Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pommel and savage kick issue?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Pommel and savage kick issue?

Randytravis
02.01.2012 , 09:15 AM | #1
Is anyone else having an issue with these two moves in PvP? Literally it just doesn't allow me to use them. I'm sorry if i am being completely dumb where i missed somewhere you can't use them in PvP but i didn't see anything in the tool tip stating you can't. I know there not some players favorites moves but i like them to use them as there free and still hit for a relative amount. But it just isn't flashing up to use them, i keybind so spamming the key to use and still doesn't. Bug perhaps?

Dire
02.01.2012 , 09:22 AM | #2
They are exclusively pve.

madfresh
02.01.2012 , 10:49 AM | #3
Don't worry I was fretting about the same thing last night!

JediKabuto
02.01.2012 , 11:08 AM | #4
While these new moves add more flavour their uses is too limited and are a waste of a key bind.

SkillZillah
02.01.2012 , 11:20 AM | #5
I disagree about the waste of a key binding, I use them all the time, the cool down on the kick is very low and it does over 1300 damage so IMHO its stupid NOT to use them. Why not just kick them immediately after you use Force Charge? they're already immobilized.
There is no peace, there is only griefing. There is no fear, there is only camping. There is no death, there is only trolling. There is no weakness, there is Oppression.

Optronic
02.01.2012 , 04:28 PM | #6
leap / kick target, smash ( target another mob while you jump in the air ) / pommel strike. target non-strong non-elite non-boss non-champion mobs... i.e. the weak ones in the back pegging you with pee shooters. 4 globals and 2 targets dead. not a waste. but... the original post was about pvp. so yeah, useless in pvp
Oh really? < force choke > thats what i thought.

neuroperson
02.02.2012 , 12:47 PM | #7
I am a mighty fierce Sith Warrior who wields 2 murderous lighsabers simulatneously. That is why my most mighty attacks are a Kick and a Pommel?!? Seriously?

KingFink
02.02.2012 , 03:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by neuroperson View Post
I am a mighty fierce Sith Warrior who wields 2 murderous lighsabers simulatneously. That is why my most mighty attacks are a Kick and a Pommel?!? Seriously?
You are a heroic character, who can dispatch lesser enemies with ease...using only a kick or a pommel strike.

Your more potent moves are best saved for the real threats, you know. They guys your pommel strike and Savage Kick don't work on.

TheZen
02.02.2012 , 04:25 PM | #9
If you''re immortal specc'ed, you can backhand/Pommel Strike elites/strong mobs (works on most run of the mill elites i've seen around on each planets.)

Fairly positive it doesnt work on Champion elites.

Varatho
02.02.2012 , 06:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KingFink View Post
You are a heroic character, who can dispatch lesser enemies with ease...using only a kick or a pommel strike.

Your more potent moves are best saved for the real threats, you know. They guys your pommel strike and Savage Kick don't work on.
Heroic? Only if you are using the Ancient Greek interpretation of the word. I suppose they work fine for a Jedi Knight (although I doubt all of them like it). A quick stab in the heart (do a little behind the back stab for style), or a force neck-snap would be more appropriate for a Sith Warrior to use when slaughtering fodder. A kick or a pommel strike just seem more like sudden weak attacks to throw your opponent off-balance so that you can swoop in for the kill.