel) and increase our overal dmg with our saber attack....THAT and take away our AUTO ATTACK, as it's useless and just take the CD off of SUndering ASsault (even if we need to spec into it in our immortal tree) just make it so that we don't have to use our uesless auto attack that does no dmg at all to ANYTHING.

i agree with this statement....those two "PVE" spells should be take from the game, and buff our saber attacks...cuz we clearly do no damage (in immortal ) in pvp, so it would help both the PVE and PVP worlds by getting rid of the two uselss spells (kick and pommel) and increase our overal dmg with our saber attack....THAT and take away our AUTO ATTACK, as it's useless and just take the CD off of SUndering ASsault (even if we need to spec into it in our immortal tree) just make it so that we don't have to use our uesless auto attack that does no dmg at all to ANYTHING.

You do no damage because you have a 5% damage reduction and not as many damage building talents because you went immortal not because juggernaut as a whole hits for low damage.

Can't use it on bosses and you can't use it on PvP so it's not keybound. If they decide to make these moves useful at all i'll bind them. Til then i haven't used them more than a few times, and certainly not on a regular basis.

Yeah, I hate killing trash super fast too. So I tend to ignore my abilities that do the most damage against trash mobs.

Yeah, I hate killing trash super fast too. So I tend to ignore my abilities that do the most damage against trash mobs.

So you're happy with 2 hard-hitting attacks that let you ***-pwn trash mobs, but have absolutely no use in pvp or against anything over a strong? :confused:

Trying to find the logic in this, but not having any luck.

The inability to use Pommel and Kick in PVP or on anything stronger than a normal npc .... is kinda unnerving. Also is it me ? or is Force cloak a wee bit underpowered for a Squishy melee ?

Using it as an entrance to a fight and a quick exit, makes sense, but it lasts for 4 seconds, and has a 45 second CD ?

Also, Force Cloak does not compensate for Ability Travel time - I've been hit with ranged attacks, after I force cloaked - it didn't break it, but I believe it did make me visible to the enemy. ( Kept getting hit with various ranged abilities after that )

I'd like to suggest a change to kick, making it like the Jugg's Knockback.

• Rename to - Force Kick
  • Usable in pvp - Either a shorter CD or removal of the requirement. ( Slow )
  • Refreshes the CD on Force Charge.
  • Knockback effect - single target.
  • Instead of knocking the target away from you in a straight line, the target goes flying
    ( knocked back ) 90 degrees west of you ( where you are aiming ) - Kick ( I believe ) only has an anti-clockwise movement ( animation wise ), punting the target, therefore, in that direction.
  • The Knockback has 1 further effect - If target hits an obstacle ( Wall, Table, Chair ) Anything that's part of the map, apart from the floor/ Roof - Target takes Extra damage ( maybe a 2 pnt talent to put an immobilize effect on the target for 3 seconds ?, IF above requirement is met )

Don't mean to make the ability OP - tweaks to dmg should apply - ( overall it should be used as a Knockback ( CC/ incapacitate ) and not ( less ) as a rotation based, must have, dmg dealing ability.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated about this ( and the Mara/ Jugg in general ), specially if a Dev takes interest:D